LOVE - Opinions, etc - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 4th November 2012, 01:04 AM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasking View Post

As for the songs themselves, everybody's going on about Missing, but I actually find Melody to be the best song. It just has this nostalgic feeling to it, like I'm listening to something from years ago.
THIS

Old 4th November 2012, 01:11 AM
Because of You Initiate

Melody is my fav track, too.
Old 4th November 2012, 01:12 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasking View Post
As for the songs themselves, everybody's going on about Missing, but I actually find Melody to be the best song. It just has this nostalgic feeling to it, like I'm listening to something from years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Rainbow View Post
THIS
I definitely second this. I don't really see missing's massive appeal. The chorus sounds awkward to me. Although the arrangement is nice I don't really like much else about it.

Melody on the other hand I could listen to all day! Much better composition and flow. I'm definitely looking forward to see her sing this live. I think she would struggle with missing.

I don't even really care about Song 4 u. It doesn't get good until the "2 u yeaaaaaaaaaah" part and then it's over. Progress is miles better in my opinion. It packs a powerful punch through and through but Song 4 u takes too long to get to that point.

I'm waiting until I get my copy to listen to the remixes.
Old 4th November 2012, 01:13 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

For me is something like this:

Song 4 U -> 9
Missing -> 10
Melody-> 8

Last edited by MeyChan; 5th November 2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 4th November 2012, 01:18 AM
End roll Initiate

Melody is the best track, the other two are okay

the whole thing together is really forgettable tbh, unless the pvs are super duper amazing, this will become my least fav Ayu release eva
Old 4th November 2012, 01:28 AM
Curtain call Initiate

song 4 u: super awesome, I love it.
missing: terrible and annoying
melody: horrible

remixes are terrible, I just like the orchestra one.
This single is a flop.
Old 4th November 2012, 02:01 AM
appears Initiate

Song 4 u, I feel is too short. I would've liked a good outro to match the awesome intro of the song. And the PV doesn't look very promising to me...

Missing, I also feel that 4:09 is "missing" something. Overall, this is the most old-fashioned sounding Ayu song in some time, and I love it.

Melody, the mixing sounds a little off to me. But I feel like this is something from GUILTY era. It's nice to hear Ayu do something that's actually her kind of style of rock.

Song 4 u's Orchestra Remix is pretty decent. I like the change of vibe yet that it still has the heart of the original song in there.

I do not like the SHINICHI OSAWA remix.

I liked the Remo-con mix, because it's something I generally would expect from a-yu-trance.

I can't even describe how bad the Missing and Melody remixes are. Waaay overboard with the glitchy crap.

And I just want to mention that it's nice to hear the instrumentals of everything. You can hear the production quality a lot in the songs by listening to the instrumentals.
Old 4th November 2012, 02:11 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyujiw View Post

no one will never beat the "Rule (80kidz's "No More Rule" remix)"
All the remixes of the "Rule/Sparkle" single were superb. It's one of my favourite singles due to the wide range of carefully produced remixes. Of course the original mix versions of "Rule" and "Sparkle" were just as great, too

Last edited by channy; 4th November 2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old 4th November 2012, 02:15 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Song 4 u: a bit of a letdown. Tales of Xilia 2 versions sounded much more dramatic than the actual song.. choruses sounded as if not much effort is required to sing this song..

Missing: TOTALLY LOVING IT! Choruses sounded as if ayu is yearning for something dearly.. 2nd verse ayu sounded as if she is about to cry. In short, the tune, arrangement, music, vocals and everything worked for me!

Melody: Lacklustre. But i do agree that it sounded as if something from ages ago!

Remixes: Gross.
Old 4th November 2012, 02:50 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Let me just say...I shall ignore the messed up remixes as though I have never heard them. And I don't count an ORCHESTRA version as a remix because...to me, acoustic/orchestra alternatives arnt really REMIXES.

Ok so, let me first say, Ayu's voice is so good in all 3 tracks. Like what most have mentioned, the vibrato is very well-controlled so there isnt some overly dramatic words..

Song 4 u: I've gotten used to its shortness. The 2 u and 4 u part just claims the song. It's really strong and I think if she had repeated it, it would definitely have lost its effect. So I'll be listening to the entire song progress to that point (no pun intended). I love the beat in the song honestly...it's really as though you are journeying and climbing to the top of the mountain and then you finally reach it.

Missing: I think this song is just....i'm speechless really. It's one of her BEST songs EVERRRRR if I must say. And maybe one of the best songs I've heard in J-pop this year, and maybe one of the best songs I've heard EVERR. LOL! but really, the production is perfect! From the building up of the arrangement and the different segments of the melody..+that surprising piano rift before the 2nd chorus and that nostalgic winter-song guitar bridge..and that very emotional voice, uh I LOVE.

Melody: this is probably the song that I've been humming the most. it's really nostalgic for me. It makes me feel like lazing and going on a roadtrip to the countryside (well, no countrysides in Singapore). It's one of those feel-good songs for me, and really heartwarming.

These three songs get an average score of 9 from me. Even though, I cannot imagine other ways where they can get any better LOL. but still, im sure there's always room for exploration.

LOVE LOVE
Old 4th November 2012, 03:18 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Missing can really fit to I am... imo
Old 4th November 2012, 03:20 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Song 4 u 10/10

Missing 10/10 my favorite lovelovelove...

Melody 8/10

remixes..I don't really mind. not a big fan of remix

Last edited by AYUCREA; 4th November 2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 4th November 2012, 03:26 AM
count down Initiate

I feel Song 4 u was just a little rushed... it has a great melody and arrangement and vocals.. it's like the skeleton of the song was so perfect yet it felt a little let down. it's a theme song to a video game, it was so looked forward to... yet it felt short of songs like progress and Mirrorcle World.

Missing is the best song imo, and like others, that little gap/skip before the explosion in the chorus was really really annoying, but otherwise, best arrangement in an Ayu song since the Love songs album.

Melody i felt was a black horse. not many people are gonna like it cos the other 2 songs really overshadow it big time, but I loved the simplicity of it. it's sweet, beautiful and brings out Ayu's vocals really well.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 4th November 2012, 04:09 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

"LOVE" was a love at first listen to me. I heard the previews/watched the short PVs when they were released and I liked them, so I was expecting something big. Finally, all my expectations were met and I can say "LOVE" is one of her best works to date.

Song 4 u: I don't like "progress". In fact, is the only song from "FIVE" I don't have in my HDD. But S4u is beautiful, very anime-ish but in the good sense. And almost 4 minutes are enough for a song like this. 8/10

Missing: The masterpiece of this release. I absolutely loved the short ver. PV and the YouTube short edit. Now that we have it full, I can say this is one of her best songs in years. Maybe (and this is a very ultra tiny "maybe") lyrics could have been better, but I'm happy with the result. 10/10

Melody: I totally understand why "Missing" is the favorite track for almost all of ayu fans. But personally, I think "Melody" is simply amazing. The lyrics are so meaninful and emotional, and the music is really touching. I consider this to be a "song for the fans" ("Who...", "MY ALL", etc.), with a very strong message. And even though I recorgize the majestuosity of "Missing", my favorite is "Melody". 10/10.

As for the PVs, they are the weakest part of this release. They had really interesting ideas, but the execution was a big fail. IMO, they ended to be boring.

Overall, I'd say "LOVE" deserves an 8/10.

浜崎あゆみ - Merry-go-round
Old 4th November 2012, 04:36 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

In order I like Missing, Melody and then Song 4 u.
I prefer Missing's video as well.

But what I really wanted to express is how horrible the remixes are. They're so bad. (Not the orchestra one, the other two.)

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 4th November 2012, 04:41 AM
No way to say Initiate

so it's leaked? no-no, not going to listen it until I get the CD

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 4th November 2012, 04:44 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Song 4 u - 10/10
I just simply love the song I love the arrangement but I also feel it kinda too short. I still love the ToX2 intro though it sounds more epic!

Missing - 10/10
Another great track, along with Song 4 u I just love every bit of sound they put in this song. It's just amazing

Melody 7/10
It's not that I dislike it, I thought the arrangement was going to be great but in the end it's not that special imo felt like a filler song in this "mini album" lol
Old 4th November 2012, 04:48 AM
appears Initiate

I'm still on "Song 4 U".....on repeat!!!! Heheheh!! Can't stop listening to this one!
Old 4th November 2012, 05:14 AM
P.S II Initiate

"Melody" sounds like something from the "I am..." and "RAINBOW" era.
Old 4th November 2012, 05:19 AM
UNITE! Initiate

I really enjoyed "Melody" a lot more than I thought I was going to! I thought it was going to be a really basic ballad, but was surprised at how...cute it sounded. It's like a few people have been saying, I could see this potentially being one of those end-of-concert songs. I suspect it might be in the encore, if not the last song, for this year's CDL.

I'm still slightly disappointed with "Song 4 U". It's definitely a good song, but there's something incomplete about it. It reminds me of how I feel about "NaNaNa" - great song, but it just kinda ends. There could be so much more, but there isn't. There's almost more of a completion feeling in the Orchestra version, which is HEAVENLY. I almost wish the two versions had been combined - the mega effect of strings in the OV, plus the rock feeling from the regular version.

And I do like "Missing" as well. It does remind me of "momentum", but each are their own songs. It's the composition that is similar in some spots. (But with Ayu's extensive discography, of course some songs are going to sound similar.)

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Tags
浜崎あゆみ, love, melody, missing, song 4 u