Is Ayu still with Kosé? - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 17th August 2007, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
Well, the name of this izzue guy is Masanobu Ando.
Did you mean Tamayama Tetsuji? He used to the izzue model like, 3 or 4 years ago.
no i mean the guy in ur signature!!! he's Tamayama Tetsuji, right?! are my eyes fooling me? omg... it's not him. They've switched guys and all this time I thought it was still tamayama tetsuji. geez, talk about retarded.

and, man, you sound so indifferent like "well, he..." like, so hardcore man

but gosh those two guys kinda look alike... but omg new hot dude to add to my list of potential hubbies.
Old 17th August 2007, 05:16 PM
KaoriNeko

Yeah, Kuu is pretty but not gorgeous. Her face is much too round and with those weird dimple-wrinkle things in her cheek! I would never buy makeup from her!

Visee*Kumi.
Photoshop, photoshop, photoshop!!!

Ayu
Pretty ~ !
Old 17th August 2007, 05:26 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by afusion View Post
^ agree with you. I think Koda Kumi is scary with the long long monstrous nails. Koda kumi is "in" right now yea, but she didn't get there in a way I don't agree with ^^ and just look at this pic, isn't it amazing!!! <333
wow...that pic is perfect!y do u guys think its bad?makes me think y they kicked her off.grr.

sets made by me

Last edited by XxCaRoLcHaNxX; 17th August 2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 17th August 2007, 05:44 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoriNeko View Post
Yeah, Kuu is pretty but not gorgeous. Her face is much too round and with those weird dimple-wrinkle things in her cheek! I would never buy makeup from her!

Visee*Kumi.
Photoshop, photoshop, photoshop!!!

Ayu
Pretty ~ !
Yeah but you just showed a picture of a screencap & a photoshoot of course Kumi's was photoshopped, but so is Ayu's photoshots. But even though they use artist to advertise there products I wouldn't buy make up just because Kumi & Ayu were using since who's to say they even use it in real life. I would buy it if I think it really improved my looks , liked the lip stick color, or that there mascara brought out my eyelashes.

Old 17th August 2007, 06:36 PM
Banned

Loving the bias. Kumi's not model material because of her facial structure yet somehow Ayu's the most amazing model in the world despite being small enough to tread on if you don't look where your going. Come on, please.
Kumi's got more face to advertise make-up on. Put eyeliner on Ayu and there's no space for anything else.
Old 17th August 2007, 06:38 PM
Banned

There IS a reason why Ayu couldn't make it as a model before she was a singer...

But how did this turn into Kuu vs. Ayu, anyway?
Old 17th August 2007, 06:38 PM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weslicious View Post
Loving the bias. Kumi's not model material because of her facial structure yet somehow Ayu's the most amazing model in the world despite being small enough to tread on if you don't look where your going. Come on, please.
Kumi's got more face to advertise make-up on. Put eyeliner on Ayu and there's no space for anything else.
LOVE IT!! I'm glad someone agrees about Kuu >_<"
Old 17th August 2007, 06:41 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Eh, I dunno. Ayu may be small but to me she just exudes more class. Kuu is fun and the It girl right now, but she's not particularly classy to me. Plus, based on this pic posted earlier, Kuu's got one funky brow bone.

But yeah. Kuu is not unattractive but for some reason I see her as a lingerie model more than a cosmetics model. Probably because of her image. *dodges tomatoes*

Plus, I think the size argument is a little irrelevant when it comes to PRINT MODELING. Runway modeling? Yeah, Ayu wouldn't stand a chance because of her size. However, print modeling is just taking pictures of one's face. If they downsize the 'shopping on Ayu's eyes more, she'd be no worse a candidate than Jpop Artist X.

★★ BIG BANG: Japanese expansion, June 2009! ★★

♫ w-inds x G - D R A G O N: "Rain is Falling" out now!

Old 17th August 2007, 06:49 PM
independent Initiate

I didn't see anyone say ayu was the best model in the world =\ *i'll double check after this post*

ayu's more fitting for kose imo anyways. not saying kuu isn't good, she's just not at ayu's level. just like how ayu isn't at *insert models name here* level. it's a whole chain. who know's who's next after kumi. it could be leah =D *crosses finger*
Old 17th August 2007, 07:04 PM
Banned

Quote:

Eh? more face to put make up on? okay, she doesn't need to sell us foundation. We're not being biased here! Ayu's face is like THE ideal face of almost, like, EVERY Asian girl in Asia. She has the eyes, the nose, the lips. Asian girls would KILL for Ayu's face. But eh, Kumi? She's like... um, *okay, I PROMISED I wouldn't diss Koda Kumi, but* She's hideous! I would cry my eyes out if I looked like her! Yes, she is the fun "it" girl, and the fact that she's popular right now proves that people aren't shallow. So, in a way, that's a good thing. It baffles me that there are people (most English-speaking people) who think Kumi is beautiful. It's the same as Americans thinking Lucy Liu is hot (she's sweet and okayish, but not gorgeous). C'mon, now.
Old 17th August 2007, 07:09 PM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
We're speaking about make up models. And seriously Ayu's great with make up and to advertise it. She's got a beautiful facial structure that any girl would die to own. Kumi just got it because she's the "it" girl right now.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 17th August 2007, 07:10 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniayumi View Post
Eh? more face to put make up on? okay, she doesn't need to sell us foundation. We're not being biased here! Ayu's face is like THE ideal face of almost, like, EVERY Asian girl in Asia. She has the eyes, the nose, the lips. Asian girls would KILL for Ayu's face.
Asian girls? As in all/most? There are a lot of Asian girls in Asia. Mind you, Ayu wasn't nearly as gorgeous as she is now in 1995 or something. I strongly believe she had cosmetic work done (even though it's not major, as eyelid splitting is very, very common in Asia), and there are a number of girls who are naturally pretty as they are. Ayu was pretty then, but she's BEAUTIFUL now.

"Ideal" has a lot of definitions. I'm rooting for Ayu too but I don't think the ideal face would need cosmetic corrections. Ideal to me is naturally pretty. And have you seen Ayu WITHOUT makeup? She looks just like any other Asian girl who would "kill" for her face. Ayu is a normal person, so I don't necessarily think it's fair to put her on that high a pedestal. But that's just me.

Back on the subject of Kose though, Demure_Dusk is right. Ayu is just good with makeup. Regardless of what she looked like pre-stardom, there's no doubt she has a good eye for what looks nice and is capable of pulling off different styles. Yeah, she has a team of stylists, but she herself seems very capable of doing her own makeup and still looking great. That's what I think makes her such a strong Kose spokesperson; her ability to not only wear the makeup, but to do it herself/know what looks good.

Last edited by namiie; 17th August 2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 17th August 2007, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demure_Dusk View Post
We're speaking about make up models. And seriously Ayu's great with make up and to advertise it. She's got a beautiful facial structure that any girl would die to own. Kumi just got it because she's the "it" girl right now.
See, that's my point. People have been calling Kumi the 'it' girl since her career started taking off. Since the first BEST she's been the 'it' girl. She's 'peaked' several time's since according to some people. When she released Second Session, people didn't think it would sell well. It did. Then came last years singles which sold well. People said Black Cherry wouldn't sell well, because all of a sudden Second Session was her 'peak'. Black Cherry was incredibly successful, so that's her new 'peak' that people will be saying she won't beat come her next album ... She's been the 'it' girl for long enough now for people to give her some credit when she get's a lucrative sponsorship.

Ayu wouldn't have got the sponsorship if she hadn't been a successful a singer at the time either.
Old 17th August 2007, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by namiie View Post
Asian girls? As in all/most? There are a lot of Asian girls in Asia. Mind you, Ayu wasn't nearly as gorgeous as she is now in 1995 or something. I strongly believe she had cosmetic work done (even though it's not major, as eyelid splitting is very, very common in Asia), and there are a number of girls who are naturally pretty as they are. Ayu was pretty then, but she's BEAUTIFUL now.

"Ideal" has a lot of definitions. I'm rooting for Ayu too but I don't think the ideal face would need cosmetic corrections. Ideal to me is naturally pretty. And have you seen Ayu WITHOUT makeup? She looks just like any other Asian girl who would "kill" for her face. Ayu is a normal person, so I don't necessarily think it's fair to put her on that high a pedestal. But that's just me.

Back on the subject of Kose though, Demure_Dusk is right. Ayu is just good with makeup. Regardless of what she looked like pre-stardom, there's no doubt she has a good eye for what looks nice and is capable of pulling off different styles. Yeah, she has a team of stylists, but she herself seems very capable of doing her own makeup and still looking great. That's what I think makes her such a strong Kose spokesperson; her ability to not only wear the makeup, but to do it herself/know what looks good.
^ Most as in ALMOST ALL.

eyelid splitting? u mean double eyelid surgery. ayu already has double eyelids and she uses eyelid glue (it's a common cosmetic product) to give the lids a bit of lift (which results in many of those little fine creases). even I use it. but yeah she is ideal, make up only enhances her. make up is the ****. i don't believe in natural beauty - only old people stress that. i see so many white people in magazines and they NEED to use that eyelid glue too. i hate seeing droopy lids. Think britney spears and paris hilton. those two *****es don't have lids. and eww i really don't think Ayu is like a plastic barbie doll who's done like lots of surgery. i like how her nose a bit big and she has a little eye bag now and then. a little imperfect that she's perfect!

o ya abt that eyelid surgery being common: it's super common in korea (there were some krn chicks in my highschool that went away for summer break and came back with double lids, so lame) but like only really squinty people do it in japan and china... like real squinty people

Last edited by miniayumi; 17th August 2007 at 07:43 PM. Reason: edited due to my roodness!
Old 17th August 2007, 07:34 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniayumi View Post
^ Most as in ALMOST ALL.

eyelid splitting? u mean double eyelid surgery. ayu already has double eyelids and she uses eyelid glue (it's a common cosmetic product) to give the lids a bit of lift (which results in many of those little fine creases). even I use it. but yeah she is ideal, make up only enhances her. make up is the ****. i don't believe in natural beauty - only old people stress that. i see so many white people in magazines and they NEED to use that eyelid glue too. i hate seeing droopy lids. Think britney spears and paris hilton. those two *****es don't have lids. and eww i really don't think Ayu is like a plastic barbie doll who's done like lots of surgery. i like how her nose a bit big and she has a little eye bag now and then. a little imperfect that she's perfect!
Well, I didn't say LOTS of surgery; just one really, and a small one at that. Yeah, I noticed she already had double lids but they were more collapsed; she most likely underwent a small procedure to make them more pronounced, on top of using tape every now and then. Well, now that you elaborate, I see where you're coming from.

Old 17th August 2007, 07:38 PM
Banned

^ haha omg i am always so rude (sorry if i'm like talking in incoherent bad grammar)

but i REALLy rilly rilly doubt a surgeon would perform a SECOND crease over the top of her original crease. c'mon, that's ridonkulus. i've done some research and i've found eyelid lifting, which results in a higher crease, and also a removal of the second crease (some people have many fold, kinda like ayu). but yeh i haven't heard of a surgery to create many many folds like ayu has. but i am able to get similar folds with eyelid glue. but yea i SOUND soooo rude!!!

oh oh btw tape sux... so ugly and obvious. glue is the way!!! there are some more expensive ones that are practically invisibile and hav no residue.

Last edited by miniayumi; 17th August 2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 17th August 2007, 07:51 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ Well, not exactly. Instead of having another crease on top of her second one, he fixes the existing second crease and raises it up a bit so it's not likely to collapse under the first, natural crease of the eye. I've seen it done actually, but yes, Ayu's many folds are a result of the glue/tape. Before she started using glue and her second eyelid was smooth (aka multi-creaseless), that's what I believe she had done. The world may never know, and we could probably keep debating this til the cows come home XD;

Old 17th August 2007, 07:54 PM
Banned

^ i agree. we may NEVER know!
Old 17th August 2007, 08:04 PM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
She's been the 'it' girl for long enough now for people to give her some credit when she get's a lucrative sponsorship.

Ayu wouldn't have got the sponsorship if she hadn't been a successful a singer at the time either.
Success is important but I think that avex has just been pushing Kumi to follow Ayu's footsteps in being a successful J-Pop artist and the formula just doesn't work that well in certain cases.

In Kose I think she really don't fit so well because her facial features are not her strongest point.

I think credit is given to Kumi in several cases, where it is due. For example, I like her Venus endorsement, because she has long and sexy legs which are exactly what the product is promoting. She fits the Venus image perfectly and I'm pretty sure a load of girls would love having those legs.

Same goes to the Diet Cola thing where her sexy slim body reflected how drinking the beverage will help you being slim and sexy. They fit her because a lot of girls like Koda's body.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 17th August 2007, 08:10 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demure_Dusk View Post
Success is important but I think that avex has just been pushing Kumi to follow Ayu's footsteps in being a successful J-Pop artist and the formula just doesn't work that well in certain cases.

In Kose I think she really don't fit so well because her facial features are not her strongest point.

I think credit is given to Kumi in several cases, where it is due. For example, I like her Venus endorsement, because she has long and sexy legs which are exactly what the product is promoting. She fits the Venus image perfectly and I'm pretty sure a load of girls would love having those legs.

Same goes to the Diet Cola thing where her sexy slim body reflected how drinking the beverage will help you being slim and sexy. They fit her because a lot of girls like Koda's body.
Yep yep!
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)