Online Shopping Help **READ FIRST** - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th March 2009, 10:30 AM
Voyage Initiate

^ HMV works veeeery slow
two days after release and status have no changes. Two days i've "Ready" in my order

Making of...thread ★★★DearestAyu blog

Old 27th March 2009, 11:09 AM
ayu trance Initiate

^^ well ask them! For me it happened because my bank dec;lined authorization because of limit. I'm now solving the problem. Though they sent A Complete to me at it's release date and CDL07-08.
They asked authorization for money on 23rd, but bank declined and they're just slow to ask reenter card information^^
Old 1st April 2009, 06:12 AM
Voyage Initiate

^ I did it and they tell me "We will ship your order in short time. Thank you for patience"
It was 4 days ago
1 week after release and they can't to ship new album *sarcastic

Making of...thread ★★★DearestAyu blog

Old 1st April 2009, 06:32 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

I ordered Utada's This is the One and Kuu's Trick CD+2DVD from HMV HK on Thursday last week. As TITO came out the next day in HK, it was shipped Friday and arrived Tuesday afternoon.

The shipping is really fast IMO. My only issue is that Trick's case got a crack in it. It was pretty well packaged but the edge where it was wrapped in cardboard has a crack running up it. So sad

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 1st April 2009, 11:54 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
I ordered Utada's This is the One and Kuu's Trick CD+2DVD from HMV HK on Thursday last week. As TITO came out the next day in HK, it was shipped Friday and arrived Tuesday afternoon.

The shipping is really fast IMO. My only issue is that Trick's case got a crack in it. It was pretty well packaged but the edge where it was wrapped in cardboard has a crack running up it. So sad
oh no I'm sorry to hear that your copy of TRICK got a crack . Have you emailed them on whether can they replace the casings or something ?

other than that , yes HMV HK's great . Told you that they're good , fast & efficient

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 1st April 2009, 01:03 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

I think I will do that. (I was going to email CDJ when my Best Fiction poster was crumpled but I kept forgetting to ) But now I have a debit VISA I'm going to get more cheap OS presses of stuff

I'm really thrilled with the speed of delivery. The damage may have happened once it reached Australia lol

MY

Old 1st April 2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
I think I will do that. (I was going to email CDJ when my Best Fiction poster was crumpled but I kept forgetting to ) But now I have a debit VISA I'm going to get more cheap OS presses of stuff

I'm really thrilled with the speed of delivery. The damage may have happened once it reached Australia lol

I have used HMV HK many times & yes they're awesome as compared to YesAsia

If I were to order something from HMV HK , it takes about 4-5 working days which's fast & outta the many times that I ordered items from there , only 1 item arrived which had a crack case which was KinKi Kids's Secret Code

I replaced it with another CD casing so it's fine but yeah next time if you want to order OS presses , use HMV HK

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 4th April 2009, 01:39 AM
teens Initiate

Ok, I have a question about online shopping:

Are there other online stores besides YesAsia that sells OS versions (Taiwan press / HK press, etc.) of J-pop CD's?

I've always wondered. And if so, what are the names, and also, provide me with links to their sites, thanks.
Old 4th April 2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookies View Post
Ok, I have a question about online shopping:

Are there other online stores besides YesAsia that sells OS versions (Taiwan press / HK press, etc.) of J-pop CD's?

I've always wondered. And if so, what are the names, and also, provide me with links to their sites, thanks.
That will be HMV HK Tracy - www.hmv.com.hk

I used them quite a lot of times & they're awesome , it beats YesAsia on every single aspect . I get my items within 4-5 days

the downside's that they only accept credit card as payment & they wouldn't really say if they're selling OS/Japan press but you can guess based on the prices & also the catalogue no.s too

I used to use HMV HK a LOT , I still do but not as often as before because now I have direct contacts with someone who's living in Taiwan & I always buy OS presses from him nowadays if I can't find what I'm looking for in S'pore

I heard that Play Asia also sells OS presses too but I'm not sure on that because I don't use their services

Old 4th April 2009, 11:48 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

If rookies has a VISA Debit card they'll accept that too

VISA Debit works just like a credit card in that you can use it for online purchases but it draws on funds already in the balance, so you're more in control of what you spend.

Also, depending on where you live, you can use Avex Taiwan, which sells the TW presses of its releases. The downside is that you have to be in Taiwan to order.

Play-Asia also sells music including J-Pop. They don't stock MANY OS versions, but you will find some on there. Most of the bigger artists always have OS presses there too

MY

Old 4th April 2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:

VISA Debit works just like a credit card in that you can use it for online purchases but it draws on funds already in the balance, so you're more in control of what you spend.
Mine's a Master Card even though by right it's a debit card . It works like a credit card online which's how I manage to buy things online for over a year now & counting

Old 4th April 2009, 01:26 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Aah, I didn't know MasterCard had a debit version too I'm sure more and more people will be taking up debit cards in the near future, it's really easy to set up and mine didn't need a credit reference or anything because I'm spending my own money.

Here in Aus you can get a debit card at 16, making it a lot easier than using your parents credit cards

MY

Old 4th April 2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Aah, I didn't know MasterCard had a debit version too I'm sure more and more people will be taking up debit cards in the near future, it's really easy to set up and mine didn't need a credit reference or anything because I'm spending my own money.

Here in Aus you can get a debit card at 16, making it a lot easier than using your parents credit cards
in here there's a debit version of MasterCard , I'm using this one & it's great that it acts like a credit card online - http://www.dbs.com/posb/cards/master...s/default.aspx

& yes I agree with you , with a debit card you can check & keep tab on how much you spend unlike a credit card & you have to be 17 & above to apply for the MasterCard Debit

if I'm given a credit card , man that will be terrible , I will never know how much I spend at all

Old 5th April 2009, 03:00 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

I hear that! I really need to have more self control, I'm bad enough as it is without getting credit! xD I'll probably be like one of those girls you see on TV buying $3k handbags because she has credit and doesn't realise you have to pay it back later! x_X

MY

Old 5th April 2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I hear that! I really need to have more self control, I'm bad enough as it is without getting credit! xD I'll probably be like one of those girls you see on TV buying $3k handbags because she has credit and doesn't realise you have to pay it back later! x_X
I know I know

at least with a debit card , we can keep our spending occasions on check mode .

With a credit card , there's no telling at all @_@ especially if you do a LOT of window shopping online like me

Old 6th April 2009, 02:07 AM
teens Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
That will be HMV HK Tracy - www.hmv.com.hk

I used them quite a lot of times & they're awesome , it beats YesAsia on every single aspect . I get my items within 4-5 days

the downside's that they only accept credit card as payment & they wouldn't really say if they're selling OS/Japan press but you can guess based on the prices & also the catalogue no.s too

I used to use HMV HK a LOT , I still do but not as often as before because now I have direct contacts with someone who's living in Taiwan & I always buy OS presses from him nowadays if I can't find what I'm looking for in S'pore

I heard that Play Asia also sells OS presses too but I'm not sure on that because I don't use their services
Thanks Karen for the link and for the info you provided, I will check HMV HK out!

Quote:

Also, depending on where you live, you can use Avex Taiwan, which sells the TW presses of its releases. The downside is that you have to be in Taiwan to order.

Play-Asia also sells music including J-Pop. They don't stock MANY OS versions, but you will find some on there. Most of the bigger artists always have OS presses there too
I don't really know what a debit card is, how does it work? Although I've heard of it. Maybe you can explain what is the difference between credit card, and debit card?

I don't live in Taiwan, so I can't use that site, but I appreciate the info you provided.
Old 6th April 2009, 09:03 AM
SURREAL Initiate

CDJapan has reduced their shipping prices. With the examples given it seems to only make a different if you are ordering a lot of CD's.....
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/offers/CDJa...g_charges.html

Still using HMV JP and YA

Last edited by Mr. Goto; 6th April 2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 6th April 2009, 09:51 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
I don't really know what a debit card is, how does it work? Although I've heard of it. Maybe you can explain what is the difference between credit card, and debit card?

I don't live in Taiwan, so I can't use that site, but I appreciate the info you provided.
Basically, a Debit Card is useable the same as a Credit Card. It looks the same and is usually funded through Debit companies like VISA (and MasterCard).

You start with a balance of $0 and you have to add funds to spend, unlike a Credit Card, which gives you money to spend, paid back with interest (about 10%).

With a Debit Card you can easily control your spending, because the only funds you spend from it are funds you have added to the balance!

Here's some links to some Debit cards I don't know where you're from so I've tried to go as global as possible

http://www.visa-asia.com/ap/au/index.shtml - VISA Asia site
http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/debit/ - VISA Debit cards USA
http://www.maestrocard.com/uk/ - Europe-based MaestroCard (subsuiary of Mastercard)
http://www.mastercard.com/index.html - MasterCard Worldwide. Select your region for Debit offers
http://www.americanexpress.com/gift/...slanding.shtml - American Express "Gift Card" seems to be similar, but nobody accepts them anyway

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debit_card - And some more information from Wikipedia ^_^

Thanks for the info about CDJ's reduced shipping charges. I doubt it will affect me too much as I usually order 2-3 CDs at a time =\

MY

Old 7th April 2009, 09:29 AM
teens Initiate

^ Thanks kendelle for the info. I'll keep the info you posted, incase I need it in the future. For now, I don't think I will be using debit card, since I just asked my Dad about it, and it is a bit expensive to use. I do appreciate your reply a lot, thanks once again.

-------------

Karen: I just signed up on HMV HK for an account, and ordered alan's voice of earth cd+dvd on HMV HK. It's the OS / HK Version. I am unsure how much stock they have of this album, but since it says it will take 5 - 10 days for shipping, they have low stock then?

I wanted to order it originally from YesAsia, but I think they ran out of the OS version already, and is difficult for them to get.

So my order on alan's cd on HMV HK says "open" as the status. What will it say next? And then after that? (as time progresses). I'm just curious, as I want to know what the different words/terms mean.

And wow, HMV HK has Mika Nakashima's NO MORE RULES OS Version (CD+DVD) at a very good price! I might buy that too, later on. ^^
Old 7th April 2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:

Karen: I just signed up on HMV HK for an account, and ordered alan's voice of earth cd+dvd on HMV HK. It's the OS / HK Version. I am unsure how much stock they have of this album, but since it says it will take 5 - 10 days for shipping, they have low stock then?

I wanted to order it originally from YesAsia, but I think they ran out of the OS version already, and is difficult for them to get.
according to http://www.hmv.com.hk/help/availability.asp , since VoE's currently in the '5-10 days' mode , chances are that they might not have stock on their hand

I know because the last time I tried to order the OS press of ARASHI's truth / Kaze no Mukou e , after the 5-10 days's period , HMV HK emailed me back to say that they don't have anymore stock so that might happen for you too

Quote:
So my order on alan's cd on HMV HK says "open" as the status. What will it say next? And then after that? (as time progresses). I'm just curious, as I want to know what the different words/terms mean.
assuming if there's stock on alan's , the status will be changed to closed as soon as it's being shipped out & HMV HK will email you a notification on this

if you have a PayPal a/c , it's better to buy VoE from ebay or though my Taiwanese friend though me since I got a copy myself from him the very day when the album was released in Taiwan

Closed Thread

Tags
bootleg, cdjapan, hmv japan, online shopping, ordering, play-asia, yesasia