[Koda Kumi] The 184th Thread - 59th single 『Shhh!』 & LIVE TOUR 2016 ~Best Single Collection~ - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th June 2016, 09:50 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I guess everyone defines ero-kakkoii differently? I feel like Kuu is going in a completely different direction with her look and sound ever since Bon Voyage. As a result she gave up on a lot f her staples, like the cutesy song, numerous ballads and ero-kakkoii.

introduce a little anarchy

Old 15th June 2016, 10:12 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ I feel the same. When BV came out she said she had experimented with lots of things but had to pick what she would carry from that moment on, so probably the "Cutie honey ero-kakkoii" style was something she left behind, but still kept her sexy-cool image. I'm not one to complain, since WOML was 10/10 for me, it felt like she was always trying too much with her previous albums and they ended up a (hot) mess.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 16th June 2016, 03:00 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
^ I feel the same. When BV came out she said she had experimented with lots of things but had to pick what she would carry from that moment on, so probably the "Cutie honey ero-kakkoii" style was something she left behind, but still kept her sexy-cool image. I'm not one to complain, since WOML was 10/10 for me, it felt like she was always trying too much with her previous albums and they ended up a (hot) mess.
And that's what erokakkoii is. Or what would you call erokakkoii then? She ditched erokawaii, but erokakkoii is still there, kind of her basic image.
She did evolve it further though, more like a cool and mature sexy.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 16th June 2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 16th June 2016, 03:04 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

I used my words badly I think she left away her strongly explicit sexy side, watered down what her ero-kakkoii used to be. And I mean this not in a bad way

Old 16th June 2016, 03:11 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Well, for me erokakkoii is still her basic image. Cutie Honey e.g. always was erokawaii for me. On BV TOUCH DOWN is erokakkoii like maze said. HURRICANE and Like It are for me as well.
Or another example - Kuu at the a-natio pachinko release event. Idk anybody dressing like that (in Japan). Revealing and sexy, but cool (and also mature in that case) at the same time.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 16th June 2016 at 09:11 AM.
Old 16th June 2016, 08:36 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

An earthquake took place today in north eastern of Hokkaido , where Hakodate is

But Kuu is ok as she's in Sapporo . Twitter & Facebook updates wrote that today & tomorrow's KODA KUMI LIVE TOUR 2016 ~Best Single Collection~ concerts in Sapporo are scheduled to go on as planned

Quote:
KODA KUMI LIVE TOUR 2016
~Best Single Collection~
6月16日(木)、17日(金)のニトリ文化ホール公演は
予定通り開催致します。
皆様どうぞお気をつけてご来場下さい。
心よりお待ちしております。
https://www.facebook.com/KodaKumiOff...95210013857131

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 16th June 2016, 10:14 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Mh, she's kakkoii but not ero(tic)kakkoii anymore. I mean stuff like JUICY, Physical thing, KO-SO-KO-SO etc that's what you call real EROkakkoii-ness haha. Of course things are different now, but still would be nice to see that fierce, provocative kuu once again; especially for the summer.

IG | YT | PR

Old 16th June 2016, 12:02 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by a❤martian View Post
I guess everyone defines ero-kakkoii differently? I feel like Kuu is going in a completely different direction with her look and sound ever since Bon Voyage. As a result she gave up on a lot f her staples, like the cutesy song, numerous ballads and ero-kakkoii.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
And that's what erokakkoii is. Or what would you call erokakkoii then? She ditched erokawaii, but erokakkoii is still there, kind of her basic image.
She did evolve it further though, more like a cool and mature sexy.
"Ero-kakkoii" is term born by fashion industry from "ero-kawaii". The only difference between those two is that "ero-kawaii" is being cute with elements of being sexy and "ero-kakkoii" is being cute, sexy and also wearing fancy clothes that makes you look cool and trendy. In Japan it used to be a good thing to looks young, cute and innocent (contrary to USA or Europe). Kuu wanted to have sexy and provocative image (like western stars) but it would be seen as inappropriate so she had to soften it. During the years it evolved and I think she's enough mature and self-confident to stop trying hide her sexyness under something "apropriate". Besides this image became popular and accepted by society, so nowadays we can see many idols, singers and acress being "ero-kawaii/kakkoii" it's not even worth to call it that way anymore.
Old 16th June 2016, 12:17 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Erotic isn' t always like, bam in your face, sensuality also part of it. Like It e.g. is a really sensual song for me.
As I mentioned I've just made a speech about Kuu and described erokakkoii. Erotic and sexy always had kind of a bad conotation in Japan and that changed with Kuu and her erokakkoiiness/erokawaiiness.
It's meant to define strong and confident women, using their sexuality for their own pleasure, at least that's how I've always understood that image and what I've read about it and Kuu's comments.

Another earthquake...glad Kuu is safe and I hope people in this area are as well.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 16th June 2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 16th June 2016, 01:46 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

To me Kuu was the 1 that pioneered and spear headed the Ero Kawaii image as back then , it wasn't something commonly seen

I remembered back in the day she wore lingerie like clothes on MUSIC STATION . Some might find it inappropriate but to me it takes a lot of guts to wear something like this during a live broadcast of a music show

I think over the years especially after she unexpectedly got married + pregnant with her son , her image underwent changes that's now sophisticated and mature . That probably is due to her marriage and change in being a married woman

I myself can't imagine her sticking with Ero Kawaii outfits now that she's a mum . Occasionally is fine (like with TOUCH DOWN in Summer Trip) but other than that , I like the direction her current image's

Also now she doesn't need to hide anymore . She can be covered up from head to toe but if she's confident to do that , that's more than enough

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 16th June 2016, 03:40 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Kuu's contactlenses series gets a new product.
They're launching monthly contact lenses for three of the colours:
http://www.oricon.co.jp/pressrelease/32296/

The other already available contactlenses are daily ones.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 16th June 2016, 07:08 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baernash View Post
"Ero-kakkoii" is term born by fashion industry from "ero-kawaii".
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
To me Kuu was the 1 that pioneered and spear headed the Ero Kawaii image as back then , it wasn't something commonly seen
If I remember correctly from Kumi's 10th anniversary interviews, she claimed she coined the term "ero-kakkoi" herself (and I believe "ero-kawaii" as well). She expressed regret for not naming the style after her own name (like Namie's "amuraa") because she would've liked her name in history books.
Old 16th June 2016, 07:48 PM

and what kind of name would it be.. ero-kuukoii, ero-kuuwaii kuuteness

IG | YT | PR

Old 16th June 2016, 08:45 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ I like "erotikuu"

Old 16th June 2016, 09:43 PM

Hahah I love that one!

Kuu and Kenji went to The Formation World Tour. Where? IDK.

IG | YT | PR

Old 16th June 2016, 10:51 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

yaaaaaaaas getting those ideas for LIVE TOUR 2017

Old 16th June 2016, 11:08 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Hopefully she also gets inspired to release new music lol

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 17th June 2016, 12:08 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

She went to the NY concert according to Weibo posts
Old 17th June 2016, 04:33 AM
MY STORY Initiate

Queen Kuu should totally release her own LEMONADE album. I didn't really care about Beyoncé much until this album. She's so badass there that I thought I was looking at Kuu for a moment. :'D

As for her sexy image, I have realized that I love this more mature sexy version of ero-kakkoii so much more than the one it used to be.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 17th June 2016, 09:54 AM
Introduction Initiate

Guess Kuu's the next one to Beyonce her album, haha.

I believe Kuu won't be able to release LEMONADE, since the album was build on Beyonce's relationship with Jay-Z, particularly his cheating. I can't say for sure, but to me it seems that Kuu and Kenji are very happy in their marriage, so something like LEMONADE won't be released.

Snake's Obsession
your best place for romanized lyrics

Closed Thread

Tags
倖田來未, koda kumi, koddess, live tour 2016, queen of live