a-nation stadium festival Charge and Go! information thread #2 - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 12th October 2013, 07:52 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

What a great a-nation, she sounded the best she has in a long time!
I couldn't believe how good she sounded in INSPIRE and HANABI. wow. Nice one ayu !
Old 12th October 2013, 09:39 PM
UNITE! Initiate

It was miles better than last year, that much is true. But I also don't think these vocals weren't tampered with, they were just to good. Doesn't go for Ayu only, all the other artists sounded very good, too. Anyway, please Ayu cut your dancing staff in half. Once again you have to search for her on stage. No wonder the best performance was Hanabi, because it was pure Ayu with some classic Yo-chan.
Old 13th October 2013, 05:24 AM
Who... Initiate

Really good a-nation this year! INSPIRE/Moments/HANABI all sounded great. and I loved how they changed up the Moments dance with that whole part where they gathered behind Ayu to give her wings - that was so beautiful. You & Me is still a really fun song to see performed live, it has so much energy and dancing.

Anyone else been loving the little English translations we've been getting recently from the back-up singers? Like evolution/HANABI ~Ep II~ from last year's a-nation, and this year with HANABI. It's a nice little touch for her English-speaking fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I don't really like how polished it sounds. Like, it's a concert. But you can't hear the audience or anything. Also, it just sounds like they took -everything- apart and put it all together again to make it sound so perfect. And that actually distracts me. It's like I'm hearing a recording placed on top of a live performance.

This might be a really weird critique lol. It just sounds too... fussed with. Maybe that's just me though.
I got the same feeling! It was indeed a little strange. Especially because you can see the audience and how pumped they are, especially during B&G, but you can't hear them at all, lol.
Old 13th October 2013, 06:23 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I felt like it was a little too tampered with as well when I was watching it. It was like "Where's the audience?"... even though they were obviously pretty enthused. Whoever did the mixing probably needs to get replaced, haha.
Old 13th October 2013, 11:37 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Yes, when I watched AAA perform I also didn't hear much of the audience. I think the whole a-nation was edited. Which is sad. Listening to the fans reacting makes a live experience. Otherwise one can just go and listen to a recording.

Last edited by Mai82Go; 13th October 2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 13th October 2013, 03:13 PM
Connected Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai82Go View Post
Yes, when I watched AAA perform I also didn't hear much of the audience. I think the whole a-nation was edited. Which is sad. Listening to the fans reacting makes a live experience. Otherwise one can just go and listen to a recording.
Could it be that the recording was direct from the mic output and not from the speaker?
For me, when watching from home (dvd, blu-ray or computer) audio is the priority. I don't mind edited audio as there's no way to perfect the live performance experience when watching at home. Being at the performance LIVE is still the best. Though maybe a bit of sound from the audience interaction would be good ^^

Old 13th October 2013, 05:26 PM
SEASONS Initiate

I don't understand why some of you are surprised/are doubting that the whole thing sounds edited. It has ALWAYS been the case with ayu's lives on DVD, CD or with non-live broadcasts. That's-a-fact. And that's also why she sounds so awesome and sings like perfectly. You can't really judge her performance. The only thing I'm positive is that her voice sounds less husky and clearer.

Last edited by hidekirby; 13th October 2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 13th October 2013, 06:26 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think the issue is that it sounds extremely edited as opposed to having been slightly tinkered with. It's like they took the direct mic feed for all the acts, amplified that, and toned down the audience whenever possible. It doesn't really feel like a-nation without the screaming fans, haha.

Quote:
And that's also why she sounds so awesome and sings like perfectly.
She's had DVDs/live CDs where she sounded kind of iffy though imo.

Last edited by truehappiness; 13th October 2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 13th October 2013, 08:02 PM
Who... Initiate

^ And live TV versions where she's sounded stellar! So yeah, it's not really consistent.

Iirc, a-nations don't usually take this long to be broadcast, right? The fact that they took a little over a month to broadcast this one might have encouraged them to edit the crap out of it. There's no dispute that avex edits a lot of their stuff, but it usually doesn't sound quite as unnatural as this year's a-nation.
Old 13th October 2013, 09:03 PM
End of the World Initiate

When we hear the Audience in the Live DVDs, the Audience is being fed through special microphones placed throughout the venue to capture the sound of the audience, usually dubbed "Audience Mics". Normally, the microphones given to the singers and to the drums are specially designed to only pick up the singers voice or the sound of the drums. Anything outside of the range of pick-up for these microphones cannot be heard. The guitar, bass, and keyboards are almost always plugged in directly through the sound board, so no outside noise - audience, vocals, or otherwise - will be captured. It looks like they chose either not to use them, or not to mix in the audience noise from the microphones in the stadium.

We are hearing exactly what Ayu hears on stage - no audience at all. The only time a singer is able to hear the audience is when they take out their ear monitors.

Last edited by maikaru; 13th October 2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 13th October 2013, 10:18 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko★munication View Post
^ And live TV versions where she's sounded stellar! So yeah, it's not really consistent.

Iirc, a-nations don't usually take this long to be broadcast, right? The fact that they took a little over a month to broadcast this one might have encouraged them to edit the crap out of it. There's no dispute that avex edits a lot of their stuff, but it usually doesn't sound quite as unnatural as this year's a-nation.
a-nation is usually broadcasted around the 26th September so it wasn't that long really...

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 14th October 2013, 02:27 AM
winding road H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I think the issue is that it sounds extremely edited as opposed to having been slightly tinkered with. It's like they took the direct mic feed for all the acts, amplified that, and toned down the audience whenever possible. It doesn't really feel like a-nation without the screaming fans, haha.
Totally agree.

I missed the audience screams, it was so weird... I don't like watching lives without the audience screams >.<
And her vocals sound just splendid, and not only hers, all artists sounded way too perfect in this TV version...

The weird thing, though, is that watching the performances from August 31st you can clearly hear the audience. For some reason, they edited those two dates differently (for the audience part, the vocals were also perfect in the 31st performances)...

Old 14th October 2013, 09:57 AM
Dolls Initiate

HANABI was just amazing, almost the same as in a-nation'05. The intro of Moments was very peaceful and her vocals were good. I also liked INSPIRE and Rule and the rest was okay.I don't even care if her vocals were edited..at least she always sings live with the same magical emotion.
Old 14th October 2013, 05:06 PM
Connected Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenta View Post
The weird thing, though, is that watching the performances from August 31st you can clearly hear the audience. For some reason, they edited those two dates differently (for the audience part, the vocals were also perfect in the 31st performances)...
Maybe the difference is because of the different broadcasting channel?
31st was from FujiTV NEXT and the 1st Sept was from WOWOW LIVE.
That's the only difference. If not I really don't understand why avex would do such different thing for the concerts. Or maybe they're experimenting which versions the audience liked more.

Old 14th October 2013, 07:55 PM
winding road H-Initiate

^ True, that's probably the reason (if not, then it makes no sense), though the vocals were equally edited for both.
haha, if they were testing, then I like the one I can hear the audience much more

Old 15th October 2013, 01:33 AM
rainy day Initiate

I always felt the one of the most prominent cases of over-editing vocals is Tour of Secret. I can't even watch it as it sounds too "smoothed over" if you know what I'm saying. I know her voice wasn't as rough then but the entire editing and production aspect of the finalized product really feels like it's almost CG. I just don't feel it's authentic.
Old 15th October 2013, 02:37 AM
æternal Initiate

It really feels like something big is missing when you can't hear the audience screaming as well when it comes to concerts like a-nation or her tours. I always have goosebumps whenever she goes to the center stage and the audience gets so loud! i hope the dvd will include the sound from the audience too.

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 15th October 2013, 05:55 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

You guys think this performance of HANABI is better than a-nation '05? idk...gotta listen to 2013 again...

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 16th October 2013, 01:00 AM
Depend on you Initiate

This performance is the first since 2006 that I watch over and over again and in the whole, the first time I watched it I smiled and enjoyed in every song, she's so full of energy, she's singing cool again, she can run and sing, the audience looks happy, she looks happy, I totally adore You & Me performance also Moments and Rule; it's not her best at singing but she stopped the long vibrato, and sounds quite better I think (And I love the vibrato) The best a-nation in years for me (Correct me if I'm wrong, Hide is again in the troup right?, wellm now as a she, I loved her dancing (Sorry couldn't catch her new female name)

IG @chokko_reto

YT https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTr...9Z1MF-nPBeWb7A

Last edited by [_jo_]; 16th October 2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 16th October 2013, 03:07 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Yes, Hide is back as Lico.

Last edited by truehappiness; 16th October 2013 at 06:45 AM.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a-nation