Asian music "what's on your mind" thread III - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 14th April 2018, 03:08 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Okay, seriously???

Last night I was talking a bit of Avex declining, partially because of Tetsuya Komuro (plus Namie Amuro)...but speaking of TK, he's back in some way???

As a game music director???

http://aramajapan.com/news/otaku/vid...is-back/87230/

I don't know what to say about this...
Old 15th April 2018, 05:06 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Kanjani∞'s Subaru is leaving both the group and J&A

This's so awful & frankly Kanjani∞ will not be the same without Subaru

That said wishing Subaru all the best for his future endeavours

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 15th April 2018, 07:59 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Yeah, I'm surprised to hear Subaru Shibutani is leaving not just Kanjani8, but the Johnny's agency. Why is he withdrawing from them?

(Could be interesting if Subaru ends up joining Twitter or some other SNS now that he's no longer part of the Johnny's agency.)

EDIT: It turns out that there seems to be some behind-the-scenes disagreements between Subaru and Johnny's staff, with Subaru preferring to be a musician, not just an idol.

Now I have to wonder what's going to happen with Kanjani8's "GR8EST" best album in terms of cover art and promotion-wise...

Last edited by Bigtop; 15th April 2018 at 08:02 AM.
Old 15th April 2018, 08:23 AM

GR8EST covers were already released before Subaru's decision to leave

Their upcoming Dome tour will not include Subaru

Subaru is following what EXILE ATSUSHI did except in this case , he's leaving both the group and J&A but ATSUSHI stays put when he came back from overseas

Out of all the Johnnys groups , Kanjani∞ are the closest as they hang out a lot both during their public & private lives . I don't think it's an easy decision for Subaru to make but he spent more than 20 years in J&A so he has seen numerous ups & downs

That said , the group dynamics in Kanjani∞ wouldn't be the same after Subaru leaves , he's 1 of the most talented Johnnys & it will be weird not to see him in future JCDs anymore :x

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Last edited by KarenPang; 15th April 2018 at 08:29 AM.
Old 15th April 2018, 08:54 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Translated statement from Subaru-san on leaving KJ8 here.

http://aramajapan.com/aramaexclusive...ociates/87319/

Also, is Subaru's departure from KJ8 effective immediately? He's going to leave the Johnny's agency at the end of the year, but for sure he's not part of this upcoming dome tour.

Among the current veteran Johnny's groups, that leaves ARASHI as among the last ones (along with V6 and KinKi Kids, although the latter is a duo and KinKi Kids wouldn't make sense if one of the two decides to leave the group) that are still active yet without any member changeups? For sure NEWS, KAT-TUN, Hey! Say! JUMP and even Kis-My-Ft2 (pre-debut) had members leaving the group.
Old 15th April 2018, 09:18 AM

^ You forgot TOKIO

Excluding SMAP , the senior Johnny groups (ARASHI , TOKIO , KinKi Kids , V6) are still the most stable in terms of group dynamics even though it's a known fact that ARASHI weren't chummy when Johnny-san 1st put them together some 19 years ago

The other 4 members didn't know Ohno 'existed' prior to ARASHI's formation in Hawaii cos Ohno wasn't based in Tokyo back then , he was in other prefectures focusing a lot on stageplay

I wouldn't be surprised things shake up within J&A after SMAP disband which left to more Johnnys fighting for more control & rights

And there's also still the whole rumours of Julie K taking over full control management of J&A even though she's in control of JStorm & Johnny's Entertainment businesses

Old 15th April 2018, 06:27 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Uh, nice to know!
THough her first album was boring as hell. The 2nd one can't be any worse.
I did like the singles after the 1st album much more.
It'll be released on 20th June to be exact it is called 24. She already promoted the album with the preview of a new song LOVE THERAPY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY-xNKkqwg4

Ahah we have opposite views! ^_^ I find that A new day single (as all digital singles were thrown in it) was a gentle "covers" compilation. I know that her songs on her first album weren't original but I think that all the accents of her voice were more used, Empty being the song that exploited her voice the most.
Old 15th April 2018, 06:55 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

@Yoake:
Haha, yeah, that's alright.
I love two songs from her first album - I need your love and Empty (more songs like that, please, it's heaven).
I honestly can't even remember any of the other ones.
Idk, she sounds like a totally safe and well-behaved Disney singer on most. If you know, what I mean.
A New Day is a nice ballad, but I really like All I Want especially.
Love Therapy is pretty much a R&B ballad. Definitely wouldn't mind her going further in that direction.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 16th April 2018, 12:01 PM
Sky high Protector

^I understand what you mean. I would like that her next songs sound more edgy and personal too. The verse of All I Want is great but the chorus is so common that it decreased my interest.
I don't mind when the first album of a singer is generic (especially if he/she isn't a composer) but for the second I really need they assert themselves as a singer who doesn't simply copy their inspirations. They need their own signature sound.
Old 17th April 2018, 12:41 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
^I understand what you mean. I would like that her next songs sound more edgy and personal too. The verse of All I Want is great but the chorus is so common that it decreased my interest.
I don't mind when the first album of a singer is generic (especially if he/she isn't a composer) but for the second I really need they assert themselves as a singer who doesn't simply copy their inspirations. They need their own signature sound.
We're the opposite again.
It starts very generic, but the chorus and the progression of the song are awesome for me.
She realesed Baby don't cry today. It has a gospel feeling and is pretty in line with Love Therapy. Maybe the new album is going to have a more polished sound. I'll give her some more time though to find her, if that isn't the case.
Cause even though the tone of her voice isn't unique at all, her range and the power of her vocals are rare in Japan.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 17th April 2018, 01:32 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Wonder what PRISTIN is up to these days. I’m waiting on so many KPOP groups to make their comebacks.

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 17th April 2018, 04:30 PM

Twitter was down a few mins ago which I think it's caused by this

https://twitter.com/_____arajun/stat...39655862398977

Domyouji lives on 10 years later (wow is it been SO long since he was last featured on the TV & movie screen o_O) . His face is not quite visible but it's so obvious , I mean come on

Old 17th April 2018, 08:29 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
We're the opposite again.
It starts very generic, but the chorus and the progression of the song are awesome for me.
She realesed Baby don't cry today. It has a gospel feeling and is pretty in line with Love Therapy. Maybe the new album is going to have a more polished sound. I'll give her some more time though to find her, if that isn't the case.
Cause even though the tone of her voice isn't unique at all, her range and the power of her vocals are rare in Japan.
I think it's the first time our tastes are so different for one of the new artists we listen to. But that's what is so interesting. I'm always so amazed to see an artist gathering around him/her people who can be so different.
Thanks for telling me about Baby don't cry. I prefer this preview to LOVE THERAPY. I hope the song'll have a beautiful and powerful progression. It's the kind of song that need a high point/grand final. Finally, I shouldn't be too pessimistic XD
I agree with the last point about her voice.
Old 18th April 2018, 07:46 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

@Yoake
There's always a first.
The full song is already out on Spotify btw.
Don't know, if you will like it. The progression is beautiful, but more subtle than powerful.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 18th April 2018, 04:43 PM
Sky high Protector

^Baby don't cry is seriously the best song she released since her last album. It's the true that the progression isn't as I thought but it's nice. I really like the bridge. The structure of the song reminds me Ayu's one a lot. Especially with the slower part before the resumption of the main melody and rhythm.
Old 19th April 2018, 10:14 AM

New GRANRODEO single that will be out in July

Psyched !

Old 26th April 2018, 12:08 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Single is out today!

2nd album "Naked", release date 06/06!

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 26th April 2018, 12:29 PM

While I don't listen to TOKIO , it's sad regarding the mess that Yamaguchi has gotten himself into :x

He should have known better & now TOKIO's future is in jeopardy cos of his actions which I feel it's unfair to the other members

And the fact that Taichi stood up for Yamaguchi at this morning's Mezamashi TV , it's so awful & painful to watch

The last thing I want to see is another established Johnny group to disband :x

Old 26th April 2018, 06:48 PM

Yuzu has worked on a song for ARASHI , very intrigued to hear how it will sound like

Old 27th April 2018, 05:51 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Single is out today!

2nd album "Naked", release date 06/06!

I'm excited for the album, but boy do I not like this song. I hope the album has some better material.