[contest] The 2011 AHS Ayumi Hamasaki Film Festival - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th December 2011, 10:57 AM
forgiveness Initiate

^^That's a great tip maj! Thank you! Now, the deadline is already over but I will keep that one till the next time!

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 4th December 2011, 11:24 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElin_ View Post
^^That's a great tip maj! Thank you! Now, the deadline is already over but I will keep that one till the next time!
Did you take part in the contest, Elin? ^.^

☆Heartful thanks to ownsarai
Old 4th December 2011, 11:38 AM
forgiveness Initiate

I sure did.
I will be great fun to see all the other videos!

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 4th December 2011, 11:43 AM
I am... Initiate

I wasn't able to get my friends together for shooting in time :/ Sucks cause the concept has been standing since FIVE was released literally. I'll just enjoy the videos in the contest then and shoot mine sometime later

A bit late for that, but:
If you want to convert your files to smaller sizes without affecting video quality too much I suggest converting to a H264 format(it's the leading format in distribution of small files with good qualities, .avi(especially DivX and XVid, horrible formats, generally gets you bad quality in small filesizes, as does .mpg so I would never suggest those, they are outdated formats), that can be .mp4, .mov or .mkv for example. And putting the resolution to SD should be the best way to leave enough quality and stay below 100mb.(Set the audio to mp3 128bit/s stereo, that can save you another 3-30MB) Handbrake and XMedia Recode(both free) are very good programs for that process.
Old 4th December 2011, 11:59 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
I wasn't able to get my friends together for shooting in time :/ Sucks cause the concept has been standing since FIVE was released literally. I'll just enjoy the videos in the contest then and shoot mine sometime later

If you want to convert your files to smaller sizes without affecting video quality too much I suggest converting to a H264 format(it's the leading format in distribution of small files with good qualities, .avi(especially DivX and XVid, horrible formats, generally gets you bad quality in small filesizes, as does .mpg so I would never suggest those, they are outdated formats), that can be .mp4, .mov or .mkv for example. And putting the resolution to SD should be the best way to leave enough quality and stay below 100mb.(Set the audio to mp3 128bit/s stereo, that can save you another 3-30MB) Handbrake and XMedia Recode(both free) are very good programs for that process.
I just converted my video [and of course send it] to .mkv from AVCHD format, and it didn't really affect quality, but the file size did get a lot smaller: 144mb-> 57mb :3~

I wanna see others videos! X3~ *Excited*

Oh hey, are those who are participating in the contest able to vote or not? : o

☆Heartful thanks to ownsarai
Old 4th December 2011, 12:10 PM
Over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post

Wow, you were planning to use original footage? Such a shame we didn't get to see it, then. I look forward to seeing it in the future!

And thanks for the tips. I never understood video formats and sub-formats (is it?) but deep down I always knew I preferred .mp4 and .mkv for some reason and this explanation justified it! I would love to learn more video-making, gah, I wish I have the time!

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai

Old 4th December 2011, 12:17 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by majrakun View Post
Wow, you were planning to use original footage? Such a shame we didn't get to see it, then. I look forward to seeing it in the future!

And thanks for the tips. I never understood video formats and sub-formats (is it?) but deep down I always knew I preferred .mp4 and .mkv for some reason and this explanation justified it! I would love to learn more video-making, gah, I wish I have the time!
Yeah I prefer doing that over cutting together things, it's just more fun to me So I wanted to do something similar to the progress PV.

And if you got any questions about video formats, encoding or editing you can just PM me I'm always glad to help.
Closed Thread