[A] MADE IN JAPAN song opinions! - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 14th May 2016, 02:08 AM
still alone Initiate

Interesting found today, tasky in Japanese sounds like "tasuki" and I googled it:

tasuki
n. long narrow soft strip of fabric used to tie Kimono's sleeves to enable free movements; light cloth sash suspended from a runner's shoulder across the chest and passed from one runner to another in relay marathon game

There you have it, another Japanese reference

Last edited by se7entheaven; 14th May 2016 at 02:34 AM.
Old 14th May 2016, 06:31 AM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
I just listened to tasky for the moment, and guess what ? it reminds me of another song >_<
Actually, it's just a tiny little part, that reminds me Pagan Poetry from Björk (the first seconds) :
Whoa, this is the 2nd time she's sampled from one of my favorite artists! Daft Punk in Party Queen now Björk if it is a sample. I know literally all Björk's solo songs!

When I was listening to the album and Tasky came on I was like "Please be a full song" and then I look at being 2 minutes and I was like -_-

I had the same feels with Glasses >_>
Old 14th May 2016, 08:26 PM
As if.. Initiate

If she took out Breakdown from the first part, then tracks 1-6 are flawless.

Summer Love & Many Classic Moments are cute. I could find myself enjoying them when I go out for a run (these cute/pop/dancy tracks are so much better than Feel the love which was plain annoying).

This album is seriously giving me RocknRoll Circus teas. Never thought Ayu could snatch me again.

CRISIS MAKE UP

Old 15th May 2016, 02:36 AM
Daybreak Initiate

I enjoy every track in this album, but it's just too short.

Anyway, Mr. Darling sounds like a song made for female singer-songwriter with guitar, like Ohara Sakurako, miwa, YUI, or else. But somehow, it suits Ayu very much. It's a very interesting song.
Quote:
神はご自分のひとり子を与えるほどに世を愛されたからだ。それは,彼を信じる者がみな滅びることなく,永遠 の命を持つためだ。
Old 15th May 2016, 02:44 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I kinda wish Ayu would tackle that kinda sound more. Like a rich Angela Aki piano ballad/uptempo or something with jazzy brass.
Old 15th May 2016, 03:30 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
For a good bit, she was forcing herself to work even though she was sort of dealing with some stuff emotionally. There are some interviews released around A ONE that basically talk of her running away from Japan to America and "abandoning" Japan.

Getting some links.

http://ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121548
- 109news article

http://ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121947
- Numero Tokyo

Thanks to tenshi no hane for translations.
Didn't she mentioned something about making a big mistake which is why she stayed in the U.S. for sometime? I kinda wonder what that mistake is tho? Is it about Maro? Is it about Manuel Schwarz? Or is it about her own music?

praying for your souls

Old 15th May 2016, 03:49 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think it was Maro.

If you notice, the disconnect started after she found out all the crap about him and cut him off from the troupe. I imagine she THOUGHT things were okay and then, well...
Old 15th May 2016, 03:57 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
I think it was Maro.

If you notice, the disconnect started after she found out all the crap about him and cut him off from the troupe. I imagine she THOUGHT things were okay and then, well...
Well I think she NEEDED those years she spent in L.A.

Anyways, her "reset" starting in A ONE really did wonders for her, even though her releases during that time was a little too safe for me.

Made In Japan is soooooooooo good tho. Everything felt fresh/new even tho you can tell it's an Ayu album. Flower, Mad World, Breakdown and You are the only one are my favorites at this point. Survivor and Summer Love is bit meh for me but that's just because of my personal taste. All the lyrics are good too!

praying for your souls

Old 15th May 2016, 05:06 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

We're in the neo Ayu renaissance. Next album is gonna be so gewd.
Old 15th May 2016, 06:36 AM
Replace Initiate

Ayu makes her best music when she isn't insecure about her flaws. I think her output since her breakup from Tomoya Nagase has been so uneven compared to the work before it because she had a hard time owning up to her flaws and sorta wearing her anxieties & talents on her sleeve. Less self-awareness.

Now that she's married and it seems to be really working out, I think she feels much more comfortable being herself professionally too.

Ayu has got to be the only person on earth who makes better music when she's in a happy relationship XD
Old 15th May 2016, 09:51 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

All in all I'm really surprised about MADE IN JAPAN. I didn't expect that I would like every song and I love listening to it from the beginning to the end. There is just not one song that I would skip. I became an Ayu fan when NEXT LEVEL was released and I became obsessed with it. So I listened to all the older stuff and I was so excited with every album so far. Then the newer stuff came out and though I like every album from Rock'n'Roll Circus to A ONE I was just not so excited with them as I was with her music before. I was already worried that I missed her best times but then she released sixxxxxx which I really liked a lot (except for the title lol) and then THIS and she drew me back with full force. I'm so happy!

tasky
I love that intro so hard. Someone here mentioned that she or he felt like being pulled into another world while listening to it and I agree with that statement so much. I felt like Ayu was luring me into her MADE IN JAPAN world lol. It's one of my favorite intros ever. 5/5

FLOWER
It's definitely my favorite song. I love the darker Ayu rock music stuff and this one reminds me so much of Decision which is also one of my favorite songs ever. The Japanese instruments in it fit so nicely and I don't know. I'm listening to it all the time. 5/5

Mad World
Mad World is also one of my favorites. Hope for a PV here. Can't really say what I like about it so much but I love it. 5/5

Breakdown
Sounds a lot like Shape of love to me but I don't care since I loved Shape of love to death. However, the ending of Breakdown is pure bliss. I love that the songs builds up and you are expecting so much and then she finishes it with the "kono mama". Amazing! 4/5

Survivor
Might be my second favorite song. As some members here already said the chanting sounds quite odd but I still like it because it fits the overall feeling of the song. I love the lyrics and the message and for me it's just epic. And it's also fun listening to. 5/5

You are the only one
I like the bagpipes. It's a typical Ayu ballad I think but it gets so god after three minutes. I'm sure I will listen to it a lot. 4/5

TODAY
I'm not sure if I will listen to it often but it's still a very good song.4/5

Mr.Darling
Probably my least favorite song from the Album. The chorus is slightly annoying but I like it nonetheless. Won't listen to it much in the future though. 3/5

Summer Love
That song is also so much fun to listen to! I also was slightly irritated at the chorus when I listened to it the first time but once you get used to it it's actually so much fun. Love that song! 5/5
Old 15th May 2016, 10:04 AM
SURREAL Initiate

I love tasky, the samisen makes me love this. Somehow I hope Ayu would use more of this folk Japan sound in this album. Hey, a folk genre album! That would be great.
If she ditch that backgrounds vocal in every reff, like when she use before the ending reff, I would love FLOWER till death.
Survivor makes me wonder if she will use A Choir again in the show, it will be great. All I can think of this song is an image of Ayu wear that African inspired costume like in AT 2005.
Breakdown kinda bit of anti climax, if she threw away that upper beat part in the ending.
I can see A Choir again in You are the only one and Ayu dress in wedding gown. I like this song, her vocal is really great in here, almost flawless, no squeaky.
I don't like her vocal in Mr. Darling, the cute vocal I think only works with upbeat songs. Like HONEY or Energize. The music itself is good. Simple. Life episode 2.
Summer Love, why do I keep thinking the intro sounds like that dreaded Gangnam Style song. I like her vocal in here, so steady.

Overall 8/10.
Old 15th May 2016, 11:01 AM
Love song H-Initiate

I changed my mind about Breakdown. It is really good, like 4/5
Old 16th May 2016, 06:32 PM
TO BE Initiate

After spending the entire weekend listening to this album, I freaking love it. This is one of her best works that is very comparable to her older era. The album contains a very modern sound yet still retains that very ayu like sound. I always love ayu lyrics so this album continues that for me.

1. tasky is such a strong opener for this amazing album. It is very memorable.
2. FLOWER is so raw, yet well done. It's one of her best rock songs in recent years.
3. Mad world literally made me cry. It's so emotional and something about the lyrics, voice, and melody makes me brawl my eyes out, especially near the end. This is definitely the best song on the album.
4. Breakout is pretty good, but the ending is so abrupt. It reminds me of monochrome.
5. Survivor is the experimental track that she loves doing one or two once in a while. Sometimes they are brillante and other times they are like bad parts of party queen songs. Luckily this one is great, haha.
6. You are the only one have such a beautiful melody. The song have a very ethereal feel to it, a modern rainbow song attempt.
7. TODAY, this song is so uplifting and inspiring. I know ahs hates these types of songs f.e. beautiful day, red line, my all, born to be etc but I eat these songs up. They made me really happy.
8. Mr. Darling is very reminscique of honey. Like above and conversely to ahs, I love it haha. It is so sugary sweet and I enjoy it, my guilty pleasure.
9. Summer love throws me off. I was expecting a summer diary 2 but I got a fun, cute, enjoyabe dance track. Her dance tracks tends to be a hit or miss. This is a hit! I love you!!! Oohohohoh.
10. Many classic moments, I heard this before on her tour, but I will talk about it. I love it. It closes the album well.

Ayu really brought her game after A 1 and 6xxxxx. I wasn't sure she will maintain her work since she tends to go safe and lazy after doing something good. I'm glad I'm wrong and she even excelled and exceeded my expectations. This album is way better than the other two and it's becoming one of my favorites. It's one of the rare album that I don't skip any songs.

Last edited by TeddyGrahams; 16th May 2016 at 06:35 PM.
Old 16th May 2016, 07:05 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
I kinda wish Ayu would tackle that kinda sound more. Like a rich Angela Aki piano ballad/uptempo or something with jazzy brass.
She has used a brass ensemble in her lives several times, I wish she would use one for album recordings. There are so many more instruments in this world than piano and strings. Not that I mind those, but it's nice to change it up here and there. According to comments, You are the only one uses a backpipe. This is nice addition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
Ayu makes her best music when she isn't insecure about her flaws. I think her output since her breakup from Tomoya Nagase has been so uneven compared to the work before it because she had a hard time owning up to her flaws and sorta wearing her anxieties & talents on her sleeve. Less self-awareness.

Now that she's married and it seems to be really working out, I think she feels much more comfortable being herself professionally too.

Ayu has got to be the only person on earth who makes better music when she's in a happy relationship XD
THIS SO MUCH!
Looking back now, I guess the Sunset/Sunrise cover disaster, her magazine photo shots at that time etc. might have also been influenced by her state of mind.
I think her current partner gives her a much more positive outlook on life, just like Nagase Tomoya did back in the day.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 17th May 2016, 12:09 AM
End of the World Initiate

tasky- The best song of the album. I'm sad that she not do 2 or 3 tracks in the style of this. 5/5

FLOWER- Great song, but what's going on with her voice in the chorus? I dislike how she sound. 4/5

Mad World- Another rock song but very sad, I like it and the part of the music when doesn't sound like ayu. 4/5

Breakdown- More sadness? XD I'm going to cry but this song is really good, I found the melody vocals between GREEN and Shape Of Love, and the music is 100% classic ayu. 5/5

Survivor- Mmm... I like the verses but the chorus doesn't grown on me. The lyrics are good and I like the tropical style but I need more listenings to this song. 0/5

You are the only one- I can't with this song, the lyrics are good but the song is too slow, I like the new sounds she introduce in this song but i want to die right now, sorry xD. 0/5

TODAY- This song is very beautiful, I like it, is slow and I don't like the nanas but is good 2/5

Mr.Darling- I don't dislike it as much I expected, finally I like it more. 2/5

Summer Love- The song start really good till the gagnam style opening xD the first verse are very good and the prechorus but the chorus...o_O and the oh oh oh oh oh are too much xD but finally I think I'm ending loving this song. 3/5

Many Classic Moments- At first when the song was released I don't like it and I don't understand the estructure of the song but after listening to it more and more I understand that this song is SO FUCKING GOOD xD I love it and is amazing. I'm happy the song is in the album. 5/5

I was expecting this album to be more upbeat, but I like the different styles of the songs and the new sounds in the album.

I'm ending here liking more the album but I have to listen to it more.
Old 17th May 2016, 04:49 AM
And Then Initiate

I just love this album so much. All of the songs are great, except Summer Love and Many Classics Moments maybe it's just because I'm not into EDM at all. Mad World, You are the only one, and Breakdown are the clear standouts on this album. I just love the emotion she gives/has in Mad World, and You are the only one sounds like something she's never done before. Breakdown simply amazing! I just can feel her raw emotions, and I loved the weird ending of the song.

It's been so long since I love her album, her last album that I love is Five and haven't been following her since Party Queen. But I've been impressed by her recent releases, A ONE and M(A)DE IN JAPAN especially. Keep it up Ayu! You know I'm always gonna be your fan no matter what.

All and all, I'd give this album 9/10.
Old 17th May 2016, 02:47 PM
winding road H-Initiate

I think Breakdown is my favorite song in the album, I just love it so much and it's so Ayu

Old 18th May 2016, 02:59 PM
Pray H-Initiate

tasky
Possibly the most appropriate and perfect interlude to an album titled "MADE IN JAPAN". BA blend of old and new, would've maybe liked a bit less techno and a bit more "old", but I seriously like this opening.
♥♥♥♥
FLOWER
Mid-tempo rock ballad. Her voice is clear, but sounds like it's struggling a bit in the chorus. The blend of old and new still works really well here. The riff at the bridge kills me every time!
♥♥♥
Mad World
Another mid-tempo, but with a melody and vocals much more to my taste. The build-up gives a much better pay-off, this doesn't go all out with screaming, but is much more heartfelt and feels somehow more "genuine" to me. You can really feel her emotion in this one.
♥♥♥
Breakdown
Old school Ayu ballad opening, turns epic and bittersweet just a few seconds into the melody. When she starts singing, the quiet instrument with japanese influence really allows for her voice to shine. The chorus isn't too overpowering, throwing the whole song off-balance, it's just perfect for it to work. Her voice here is brilliant.
♥♥♥♥
Survivor
There's something very ESC about that chorus and her voice in it (in a bad way), and that chanting from the back-up singers isn't doing it any favours. I think there's massive potential in this song and a lot of promise in the better parts of it - the quieter, build-ups. But it's just too much. It wouldn't surprise me if this song would become beloved by many and also hated by a few. It certainly does sound like a survivor's song, I'll give her that.
♥♥
You are the only one
Bagpipes.
That is all.

Actually, no. Because this is a really sweet song. It sounds almost a-typical Ayu in some ways. There are bagpipes, 80's synths and it's a softly sung ballad. And it's honestly a very good song. I'm not blown away by it, but it's not the kind of song to do that. It's soothing, tender and loving.
♥♥♥
TODAY
Another ballad. This has a much more uplifting and warm sound to it, reminding me a lot by feeling of Sweet Season. Makes me see that orange, glowing colour scheme and makes me feel like I can overcome everything today might bring. It's so tender, it's almost heartbreaking!
♥♥♥
Summer Love
Oh, sh- here we go. Cranking up the tempo for this one. Despite all the tempo and the dance-beat, it's kind of boring. Not bad, just boring. I'd much rather listen to Terminal or one of her more recent remixes than this. I can't see myself listening to this again many times over.
♥♥

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 20th May 2016, 10:09 PM
No way to say Initiate

I feel like she could have gone so much harder with You Are The Only One. It seems kinda restrained, not just with her vocals but with the instruments...throw in some epic live drums and shit.

Tags
made in japan