a-nation '08 setlists + other info - Page 18 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 2nd September 2008, 09:23 PM
End roll Initiate

Thanks for all the vids and pics.
But seeing all those new pics, I really think Ayu should start working out more... she used to have a great waist. It would probably help her live performances too. She wouldn't get so out of breath when she is running around, as she seems to be a bit.

Want free giftcards? Check this out.

set by ownsarai

Old 2nd September 2008, 09:26 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megshere View Post
Thanks for all the vids and pics.
But seeing all those new pics, I really think Ayu should start working out more... she used to have a great waist. It would probably help her live performances too. She wouldn't get so out of breath when she is running around, as she seems to be a bit.
I agree. I mean she's not fat or anything like that, but she was more toned before and that definitely helps you to have a more powerful live voice. I don't think it's coincidence that the time her body was in its best shape (03-05) was also when her voice was it's most powerful.
Old 2nd September 2008, 10:23 PM
SAKURA Initiate

is it really THAT bad if ayu lipsyched, though? it dosen't maker her any less of an artist. it's not like she's committing a crime or anything. i just don't see how it's that big of a deal.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 2nd September 2008, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I agree. I mean she's not fat or anything like that, but she was more toned before and that definitely helps you to have a more powerful live voice. I don't think it's coincidence that the time her body was in its best shape (03-05) was also when her voice was it's most powerful.
Well that's nonsense. Many fat/puffy singers have AMAZING voices. E.g. opera singers, but a lot of pop and such too.

Though I do think that if she lost more weight she wouldnt need to lip synch as often to get back her breath. =)

Actually, I wouldn't be capable of singing a lot in a row too. It gives me a sour throat. Maybe she has the same problem? Dunno. Though srsly in 2001 her vocals were terrible, much worse than now.

Quote:
is it really THAT bad if ayu lipsyched, though? it dosen't maker her any less of an artist. it's not like she's committing a crime or anything. i just don't see how it's that big of a deal.
100% agree with that!!
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:30 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Also, I haven't watched it in a long time but I don't remember there being breath sounds or anything, but if there were, it's easily explainable because people do indeed make sure to keep those in when they record versions of songs to lip sync to now.

----

btw, I'm sure Ayu has never lip synced on any of her tv performances such as music station, cdtv, etc etc. (too risky maybe?)
I mean, even if you watch the dvd version, you can hear the microphone sounds there too... the hard k sounds, like the rest of the performance of Countdown, I think it's realllllly so similar. But, yeah they could have done that too... whatever~ ahaha.

Anyways, I really liked that performance, regardless of lipsync or not ahaha~

And yeah, I don't think it's ALLOWED on them. Like, of course they can use a backing track for songs, like the chorus, but unless the artist states that they will be lipsyncing because of a dance, like KAT-TUN did for lips, the shows really want to keep their integrity.

I mean, how many times have we heard her so awful? LOL
So it's useless for her only to do it sometimes, and not others~

But anyways~ I feel like Greatful Days had a good performance, without lipsync, even though I hate that song. -_-;

Anyways, let's see what the rest of asia tour has to offer~~ ahaha.
I can't wait~ so much energy. I wanna go badly~~ T T uuu
I was reading the news about her performance~ "biggest energy."
It makes me happy~~~
Old 3rd September 2008, 01:43 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
So, whats the explanation then? It was shown live and there didn't appear to be any kind of glitch going on. Also, I haven't watched it in a long time but I don't remember there being breath sounds or anything, but if there were, it's easily explainable because people do indeed make sure to keep those in when they record versions of songs to lip sync to now. One of my friends is a professional singer/performer - he's Japanese actually so we often watch all kinds of jpop music shows together and it's honestly so annoying because he always points out who is lip synching and who is not and I'm just like shut up and let me watch already. haha Anyways, even people who I think sound totally live he'll say are most likely lip synching and that lip synching has become extremely sophisticated over the last few years.

btw, I'm sure Ayu has never lip synced on any of her tv performances such as music station, cdtv, etc etc. (too risky maybe?)
Well, in all fairness, breath sounds seem to be nonexistent in many Ayu lives nowadays tbh...
Old 3rd September 2008, 02:04 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Well, in all fairness, breath sounds seem to be nonexistent in many Ayu lives nowadays tbh...
Yeah, on the dvds, it's always like that - I'm sure because of avex editing. imo they definitely over editing AT07. If you are just watching the DVD and had no previous knowledge of Ayu, I'm sure it would seem like she is lip synching at least half the concert.
Old 3rd September 2008, 02:41 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Wow, I love all of the videos posted! And I think Ayu's voice sounds really good, and Greatful Days sounds awesome too! I love the way she sounds live Plus she looks great, and seems to have a lot of energy in her performances

(I really love the fact that these days it seems like people expect her to sound bad live, and the second she sounds 'good' they instantly claim she lip-syncs. But what ever, everyone has their own opinion..)
Old 3rd September 2008, 03:31 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taru86 View Post
(I really love the fact that these days it seems like people expect her to sound bad live, and the second she sounds 'good' they instantly claim she lip-syncs. But what ever, everyone has their own opinion..)
It's not just because she sounds "good"; imo she used to always sound pretty good live. It's other factors which have been discussed in depth already that lead people to believe it is lip synched, including someone who was there saying that it was.
Old 3rd September 2008, 03:33 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I wouldn't mind if she lip synced once in a while. I mean she's had no function in her left ear for a while now, maybe that's why it's "seemingly" more frequent.
Old 3rd September 2008, 04:00 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Yeah, on the dvds, it's always like that - I'm sure because of avex editing. imo they definitely over editing AT07. If you are just watching the DVD and had no previous knowledge of Ayu, I'm sure it would seem like she is lip synching at least half the concert.
Well, not simply the DVDs,, but like TV versions too.
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:00 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Larger Pics

Old 3rd September 2008, 12:19 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Thanks for the pics!!! Ayu had some really great outfits!!!

Last.fm

Old 3rd September 2008, 12:29 PM
I am... Initiate

i love the orange outfit!i think its one of her best stage outfit in ages!

and the red dress...i think its sort of diff from the one in mirrorcle world...because i think theres a opening in between where they can tear it apart and reveal the rocking outfit inside(the silver one)
Old 3rd September 2008, 01:22 PM
BRILLANTE Initiate

I love her red dress..
she wears it everywhere when she sing MW.
Old 3rd September 2008, 01:41 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

did she wear a wig in MW? the hair style is different in grateful days...

and i'm really afraid the red dress will be torned by ayu's big gesture...

||Youtube||Twitter||

set made by apple-pi

Old 3rd September 2008, 02:58 PM
Don't look back Initiate

^i think, she just bunned it up...and when the rain came, she just flicked her fringe up...

yea, the red dress looks different..and its cool they even made a new one for the tearing..haha

and she looks great...i really really LOVE the orange dress...its veyr fairyland and summery
Old 3rd September 2008, 03:58 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

All this time I swore the rain was part of the performance xD

Hmm, waterproof equipment... lol, but it adds the perfect effect to her performance
Old 3rd September 2008, 08:20 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I wouldn't mind if she lip synced once in a while. I mean she's had no function in her left ear for a while now, maybe that's why it's "seemingly" more frequent.
Yeah, I mean to me it is slightly disappointing, but as long as she does it only once in a while I'm ok with it. I just wanted to point out to people that yes, even Ayu does lip synch occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Well, not simply the DVDs,, but like TV versions too.
hmm? I always have no problem hearing breath sounds and other little things that you should hear when someone is actually singing into the mic on her tv performances. It's also worth noting that she usually pulls the mic away from her mouth immediately between lines, so you aren't always going to hear something. However, if she is wearing a headset mic, you definitely should be hearing things throughout the performance.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 3rd September 2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old 3rd September 2008, 09:09 PM
Depend on you Initiate

It's a bit sad that she's not wearing her left in-ear just keeps reminding me that she can't use it

But it seems like a great performance though. Don't mind if she lip-syncing. It's not a big deal if you for example compare to Britney Spears (yeah I know. Stupid comparison haha)

''Also there is the infamous time from CDL 05/06 when during Theme of A-Nation on the tv broadcast there is a close up of her face where it is pretty clear she is mouthing the wrong word and a different sound is coming out. (and Theme of A-Nation is certainly a song you would think she wouldn't have to lip synch)''

When you said that I got reminded pf the UNITE! performance in AT06 at the end of the first chorus where they do the hand-thingy at the waist and the hip-moves it's noticeable that she lip-syncs. I don't know if this has been brought up, just thought it was a similar to the 05-06 incident.

Last edited by thangkhung91; 3rd September 2008 at 09:16 PM.

Tags
a-nation '08, ayu, live, lives, photos, pictures, setlist, yocchan