[globe] The 1st Thread: - "10000 Days" best-of album (2022) - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 20th June 2016, 10:14 PM
Voyage Initiate

I notice TK & Marc are performing on a music show with Sayaka Kanda. I wonder if it's a song from Remode 2?
Old 22nd June 2016, 02:13 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I hope it's Can't Stop Fallin' in Love. I've been addicted to globe recently.

Last edited by DreamMusicPark; 22nd June 2016 at 02:16 PM.
Old 23rd June 2016, 10:40 PM
Voyage Initiate

My copy of Maniac arrived on Tuesday! Well chuffed!
Old 10th July 2016, 10:14 PM
Voyage Initiate

Really need to post my thoughts on Maniac soon! Currently obsessing over Humanrace!

Last edited by mi|kshake; 10th July 2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 16th July 2016, 11:57 AM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
I hope it's Can't Stop Fallin' in Love. I've been addicted to globe recently.
Yes, I love that song too! I totally relate to being addicted!

I notice on iTunes that they have the 15 Years Chronicle available to buy featuring three tracks which are They Fight Now, Single Walking and Self Control. I was wondering if these tracks featured on any of their studio albums?

If not, I think I will buy it but wanted to make sure I wasn't "spoiling" myself for any of their albums as I am currently working my way backwards through their discography.

I was chuffed to see Keiko's album available to buy on YesAsia! Added it to my "To Buy" list!
Old 17th July 2016, 10:05 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ Holy crap, I had no idea those songs were available on iTunes! I'm pretty sure they're not on any studio albums; as far as I know, they're unreleased tracks that were only released with the 15 YEARS CHRONICLE DVD set in 2011, well after any of their studio albums or best albums. I recommend getting them even if only to hear They Fight Now, I LOVE that song so much.

Btw, while checking these details, I found out that there's a CM video for Remode 2!

Also, apparently another remix album has been announced for release on July 27th (so soon!). It's titled "deep JAZZ globe". Weirdly enough, there's no catalogue number listed for the album, and it says on the discography page that it's a limited distribution album with no further info on what this limited distribution actually is. Also, the previews don't really sound particularly jazzy to me, but what do I know. We'll see what comes of this release...

Also, looking forward to your thoughts on maniac, mi|kshake!
Old 18th July 2016, 10:37 PM
Voyage Initiate

^Thanks for your help!

Yeah, I only came across those tracks the other day. Avex do seem to update their artists pages every so often for older singles. Like they also had A Song Is Born with Keiko. (Also chuffed to find some Namie and Kumi singles iTunes had been missing)

In which case, despite trying not to spend too much cash, I think I will have to download these songs ASAP!
Old 19th July 2016, 01:29 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Remode 2 sounds good!!

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 26th July 2016, 07:29 PM
Voyage Initiate

Finally my Maniac thoughts!

At first Disc 1 was my favourite and Disc 2 was just a bonus to me but now I love both!

Soldier, Please Don't Give Up, Why Why Tell Me Why & From The Beginning are all great tracks! I love the songs towards the end of Disc 1 too but gotta admit I do get some of them mixed up (I have too much music to listen to!) I think Shine On You and Simplove are my favourite from the second half of Disc 1.

Disc 2-wise I love hearing the band versions of Judgement and Lost but my favourite song has got to be Humanrace! Be True is also great.

I look forward to ordering my next Globe album which will be Level 4 (although it might be a while let as I'm not doing a CD order this month and have Hikki's new album to look forward to in September)
Old 27th July 2016, 07:15 AM
TO BE Initiate

Lights, Lights 2, Level 4 - to me these are my top 3 favourite globe albums ever. Tight and beautifully written + executed, start to finish.
Old 28th July 2016, 07:09 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
Lights, Lights 2, Level 4 - to me these are my top 3 favourite globe albums ever. Tight and beautifully written + executed, start to finish.
yeah, I double that! Lights, Lights 2, Level 4 are pure masterpieces!
I consider these albums to be also their best. I would probably add globe 2pop/rock to that list, but this album is in quite different genre than rest of their discogprahy so I understand that not every fan likes it.
Old 30th July 2016, 03:00 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I wanna buy Remode 2 but the cover is pretty awful, it looks like a-nation compilation cover

Also the design for the new luxury box is pretty bad too :/

Old 1st August 2016, 09:54 PM
Voyage Initiate

Now I wanna buy Lights, Lights 2, Level 4 even more! As well as Keiko's album. Has anyone heard O-Crazy Luv?

I actually quite like the Remode 2 cover, given how simple it looks, I think it's the pink I like!
Old 2nd August 2016, 07:54 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I'll end eventually buying Remode 2 been listening to the digest on replay!!

Just will wait for Taiwan press

Old 3rd August 2016, 07:08 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi|kshake View Post
Now I wanna buy Lights, Lights 2, Level 4 even more! As well as Keiko's album. Has anyone heard O-Crazy Luv?
yeah, I did and I love her solo album. If you like globe2 pop/rock album, you will love this album too, I am pretty sure. It is basically the same genre.
Old 6th August 2016, 07:39 AM
Who... Initiate

Wow I just listened to Remode 2's digest and it sounds so good! Kind of disappointing they put in a few classics, I was hoping more less known songs are included, but this is fine too. From the previews on YT and twitter they've been giving out, I like these remixes! They don't sound flat or empty like many trendy "edm" songs now. I also love the airy and floaty vibes of this album too (do you feel me).

And to bring the collab with Sayaka Kanda in June back, they actually sang Is this love. She doesn't have the same vibes as Keiko but to be honest, her cover was really enjoyable, I wouldn't mind her singing a few more globe songs. I was super glad they performed together because it's been a good long time since TK and Marc were on the same stage performing a globe song.

For anybody interested, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdbRNWsAS4

That link sounds pretty muffled, if anybody wants a clear HD clip then I'll upload the video I have, it was taken down but I saved it thank god.

Set by YuriChan

Last edited by ayu-michan; 6th August 2016 at 07:41 AM.
Old 10th August 2016, 03:50 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

"Remode 2" 1st week

Sales: 3,973 copies sold

I still think it's weird that they put only 10 songs on the album

Old 11th August 2016, 09:31 PM
Voyage Initiate

^Yeah, because some of the songs were already remixed for Remode 1 weren't they? And between that and the Cover Best (which I love btw!), we're seeing a lot of the same songs.

Quote:
And to bring the collab with Sayaka Kanda in June back, they actually sang Is this love. She doesn't have the same vibes as Keiko but to be honest, her cover was really enjoyable, I wouldn't mind her singing a few more globe songs. I was super glad they performed together because it's been a good long time since TK and Marc were on the same stage performing a globe song.
Thanks for the link! I agree, it's nice to hear Globe songs still performed even if Keiko can't be there!

Quote:
yeah, I did and I love her solo album. If you like globe2 pop/rock album, you will love this album too, I am pretty sure. It is basically the same genre.
Good to know! I love Reason and Humanrace so much so really looking forward to buying O-Crazy Luv.

I noticed that the PV for Faces Places has been released on Avex's channel. (Although I'm not really understanding it):

Last edited by mi|kshake; 11th August 2016 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12th August 2016, 08:09 PM
Who... Initiate

Reason and Humanrace are some gems! The thing I love about globe is the beats, always so complex whether it be trance or not.

I actually don't understand why avex is releasing those PVs. I saw how it's like a "drama" with a plot in there, but honestly the PVs don't match the songs at all.

Set by YuriChan

Old 13th August 2016, 02:03 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Ordered my first 2 globe albums ^_^ can't wait

Tags
globe, tetsuya komuro