New singles Terminal & XOXO ~episode 2~ - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 7th October 2014, 04:21 PM

^I guess not. Would have been interesting though.
Old 7th October 2014, 04:51 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by calltome View Post
On the contrary my dear, it's the complete opposite. Being satisfied when an artist is doing mediocre projects like ayu's current single for example. It's honestly sad, i mean even if you compare her works and concerts from now and two years ago. The difference in quality is clearly seen. Now a fan who sees these changes and complains because they know that ayu can do better. That is the characteristic of fans who genuinely care and believe in her. Those fans truly want ayu to give 100% on her music like she used to or even more. But those who see ayu half-a*****her music and actually say it's ok because that's ayu right now. When something it's clearly wrong . Those fans don't know sh** and don't believe that ayu can do better.
I've seen ayu's best and this years mess it's it.
So, point me what's OBJECTIVELY poorly done. Not with "me no likes" but with "this is technically bad because this and this."

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 7th October 2014, 05:07 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
Again, you act like there's 0 evidence and fans are just pulling complaints out of thin air just to gripe about something. And that's not the case. There's plenty of evidence that says she doesn't care, as I'm sure there's probably evidence that says she does care, although I haven't really seen any. I mean, granted, there's no way we can ever know for 100% certain, but that doesn't discount all the evidence pointing one way or the other.

I just don't get why you think the situation has to be SO black and white. It isn't. It really isn't.

In any case, I'm not even the one who said she didn't care about her career in this thread lol. I do think her career is in a really sad place, and she doesn't seem interested in making it any better at this point. I mean, she seems content with how things are going. And I genuinely think that her career isn't her priority anymore. I'm not saying that's necessarily a BAD thing for her. I'm not trying to villainize her. That's just how I see it.
You are the one thinking the situation is black and white: If you like the release, she cares. If you don't, she doesn't. I dislike plenty of stuff she did, and I would do a lot of them on a totally different way, but I'm pretty sure my likinh or disliking doesn't measure the effort put.

Old 7th October 2014, 05:08 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I thought 5k and no it's worse...

24 - ● Terminal 2,889 2,889 14/10/1 AVT
浜崎あゆみ 24 1

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 7th October 2014, 05:20 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
You are the one thinking the situation is black and white: If you like the release, she cares. If you don't, she doesn't. I dislike plenty of stuff she did, and I would do a lot of them on a totally different way, but I'm pretty sure my likinh or disliking doesn't measure the effort put.
lol... No. Just no. There is PLENTY of stuff that I don't like that I think she put effort into, and plenty of stuff that I like that I don't think she put much effort into. I like Colours, but I don't think she really put much into it. I hate talkin' 2 myself and decision, but I don't think they're objectively bad or that she wasn't trying; I just really don't like them. I absolutely do not fall into the camp that thinks music is entirely subjective, or that everything I like is automatically good and everything I dislike is automatically bad. There are so many standards of quality that are largely objective and should be adhered to that she misses the mark on time and time again. It's not a simple matter of "I don't like this so I think she doesn't care about her career anymore" as I've said multiple times now that there are plenty of legitimate reasons to form that opinion. But thanks for trying to discredit and trivialize my argument again.
Old 7th October 2014, 05:23 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

too much to ask, but maybe avex will realize that they only have themselves to blame. I believe this would have sold considerably well if

A)more tracks on the single (remixes)
B) PV
C) ACTUAL FUCKING PROMOTION
D) any kind of concept and just not a pretty cover.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 7th October 2014, 06:03 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^It's a single aimed at DJs, probably based on the contract they had with the producer, they weren't expecting much more sales than those they actually get.

Old 7th October 2014, 06:32 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
^It's a single aimed at DJs, probably based on the contract they had with the producer, they weren't expecting much more sales than those they actually get.
I really don't understand that logic. A single aimed at DJs would involve more remixes to appeal to those who spin various genres. Not one trance song with a slightly more edgier trance version.

Anyways, my problem like I have mentioned is Ayu can remain true to her sound and still do different things. She did it her whole career. I mean, look at ALL her rock songs. For me, they are all different - they all bring something new to the table. For example, during the string of rock material on A BEST 2 -BLACK-, I never feel like it's repetitive; I always feel like "YES, I love this song!" - I have absolutely no feelings of comparison as each song plays because they stand so well on their own and bring something slightly different to the table that the others don't. They each have their own vibe. This continued with 1LOVE, talkin' 2 myself, and what seriously feels like the magnum opus of rock songs "Microphone" - released how many years into her career and she's still able to make the rock genre sound fresh!? Reminds me was also a nice salute to the fact that she can still expand upon that Genre. Not to mention sending mail which is probably the most emotional rock song. And most recently, Wake me up. Wake me up might not be as hard edged as the others, but it did a great job of expanding on the attitude she presents when performing a rock number. The guitars are still present but take a background seat.

Remember how fans went crazy for BRILLANTE? What about Missing, snowy kiss? It's because these tracks show a certain familiarity about them. Although the problem with love again is that it was the first time most of those songs were truly copycats of previous releases. Although missing is nice and snowy kiss as well, it's the first time I feel like "well I'd rather be listening to momentum" "well I'd rather be listening to sending mail". Same goes for that other track that is similar to marionette. Love again sounds like early demo tracks of previous works for the most part.

The reason I truly love ayu is because she has a unique ability to expand her sound without completely abandoning it. She truly has created her own genre. When she, for the first time in 10+ years begins to fall short of achieving this, it truly is a shock. I mean, THATS what made her unique all these years. How many artists do you know who are capable of such a balancing act - walking the line of new and old so perfectly well for 10+ years, without going a COMPLETE reinvention?

Last edited by Zeke.; 7th October 2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 7th October 2014, 06:39 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
So, point me what's OBJECTIVELY poorly done. Not with "me no likes" but with "this is technically bad because this and this."
Ok......... The reason for the "me no likes" Reply has nothing todo with your entire post. I honestly just wanted to reply to one sentence based on your post. If that makes any sense. FYI I'll use technical, objective and subjective writing styles. When Its within my wishes or asked by a college professor. You fit neither categories so that's you get, a general "me no likes" reply.
Old 7th October 2014, 08:57 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calltome View Post
Ok......... The reason for the "me no likes" Reply has nothing todo with your entire post. I honestly just wanted to reply to one sentence based on your post. If that makes any sense. FYI I'll use technical, objective and subjective writing styles. When Its within my wishes or asked by a college professor. You fit neither categories so that's you get, a general "me no likes" reply.
As a note, you'll get the same quality discussion back as what you put in. Don't expect polite and productive posts in reply when you react to being requested to be 'objective' like this.

This goes for this whole thread - discussion is good, but not when it gets this aggressive. Try and read over your posts before you publish them to make sure your attitude is represented accurately.
Old 7th October 2014, 09:29 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

I read a google-translation of an article and it says she lost a record of singles in the top 20

TWICE

Old 7th October 2014, 09:37 PM
from your letter Initiate

And I thought the undead godtada thread had some drama...

I liked this single I was sad there wasn't an official instrumental

Youtube.
Old 7th October 2014, 09:51 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^ Yes, I totally need the instrumental version of the Original mix! The Dub mix is not the same. Therefore, I'm hoping for an exclusive Terminal release on iTunes (Terminal - The Remixes | Remix Side/Extended Side, something like this). Extended mixes, remixes in general, Original mix -Instrumental- and the eagerly awaited English version. Get it on, now.
Old 7th October 2014, 10:15 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Will we ever get to hear the xoxo remix ???

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 7th October 2014, 11:26 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by primavera♥ View Post
Sometimes I wonder if ayu's really the one who created everything and had all of the ideas or the details which is what people care about. Obviously no one does everything, but I wonder if she did as much as we think she did. Idk idk. The execution of the concepts, details, and music...idk. she seemed very compelled to just do everything, even if she was tired and etc. It's an interesting form of passion.

Like in that interview when she talked about doing her own thing now that she finds more appealing than what other people want, it makes me wonder what she was doing before. Like, maybe she should listen to people again, but the right people.
How can you believe she is the only one who created the brand "AYU" ?? she said herself that AYU was created by a lot of people ! When she was at her peak she had an ARMY of collaborators who worked and were the best in their respective fields for her she wasn't the one behind every ideas or concepts she simply couldn't (look at Dearest MV and you will understand what I mean...) but nonetheless she was implicated in everything at 100% for sure! She represented by herself in 2001 if I remember well 15% of the whole market to make it simple billions and billions of yens ! it was just impossible for her to take every decisions by herself you know it's like a BIG company ... that's why now she is "free" she is not anymore what she used to be commercially !! She doesn't have the same pressure and she doesn't have the obligation anymore to satisfy anyone else !

I understand your statement and even agree with you ! I can't believe that the one which has made MV like Walking proud, alterna or endless sorrow is the same which made XOXO or Shake it for exemple ... but it's just another side of her and she is influenced by other people !

When you watch the making of her concerts you can see she is not a puppet ! she is not the one who make everything because she can't but she looks at every single detail ^^

My Website Twitter Last.Fm

Last edited by mizuki-7; 7th October 2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 7th October 2014, 11:50 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Was this release postponed again?! I'm not seeing it on oricon Daily...

joking hahaha
Old 8th October 2014, 12:02 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I don't even care that single failed. It's pointless.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 8th October 2014, 12:52 AM
GREEN Initiate

Im so confused on the release...
There was no effort put into this at all? Maybe this is just things to come... like
Look. I don't even care anymore. Here's a pretty song!
Old 8th October 2014, 03:56 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I can't believe this is all happening...
de tu puño y letra
Old 8th October 2014, 04:19 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Sunrise Sunset
ayufans: Is it too much to ask for a good cover?

Terminal
ayufans: Is it too much to ask for more remixes?

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!

Tags
terminal, xoxo