Moments - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 14th July 2022, 10:47 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Cool Moments

Ha, got you again! You thought this was going to be a tribute to the song, but it isn't - though, maybe we also take a moment to appreciate Moments for the great song it is. Done? Let's move on.

We often talk about our favourite songs here: the tracks in full, as we appreciate them for their compositional glory, structural beauty, the stories they tell. However, sometimes within those amazing songs there are brief moments that are absolutely *t*r*a*n*s*c*e*n*d*e*n*t*. Moments you always look forward to as soon as you hear the opening notes, on the edge of your seat as it is about to roll around. That brief but blissful moment of utter awe at the greatness, there is little to rival it!

The moment that motivated this thread is from Days: an amazing song already with a whole bunch of fantastic twists and turns. However, those two seconds at the end of the chorus as the instrumentation dies down and jist a little sparkle remains and Ayu magically sings those last few words (ite ii desu ka at 1:35ish) - oof. It justs lifts the whole thing to a whole other level. It's all of two seconds. It's also utterly genius. There's two similar moments in the song (second time it leads into the guitar solo and the third is near the end), but the first is most impactful for me (and if I had to rank them, I like the third instance second best and the second third best).

There's many more such moments of course. What's your favourites?
Old 14th July 2022, 11:00 PM
poker face Initiate

In monochrome during the last part of the instrumental before the lalalais the tunes turn a little darker which really hit the meaning of monochrome aka faded colors until it becomes grey.
Old 14th July 2022, 11:18 PM
too late Initiate

The bridge of "reminds me" evokes in my mind a scene of being haunted by "ghosts" from the past and every turn of the guitar solo is a new "ghost" and in the end she accepts she can't escape and there's nothing to do but fight and face her fears.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 14th July 2022 at 11:21 PM.
Old 15th July 2022, 05:42 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuSoku View Post
In monochrome during the last part of the instrumental before the lalalais the tunes turn a little darker which really hit the meaning of monochrome aka faded colors until it becomes grey.
Yes, good call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
The bridge of "reminds me" evokes in my mind a scene of being haunted by "ghosts" from the past and every turn of the guitar solo is a new "ghost" and in the end she accepts she can't escape and there's nothing to do but fight and face her fears.
Oof, I'll admit I've consistently neglected Party Queen, but damn, so good. Excellent choice!
Old 18th July 2022, 06:23 PM
And Then Initiate

The bridge before the last chorus on HANABI ~episode II~.
It makes me feel like I'm running through a maze of sad memories. Does that even make sense? Lol, it's because the song is so dramatic and atmospheric and puts me in such a mood.
Old 18th July 2022, 11:30 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Oof, yes, also an excellent choice.

A moment I've been finding very satisfying these last few days (for very different reasons, my first choice was more of the emotional punch-type) is the moment Sparkle transitions into its heavily side-chained pulsating kick section. Brilliant!