[Request] Your coment to "Love Song & Last Angel" - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 21st December 2010, 09:01 PM
no more words Initiate

I'm still trying to figure it out, but I also think it goes Love song - Last Angel - Virgin Road.

The beauty of the three is all of them can stand alone, but at the same time make an even better story as a trio. This is what I kind of expected for her trilogy of singles, but this works too. Haha.

I'm thinking it's some kind of Star Wars-ish trilogy, where we start somewhere, get somewhere in the middle, but essentially end up back in the same place after (if we allow for assumptions). Love song is like the tension, Last Angel is the final explosion, while Virgin Road is (back to) the honeymoon stage.
Old 21st December 2010, 09:02 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ayu_Freak* View Post
No, Mannie isn't dead in Love Song xDD
I don't know how you can think he isn't, since he doesn't have a reflection and Ayu doesn't notice him at all

Old 21st December 2010, 09:30 PM
BEST Initiate

^ maybe because she's only imagining him there in her thoughts, not that he's actually there -- and she's mad so she can be ignoring him at times.
Old 21st December 2010, 09:34 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
Using just these three, I'm thinking maybe something like:
Virgin Road - Love Song - Last Angel

Virgin Road is their past together -- they fall in love, get married, rob a bank and get a lot of money.
Then we move to Love Song -- with all the money they stole, they have a nice place in the city, and live a glamorous life. We see Ayu leaving Mannie, but we're not sure why. She's running out, and gets caught in the midst of this robbery and dies. She's upset the whole time and starts thinking that the robbers are like she and Mannie, and in her mind pictures them to be one in the same.
Which brings us to Last Angel -- where we see the back story that Ayu left because Mannie cheated. They've been running for a long time, looking at their backs because the police have been trying to find them for robbing the bank. At the end, we realize that Ayu has died in the shooting, and she imagines Mannie in his suit coming to save her in her wedding dress. Her going to "heaven" is restoring their relationship to how she fondly remembered it, as in Virgin Road.

I think this interpretation makes the most sense.
Old 21st December 2010, 09:49 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Mannie is dead, Ayu goes away crying because she's missing him.
When she sees the robbers in the bank, it reminds her of one of the things they used to do together: robbing. And she's shot and dies.
And then, in the end of Last Angel, Mannie comes to rescue her. They're both dead, and they begin to live their life again in the underworld, that's when Virgin Road PV happens.

Old 21st December 2010, 09:54 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbly View Post
I think Mannie is dead in Love Song PV. Like when the taxi driver checks the mirror and Mannie is suddenly gone, or when he is running trough the streets and you can't see him in the window of this shop
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellody View Post
I just watched the PV again and what you said is true.
He isn't real at all, Ayu acts like didn't see Mannie from the beginning, he can't be seen in the window shop, in taxi mirror, also he didn't splash the water when stepping the water, he isn't real in that PV. (There's also a sound effect when Mannie chasing the taxi)
Thats what I though at first too, when I saw the short ver. of Love Song. You can find the post I made about here the song I compared the video to was Nickelback's Someday. Anyways on to my interpretations.

After seeing the full PV for Love Song it would fit to say that Virgin Road -> Love Song -> Last Angel.

Virgin Road is their past lives where they got married and robbed banks yet they made it out of it alive and happy. Were as in Love song they have been reborn and their present life is anything but happy endings. It fits into the belief that if you were a bad person in your pass life you will have to pay for it in your next (I guess an easy way to call it would be Karma).

I'll start with Last Angel before I explain love song because it holds the back story. Ayu is dead you see people gather around her while her spirit is in the background singing. The we start to see her memories, like how your life passes right before your eyes before you die, which gives us the back story or some of it.

We see flashbacks of her and Mannie together as well as Mannie and some other girl. Notice that in the memories her hair was curly and it isn't straight like in Love Song. This represents a different time.

My assumption is that Ayu found out Mannie was cheating on her so she left him. So she left and the person chasing her is Mannie trying to explain and get her back.

The reason I think it's Mannie who's following her is because although you can't see him the silhouette looks like Mannie such as the shadow at 3:24. You she the person's shadow has their hair tied up like Mannie does in most of their videos.

In the end Ayu is dead and we see Mannie dressing as he was in Virgin Road helping Ayu up, who is also wearing the Virgin Road outfit. We can assume they are going to heaven now because they paid for their crimes in their past lives in this one. Thats why they are dress in the Virgin Road attire because this was the happiest time for the both of them their past lives. In order for him to be a spirit as well means that he is dead which goes back of my theory of him already being dead in Love Song.

Love Song you see Ayu packing to leave and in the video I would assume that somehow she found out Mannie was dead.

Although we can see Mannie she looks right pass him. He doesn't have a reflection in most of the video except in the cab mirror (which is slightly confusing) until the driver adjust it and he disappear as if his reflection was never there to begin with. He also doesn't make any splashes in the puddles and doesn't show up in the glass of the shops.

At first I wasn't sure how the stalker scene ended but now after writing this and rereading my interpretations. I think that he caught up to her and manage to applogize to her and they got back together.

So after fighting and breaking up because he was cheating they got back together, but it still doesn't give them a happily ever after because after they get back together something happens and he dies.

From the trauma of finding out he's dead she starts hallucinating when she see the robbers as Mannie and Her, which can also represent their past lives as robbers and their crime. This is where she gets caught in the crossfire between the robbers and the police.

This all goes back to the karma thing, they committed crimes in their past and in their present they are face with various obstacles and strains on their relationship. In the end they can finally be happy and at peace after they died because now they can start over with a clean slate.

The only thing that doesn't fit is how did Mannie die?

Ok so my photoshop skill sucks sue me...
Old 21st December 2010, 10:25 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaibff View Post
The only thing that doesn't fit is how did Mannie die?
Maybe whatever was chasing Ayu in the parking garage?

Old 21st December 2010, 10:37 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ayu_Freak* View Post
No, Mannie isn't dead in Love Song xDD
Actually, I am pretty sure he is. You don't see his reflection in mirrors, he doesn't splash the water on the ground when he's running after the taxi, and ayu seems to look right through him when she is leaving the apartment. So yea, pretty sure he's dead.

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 21st December 2010, 11:06 PM
End of the World Initiate

however, when Ayu is dead/coma/whatever in Last Angel, eventually we only see her in reflections. Rather than being a plot element I thought Mannie running in Love Song was just meant to stylistically mirror Last Angel.

I love reading all the interpretations here, I'm not quite sure what I think yet! I do love this PV trio however, it's got a great plot, Ayu looks gorgeous, plus Ayu in wedding dresses with guns! I think Virgin Road is still my favourite though, but out of Love Song and Last Angel I would choose Last Angel.
Old 21st December 2010, 11:13 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by legends_asallas View Post
Maybe whatever was chasing Ayu in the parking garage?
This post is pretty much my imagination running wild based off of the thought that Mannie died in the garage.

I thought it was Mannie chasing her because it kind of looks like him. However there could be someone else. All I know is that there could have been 2 guys in the garage with her.

Though at 4:04 there someone behind her (Mannie in my opinion) but from 4:13 TO 4:14 there was someone sitting it a car when she walked passed it (why would there be someone in a car if they weren't important?). So maybe something did happen in the garage and Mannie saved her and died? Possibly without her knowing he was there. She was spooked and drove away and Mannie stayed to fight the guy because that could be a reason why she was so upset in Love Song, she upset because she felt it was her fault he died?

There so many things we can actually make up in between the scenes and try to fill in the blank but its hard to know what was intended.

Old 21st December 2010, 11:18 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I thought Virgin Road was first... and that the Virgin Road Ayu and Mannie were reborn into the present day Ayu and Mannie, but when they died, they were together again...

Does that make sense?

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 21st December 2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 21st December 2010, 11:40 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

OMG people, it goes "Love Song - Last Angel - Virgin Road".

I don't understand how anyone can not see that Mannie is totally dead in "Love Song", they spend a lot of time getting this accross; taxi rear view, puddle that doesn't splash, store window without a reflection, come on! It seems like Ayu is hallucinating that the robbers are Mannie and herself, ie the faces are in her mind, and she's shot. Then she's dying in Last Angel and Mannie is trying to get to her, he finally does and she dies. Then in Virgin Road they're dead. I always thought it was WEIRD that in "Virgin Road" they magically are able to get away, but now it makes more sense.
Old 21st December 2010, 11:54 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
OMG people, it goes "Love Song - Last Angel - Virgin Road".

I don't understand how anyone can not see that Mannie is totally dead in "Love Song", they spend a lot of time getting this accross; taxi rear view, puddle that doesn't splash, store window without a reflection, come on! It seems like Ayu is hallucinating that the robbers are Mannie and herself, ie the faces are in her mind, and she's shot. Then she's dying in Last Angel and Mannie is trying to get to her, he finally does and she dies. Then in Virgin Road they're dead. I always thought it was WEIRD that in "Virgin Road" they magically are able to get away, but now it makes more sense.
Well this is more straightforward then what I thought the story line was Virgin Road- Love Song- Last Angel (and how karma comes back at you, if you don't pay for you crimes in one life (virgin road) you will pay for it in the next (Love Song/Last Angel).

However, your interpretations works too. It really does make sense Mannie is chasing her and trying to get to her, and when he gets there he bangs on her window. So skip back to the part she on the street she finally dies and they go off together.

But that doesn't explain who the other girl in Last Angel was. I still don't really get this... who is the girl and what happened to her?

Old 22nd December 2010, 12:04 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

She's a pretty girl there to show just how much eye make-up Ayu cakes on.
Old 22nd December 2010, 01:04 AM
As if.. Initiate

omg it ties up really well with crossroad as well - looking back watching herself burn - regret that she robbed a bank and may be even moon : reminising the good times she had with her lover together!!!
after looking at all ur comments, it totally make so much sense - it is quite obivous from the lift scene and the shadow of the pony tail, it is maine who was chasing her. and the fact that mainne banged the car and the camera , in the next shot showed there is nothing there, suggest that maine is a ghost as well
omg her best videos since my story era!
I don't think they explained how mainne died, and i still don't understand the twotiming significance (they never showed ayu "left" mainne).

YES STILL BELIEVE IN LOVE!
Old 22nd December 2010, 01:25 AM
Dolls Initiate

I hope I can make it clearly!

Love song

1. MANNIE'S DEATH
He's 100% dead. He's not appearing in the window, the water have no effect on him, Ayu and taxi driver didnt see him. It's like in this movie with Bruce Willis. (;D)

2. MANNIE'S BEYOND LIFE&DEATH
He's fear are showing here, but too bad it's real. She is very sad, he wants to catch her, but he can't. He is doing it so desperately, he loves her. But he can't catch her and make her happy.

3. AYU'S DEPRESSION
She is so depressed with Mannie's death so she even see him and her in a bank robber. She wants to be with him, even as a criminals, having a laugh.

4. AYU'S DEATH
She is shooten by a bank robber.

Last angel

5. AYU'S BEYOND LIFE&DEATH
Her fears are showing up. That she never meet Mannie. That he was with random girl, not her. Or he was cheating. Next is showing that she is stalking by somebody. It's her fear. She is famous right? They got a lot of stalkers lol. And Mannie's still beyond L&D and he still try to catch her but he can't so badly. And Ayu's in this place maybe because he died there in real life (someone mentioned this above) OR maybe he was killed by this random stalker. We can imagine how he died

6. AYU & MANNIE'S SOUL FINNALLY MEET
As she dreamed after she died, they are like a classic robbers, they meet together finnally, so they could go to their own heaven

Virgin Road

7. AYU & MANNIE IN THEIR FANTASY
They are dead, happy and living their own dream in heaven.

That was easy!
XD

Last edited by pepper; 22nd December 2010 at 01:33 AM.
Old 22nd December 2010, 02:00 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
She's a pretty girl there to show just how much eye make-up Ayu cakes on.

I'm still trying to get these PVs, but I agree it goes Virgin Road- Love song -Last angel. We know Mannie is dead. Maybe in the Last angel PV, when Ayu is being chased after, is Mannie that follows her (we can realize it's him from the shadows) and when he hits the car window there's no one there cuz we know he's already dead.
So many crazy ideas, I'll keep on reading your comments guys. I liked pepper's interpretation of Last Angel though.

Well, whatever their meaning is, one thing's for sure, every time I see Mannie in his white tuxedo coming to get Ayu my eyes fill with tears! I so love that scene!! so beautiful to think they can be together after death

lovely set by the great ownsarai

Last edited by Ayu'Kiss; 22nd December 2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 22nd December 2010, 02:02 AM
Dolls Initiate

btw, mannie is so hot.
Old 22nd December 2010, 02:09 AM
Daybreak Initiate

I'm still don't understand how Mannie died, also there's something missing from the interpretation, what's the meaning of Ayu in short hair which only appears in Love song PV?
Though she only singing, why don't they use the same Ayu (the short hair one) in Last angel PV as well? Why they use different Ayu in Last angel PV?

Also, Virgin Road maybe the first, because it's Black & White PV, usually Black & White PV represents a flashback or something in the past.
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。
Old 22nd December 2010, 03:09 AM
Dolls Initiate

I guess it's a circle, Virgin Road can be aither at the beginning or at the end. At the beginning as if it is their real wedding and then after robbery they hide in LA where somehow Mannie dies and then Ayu and (with Virgin Road at the end again) they go back to their memory or they are re-living their best time again.

I just cannot get one thing, when Mannie appears in white to pick up dead Ayu, he moves the old guy aside and he is looking at him, as if Mannie's alive (he looks straight at Mannie's face), and in the next scene, he picks up Ayu but everyone is still loking down where Ayu's body was/is lying suggesting they are dead and no-one can see them.

Last edited by SKYia; 22nd December 2010 at 03:12 AM.

Tags
last angel, love song, love songs