[Official Message] ~A BEST LIVE~ DVD/BD on 2013.10.30 + Live CD on 2013.9.18 #2 - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 19th October 2013, 08:08 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
I kinda agree with this..I feel like all her tours (other than PoM) have followed the same template and formula since 2005..it's time for Ayu to throw everything into the trash and start again like she did then.

i think next year (after the anniversary) is the perfect time for her to left some old songs and formulas behind. People grow, move on and then they have different perception of life and art. She have to stop talking all over again about "We've arrived on this kind of world (evolution)" or "They always said I was a strong child (a song for xx)" and start finding new slogans as a more adult person.

Last edited by perfectodub; 19th October 2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 19th October 2013, 09:35 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

wait...Sakura isn't there? i saw her perform it in Yokohama, but did she not perform it later or something? :'(

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 19th October 2013, 09:49 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsixthirty View Post
wait...Sakura isn't there? i saw her perform it in Yokohama, but did she not perform it later or something? :'(
The song was composed to her long time friend and driver who was sick and he died, so, she axed it from the tour.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 19th October 2013, 10:04 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
The song was composed to her long time friend and driver who was sick and he died, so, she axed it from the tour.
oh...i didn't know that. i remember her driver died, but i didn't know Sakura was for him. do you remember where she said that?

anyway, its a shame. that performance was one of my favorites from the concert.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 19th October 2013, 10:25 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectodub View Post

i think next year (after the anniversary) is the perfect time for her to left some old songs and formulas behind. People grow, move on and then they have different perception of life and art. She have to stop talking all over again about "We've arrived on this kind of world (evolution)" or "They always said I was a strong child (a song for xx)" and start finding new slogans as a more adult person.
That's a perception of an occidental person.
People in Japan like A LOT older songs of Ayu, and I think that she doesn't want to lose the most part of her audience. The formula she uses is repetitive, but it works, and her Japanese audience is quite satisfied with that.

Old 19th October 2013, 11:14 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
That's a perception of an occidental person.
People in Japan like A LOT older songs of Ayu, and I think that she doesn't want to lose the most part of her audience. The formula she uses is repetitive, but it works, and her Japanese audience is quite satisfied with that.

Weird, so i think Namie's formula is more western than ayu.
Old 19th October 2013, 11:26 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectodub View Post
Weird, so i think Namie's formula is more western than ayu.
I just think that Namie didn't get her audience to a "routine".
She has a different way of working than Ayu :
Namie constantly changes her creative team, she tries new things, surprises her audience, whereas Ayu stays on what has been working for almost 10 years and only makes minor changes at a time.

Old 19th October 2013, 11:33 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think it's because Ayu has such a big hand in anything regarding her brand/image and typically is in charge of everything that we don't see as much change. It's a lot easier with an act like Namie imo to switch things up. The same goes for Perfume and some other acts. Unless however I'm wrong and Namie is somehow just as behind everything she does as Ayu is.
Old 20th October 2013, 12:15 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
oh...i didn't know that. i remember her driver died, but i didn't know Sakura was for him. do you remember where she said that?

Iirc, the song wasn't for him, but he listened to it on his deathbed and wrote about it and I think Ayu started to associate that with him. She never actually gave a reason for cutting SAKURA, but this seems to be the generally accepted conclusion.

Quote:
I kinda agree with this..I feel like all her tours (other than PoM) have followed the same template and formula since 2005..it's time for Ayu to throw everything into the trash and start again like she did then.
I sorta agree, though the past two years - with HLs and more obviously PoM - diverged significantly enough, and her going going back to the usual fare for this tour doesn't perturb me that much, this being a "Best" tour. Part of me kind of likes the formulaic way Ayu's concerts work - I love comparing all her different "cute" sections and all her different "ballad" sections and it makes even the smaller changes more exciting, as well as all the callbacks. Idk, formulaic or not, Ayu's tours have never been boring.
Old 20th October 2013, 01:02 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Next year should be interesting. I wonder if she'll mix LOVE again and the next album (if it's coming).
Old 20th October 2013, 01:28 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:

They (Ayu and the driver) discussed it on twitter... And he thanked her for that music...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
I just think that Namie didn't get her audience to a "routine".
She has a different way of working than Ayu :
Namie constantly changes her creative team, she tries new things, surprises her audience, whereas Ayu stays on what has been working for almost 10 years and only makes minor changes at a time.
Sorry, but I have to disagree... IMO Namie's concert look all the same (and yes, I have watched them).

It's always a stage with a stair (so she can perform a stair choreography), there's almost always a pole (for pole choreography), the outifits are almost always variation of knee high boots + mini-skirts or baggy pants + sneakers and even the setlist is not THAT surprising. I like some of her tours (Past<Future, Best Fiction, Live Style 2, Live Style 1 sux), but I know I will always see the same thing... Namie singing/dancing with the same style of choreography wearing a variation of something she always wear.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 20th October 2013, 06:26 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
They (Ayu and the driver) discussed it on twitter... And he thanked her for that music...

Sorry, but I have to disagree... IMO Namie's concert look all the same (and yes, I have watched them).

It's always a stage with a stair (so she can perform a stair choreography), there's almost always a pole (for pole choreography), the outifits are almost always variation of knee high boots + mini-skirts or baggy pants + sneakers and even the setlist is not THAT surprising. I like some of her tours (Past<Future, Best Fiction, Live Style 2, Live Style 1 sux), but I know I will always see the same thing... Namie singing/dancing with the same style of choreography wearing a variation of something she always wear.
Interesting, I've seen just a few of her concerts, i know that she always is trying new songs but her concert visually and choreography are very the same thing.

well, i know this is a special year for ayu because the anniversary thing.
and this kind of years are always about "GREATEST HITS" everywhere.

maybe the CDL of the end of the year it gonna show us some clues about what new things and ideas are coming for the 2014
for me the best of the year was LOVE again album...and the worst...i think this greatest hit cheap tour

Last edited by perfectodub; 20th October 2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 20th October 2013, 03:15 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:

I feel the same I couldnt even bring myself to see the last two concerts because even the stage is always forgettable. She always has the same hair styles, similar costumes which look good on her, but you forget them the moment the concert ends...

At least from time to time Ayu adds something that makes me WOW not to mention that Namie is far too robot like sometimes when she is on stage...

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 20th October 2013, 06:52 PM
Initiate

hopefully she eventually will axe shuya out of her ballad performances...
Old 20th October 2013, 07:47 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLJames View Post
hopefully she eventually will axe shuya out of her ballad performances...
I love Shu-ya a lot but yeah sometimes, just sometimes, her alone performing ballads might be better.

Set by YuriChan

Old 21st October 2013, 01:57 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-michan View Post
I love Shu-ya a lot but yeah sometimes, just sometimes, her alone performing ballads might be better.
this. just like HANABI perf. from this year's a-nation <3
Old 21st October 2013, 01:58 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I do miss when she would perform ballads without a flailing dancer. Like her a-nation HANABIs and such.
Old 21st October 2013, 07:14 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-michan View Post
i like him, eg identity @ next level tour, just, he always turn annoying for me when ayu performing ballad
Old 21st October 2013, 10:43 AM
Initiate

from 2yan twitter:
Old 21st October 2013, 12:17 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Agree so much on this
So far Ayu and Namie had used a kind of same live formula over and over again. Kuu also had done this but she usually twist it a little here and there. Maybe it's because the fact that they tour every year / do live twice a year, the production cost of making new things is more expensive.

I do hope Ayu can give each tour a distinguishable persona with different formula but with the current situation, I'm afraid it's still far from being realized. Still hoping she'll do something new this CDL or next year

And my...I prefer the denim hoodie with tie dye colors rather than that tank top and shorts
I'm tired of the whole over dramatic acting btw, with her gasping and everything, I mean she doesn't have to do it that often :|

Last edited by terra; 21st October 2013 at 12:23 PM.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, a best live