Ayu gives birth to a baby boy - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 3rd January 2020, 05:25 AM
Over Initiate

Obviously super happy for Ayu! I also thoroughly enjoy moments when a celebrity like her can pull off such a great surprise for the public in this day and age ♪(v^_^)v

I do wonder about the contrast between her previously, highly publicized relationships and this pregnancy; isn’t she being managed by Max again now? As opposed to before when she was married the first time? Could be that he’s the one helping her strategize and manage the release of information. Distracting the public with the book and LOVEppears re-release makes a lot of sense and seems reminiscent of how they kept her onset deafness a secret back in 2001.

Also love that Ayu, Hikki, Namie, and Kumi all had boys. Maybe Ayu, Hikki, and Kumi’s sons can form a trio and Haruto can manage them when the time comes ヽ(´▽`)/

Also LOVE that Ayu spoke out on the need for women to have longer parental leave periods before returning to work in Japan. She knew that her light speed return to the stage could serve as fodder for the patriarchy to point at and say, “See, women can bounce back from childbirth just fine!” so she spoke out on it immediately and revealed the vast resources required to get her to a point where that was possible. Not everyone has that and should obviously be allowed much more time to return to work.

So, so happy for and proud of Ayu and I’m wishing her all the happiness, health, and strength in this world for her growing family *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Last edited by greggerz189; 3rd January 2020 at 05:28 AM.
Old 3rd January 2020, 09:49 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppei-chan View Post
Or would she call her son an angel If she didn't feel happy about being a mother now?
I have no reasons to think she's not happy, but it's a public statement. She can't say anything else unless she wants to destroy her career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
This also explains why her vocals have improved..the same thing happened with Koda Kumi's vocals during and post pregnancy x
It's not that they magically improved because of the pregnancy, she was still going off-key a lot comparing to other artists . It either was a choice to sing in a soft way or she was too tired to scream like she normally does. I hope it's the former, but only time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larisa-chan View Post
I am also impressed that not one person who knew she was pregnant ran off to gossip newspapers or whatever. Her work staff, medical staff, etc. Or even the friends and families of THOSE people lol even if she may have 9999 lawyers to go after someone who would break the news, I feel like someone may have taken the chance.
It's Japan, it's all about following the rules.

Last edited by Chris85; 3rd January 2020 at 10:25 AM.
Old 3rd January 2020, 10:57 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larisa-chan View Post
I am also impressed that not one person who knew she was pregnant ran off to gossip newspapers or whatever. Her work staff, medical staff, etc. Or even the friends and families of THOSE people lol even if she may have 9999 lawyers to go after someone who would break the news, I feel like someone may have taken the chance.
I believe they are so well paid, that don't want to lose job and reputation because of one leak
Old 3rd January 2020, 11:19 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Just returned here after years of absence to congratulate Ayu on her baby. I'm so happy for her. I didn't even know she was pregnant, but I hope she finds joy in motherhood!
Old 3rd January 2020, 12:30 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Is this real? I ...can't..how...what?
Old 3rd January 2020, 12:46 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
Is this real? I ...can't..how...what?
exactly my reaction in the first place xD

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 3rd January 2020, 01:52 PM
SURREAL Initiate

https://twitter.com/syooo_ta/status/1212947858812334081

Someone posted this shot from A^3 and it kinda looks like a really small pregnant belly (her stomach is usually really flat) but who knows lol
Old 3rd January 2020, 02:21 PM
still alone Initiate

Ayumi Hamasaki Becomes A First-Time Mum At 41
Old 3rd January 2020, 03:16 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I'm so shook, but I'm also so incredibly happy for Ayu - her comments on post-pregnancy care also cement why she remains a great role model.
Old 3rd January 2020, 04:03 PM
SEASONS Initiate

I’ve seen post on Instagram as well as some Japanese articles analyzing her appearance looking for the belly, and some of them are pics from 2018 even from JTB chapter 1 lol Like, she gave birth on November, for how long do they think she was pregnant? Not even an elephant. https://www.instagram.com/p/B6zF6kVn...=1v8dve34ntw90

I’m still processing the news.
Old 3rd January 2020, 04:04 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post

It's not that they magically improved because of the pregnancy, she was still going off-key a lot comparing to other artists . It either was a choice to sing in a soft way or she was too tired to scream like she normally does. I hope it's the former, but only time will tell.
Actually, yes, your vocals do "magically" improve during and just after pregnancy (you still get the pregnancy hormones for at least 6 months to a year after). Though in the third trimester singing becomes more difficult due to decreased lung capacity.

Or maybe change is a better word than improve, though usually, it's for the better.
There's been enough evidence of other singers saying that their voices changed, usually for the better during pregnanacy. Plus it makes sense. Pregnancy hormones change your bodies a lot. Also, all of your joints, ligaments, etc, become looser; I would imagine this applies to your diaphragm as well thus making it take less effort to open up and sing.
Old 3rd January 2020, 04:27 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^yeah, but it works different for everyone. Some might not even get affected, others worsen. Was ist Kelly Clarkson who couldn't adjust ?
Old 3rd January 2020, 04:41 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
I have no reasons to think she's not happy, but it's a public statement. She can't say anything else unless she wants to destroy her career.
It may have been an unexpected pregnancy, but if she really didn't want that kid...she kept her pregnancy under wraps so perfectly, could have had an abortion early on and none would have known, too.
Old 3rd January 2020, 04:41 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
I believe they are so well paid, that don't want to lose job and reputation because of one leak
Plus she is pretty close with her dancers and band, maybe only a select group of people knew and she didn't need to threaten anyone to keep quiet. . We'll never know really, I'm just so proud that she pulled it off.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 3rd January 2020, 04:49 PM
Because of You Initiate

Yeah it's like s second family to her.

I just love how randomly she put the news out: happy new year and thanks for joining me to welcome it, oh and btw i had a baby in november 🤣🎅
It's just so casual lol
Old 3rd January 2020, 05:07 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
Yeah it's like s second family to her.

I just love how randomly she put the news out: happy new year and thanks for joining me to welcome it, oh and btw i had a baby in november 🤣🎅
It's just so casual lol
Lmao I know. Like she just threw that in there “luv you bye”
Old 3rd January 2020, 07:54 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^it can be strong or careless - depending on how you see it.
She is living with her mom and she is rich, so I don't feel like it is bad for the baby, but maybe it was too sudden for her. I know she is a workaholic and she can pull it off, but maybe some rest could have her done good too - especially since she said adjusting isn't too easy.

But I' not here to judge - she knows what is best for her or maybe she reflects on it later and says it wasn't a good decision - but it's up ti her.
Old 3rd January 2020, 11:05 PM
ayu trance Initiate

At first, I was like WHAT? But as long as she is happy then I am happy.

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 4th January 2020, 07:34 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I arranged myself with the news, but I'm not buying that "unknown normal person" father story
Old 5th January 2020, 09:52 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Wow... congratulations to her! What a well hidden secret!

Tags
baby, birth, pregnancy