[Translation] [Interview] Numéro Tokyo (September 2015) - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries > Ayu Library > Articles

Notices

Old 28th July 2015, 06:46 PM
independent Initiate

While I don't think they're divorced, just because he was seen at concerts doesn't mean anything to me. Celebrities can easily fake it just to save face or perhaps they're just on good terms and decided not to publicise it? Anything is possible in that world and Hollywood/celebrity relationships are so disposable I can never take it seriously.

Back to the article. I love how articulate she is. I keep forgetting how well spoken she is <3 Thanks for the translation
Old 28th July 2015, 07:43 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
Thanks for the translation but I can't bring myself to feel with her somehow..I just don't feel for her in anyway anymore and that is kinda harsh for me.

I never felt like she "ran away" in any case...I hoped for her that she would search for new inspiration and to get her private shit together. All this front and back (even if it is her personality) is kind of tireing. I don't belive the whole "I can't do without music" stuff either. The girl has trillions - she can easily take a break and do fun things to her life - and I'm pretty sure every schooled person would adviser her to.
She said she ran away. It's believable looking at the way she treated her career that year. I don't know why everything she says has to be a lie or something.

Also, why can she not want to continue with music? Like plenty of people have money but still want to continue in their art. In the same way that many people are broke in their art and would seem better off pursuing something else but don't because they are passionate about it. Like why is it hard to believe that ayu maybe actually enjoys being musician and that it makes her happy in the meantime? And it's not like she doesn't do anything besides her career. I feel like you're just trippin over nothing tbh.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 28th July 2015, 09:21 PM
Voyage Initiate

Thank you so much for translating - it was a great interview! My favourite part is when she talks about her love for music.

Quote:
Her "searching for love" isn't romantic love... I think they are well
I agree!
Old 28th July 2015, 09:33 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
Thanks for the translation but I can't bring myself to feel with her somehow..I just don't feel for her in anyway anymore and that is kinda harsh for me.

I never felt like she "ran away" in any case...I hoped for her that she would search for new inspiration and to get her private shit together. All this front and back (even if it is her personality) is kind of tireing. I don't belive the whole "I can't do without music" stuff either. The girl has trillions - she can easily take a break and do fun things to her life - and I'm pretty sure every schooled person would adviser her to.
well while one side of me told me so many times artists do what they do for money, there's still that factor that they are human and i still keep my hope that the main reason why they make music is because they love it. As she herself said, she could have stopped years ago. But she didn't. When you love what you do money is no longer the main goal, especially when you already have 6 digit numbers in your bank account
Old 28th July 2015, 10:11 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Tenshi, we're so lucky to have you here Thank you so much for the translation. Having an insight into Ayu's current public state of mind is so interesting.
Old 28th July 2015, 10:49 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Thanks for the translation.
Old 28th July 2015, 10:55 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

While I do enjoy these interviews, I do hope that this is the last time she gives an interview like this. It feels a little like she's had this discussion a few times before about "LA and Japan" and how she came to decide to come back to Japan but this one does seem like the last one, so that's good.
Old 28th July 2015, 11:15 PM
GAME Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
While I do enjoy these interviews, I do hope that this is the last time she gives an interview like this. It feels a little like she's had this discussion a few times before about "LA and Japan" and how she came to decide to come back to Japan but this one does seem like the last one, so that's good.
Exactly. It kinda feels like she's "dissing" the entire Colours era. Granted, it's not my favorite Ayu album by any means... Still, I'm glad it exists. I think a lot of the tracks are pretty solid.
Old 28th July 2015, 11:24 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The Colours era was a little shaky though. I wonder if she looks back on the output with regret at all.
Old 28th July 2015, 11:33 PM
GAME Initiate

Well... The PV's, yes. Absolutely horrific. The album itself is such a smooth listen, though. Probably hands down her easiest album to just throw on and jam to, without having to think too much about the content. I'm glad she has an album like this.
Old 28th July 2015, 11:44 PM
No way to say Initiate

Considering the vast difference in Japanese and English..love is such a broad term.
Old 29th July 2015, 01:19 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Awesome translation.

Ayumi is always searching for something. And because of that, she will never be at peace. I was a little sad reading this interview, because I agree with others' posts that she has made similar comments in other interviews as well. I'm glad she at least confessed that she had been running away the last couple of years. I also know that she's trying to separate her private and public life, but, she admits to being a slave to work so of course that will spill into her private life. Perhaps she works so much because it fills a huge void in her life and if she were to quit making music, she'd have to come face to face with it. So in a way, it's like she's still running away from a huge part of herself/life.
Old 29th July 2015, 02:31 AM
still alone Initiate

She said she's looking for love. Seriously why did she get married?
Old 29th July 2015, 04:01 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Somehow this interview doesn't evoke a good feeling in me.
Well, now I do believe she's doing the TA tour to cater to disappointed fans or to fans left as she's more or less speficially sayig it. But really, she should do it (and her career in general), only cause she wants to do it. And not because she has a feeling she has to do it. Feelings of guilt aren"t a good reason.
I mean, hell, she's saying she's able to sacrifice her private life for music and so she will. That isn't healthy.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 29th July 2015, 04:16 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7entheaven View Post
She said she's looking for love. Seriously why did she get married?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshi no hane View Post
The word love isn't restricted to romantic love. Both in Japanese (愛 vs 恋) and English.
^
I don't think 'love' in the article refers to something romantic.
Old 29th July 2015, 05:16 AM
P.S II Initiate

Thank you very much to Tenshi for translating

To Ayu, what's done cannot be undone and lessons learned, so let's move on and don't look back.

Sincerely hope that no more discussing about the LA/JPN-running away in search of love/something, let's talk about "future"

AND, World Tour please~~~~~

Last edited by aliceshields; 29th July 2015 at 05:20 AM.
Old 29th July 2015, 05:21 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

You know AHS is a lost case when there's a meltdown over... nothing, actually. I can't even understand what is pissing people around here off right now.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 29th July 2015, 05:52 AM
Don't look back Initiate

insightful interview and I love it when she is so honest. She know she did something wrong and now she is back to just be herself again
Old 29th July 2015, 07:20 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Also good to hear that she was like "whaaaat?" when people thought cirque de minuit would be her last tour or smth lol

tumblr

Old 29th July 2015, 08:30 AM
SCAR Initiate

I love how honest she is. And i love her words too. I will forever respect her and I honestly can't forgive those who gave up on her because of her mistakes. No one is perfect. We all do wrong but she has at least the courage to admit so and start all over again. I do not need for her to be the doll ayumi hamasaki who is perfect in everything. I respect the human ayu behind the facade.

For those wondering about her love life because of that statement, flashing news: your life is not complete when you find a partner. Nor does being married means that you have everything you need and shouldnt be looking for anything else (love for and from your family, friends, work, surroundings). Love is something entirely different and entails different kinds of relationships, thankfully.

Last edited by tsumekaze_; 29th July 2015 at 08:33 AM.

Tags
numero tokyo, sixxxxxx