[YouTube] Sayonara feat. SpeXial (PV short ver.) - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 21st July 2015, 01:21 PM
ayu trance Initiate

People do realize that the PV story and direction comes from the director of the PV not ayu. Ayu would have some input but she would be shown the story board before the shoot and told how to act They can make it symbolic for ayu but I dont think the director was thinking 'Nagase' lol. All we can go buy is ayu wrights from experiences for her lyrics, so that's all we can go by. Or it could even be a song that was just inspired and came to her, like how people can write sad stories without having been apart of them, maybe this is just a song build on past experiences with no real tie

Last edited by douggn; 21st July 2015 at 01:58 PM.
Old 21st July 2015, 02:40 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_ready? View Post
we have to deal with it tho. I was also obsessed with their relationship as they seemed an ideal couple, and both were beautiful and in their prime. why people like it so much? because Ayu has had several public relationships and Tomoya one is considered the one best she has ever had. I'm a little bitter they didn't make it too, but life goes on.
This actually made things even creepier...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 21st July 2015, 05:02 PM
count down Initiate

omg the video LOL why does she look like a mama san trying to take her pick out of 6 guys and one of them on the bed with the white singlet has no underarm hair lol whut

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 21st July 2015, 09:29 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
That's hard, but to name three more recent ones and not going the "only old Ayu is great" route: Last minute, Zutto... and Sweet scar. Oh and I thought it was brilliant how she watches herself burn in crossroad.
Sweet Scar was her last great PV for me - it was very Ayumi!
Old 21st July 2015, 09:54 PM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi|kshake View Post
Sweet Scar was her last great PV for me - it was very Ayumi!
It sure was..
Old 21st July 2015, 11:43 PM
End of the World Initiate

Well, it's a decent pop video that one would see from any artist. The lighting and the CG gives it a bit of a edge. Ayu looks good too, of course, however the song is a snooze. I kept waiting for the OMPH but it never came. What is forever love is waaay superior.
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:14 AM
æternal Initiate

Really love the song!! The "daisuki na anata" on the second chorus sounded like A Song for XX era Ayu after some vocal trainings XD

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 22nd July 2015, 09:13 AM
UNITE! Initiate

thank you!
Old 22nd July 2015, 09:31 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggn View Post
People do realize that the PV story and direction comes from the director of the PV not ayu.
If I'm not wrong, this PV directed by A CREW. By Ayu and her team
Old 23rd July 2015, 06:04 AM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggn View Post
People do realize that the PV story and direction comes from the director of the PV not ayu. Ayu would have some input but she would be shown the story board before the shoot and told how to act
If Sayonara's the kind of PV this "director" decides to produce then ayu should get a new director PRONTO.
Old 23rd July 2015, 06:21 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

^I'll take it over the likes of xoxo, Feel the love, step by step, wake me up, progress, Daybreak, etc. any day.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 23rd July 2015, 06:32 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Daybreak is perfect you leave it alone lol

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 23rd July 2015, 01:42 PM
Lelio Protector

Sayonara seems to be perfect too (both song and PV), leave it alone!
Old 26th July 2015, 01:51 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Have you seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WSSb7EVMiM
Old 26th July 2015, 07:41 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirrro View Post
Oh my god, I thought this was hilarious. I'm not even familiar with special but their reactions to the attractiveness of the members are similar to the ones I had in my head when watching the music video. Especially when one of them talks about one of the guys arms lol. And I'm glad they think ayu is pretty, because she really is lovely in this PV.

Also lol at the commentary at the end and talking about Migos. The last thing I expect to hear in a video about ayu is some "Free Offset" type stuff. They crazy

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 29th July 2015, 07:11 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Today i thought that the mask should appear little more in the pv, like in one of bed scenes on her face. It's a pretty cool mask after all and could have nice visual effect
Old 30th July 2015, 12:24 AM
Paper Doll Protector

I'm glad several people have taken to this song so well. The PV was really cool and the whole song was pretty creative.

However...

I kind of hope to never listen to that song again. I mean...I typically try and stay open-minded when she does a song with another singer/group. In fact, I've fairly well loved all of the other ones she's done. But those vocals were absolutely terrible. That English in the beginning couldn't lack any more feeling. D: Her voice was great, I loved it, but the guys might as well have used Microsoft Speech and then added it to the song!

It's sad 'cause I like the idea. But, I have absolutely no judgments concerning people's love for this song since it's nice to see her work appreciated.

I just wish there was a version of this song without the boy band in it.
Old 30th July 2015, 03:20 AM
Secret Initiate

The boy band did fantastic lol but I see your point of view. There most likely won't ever be a solo version though. You can depend on AHS to create one though. They did it for Merry-go-round after all lol
Old 30th July 2015, 03:25 AM
Who... Initiate

Tbh I really really expected NOTHING out of this new album and this collab and new songs. I thought that this would be some heart felt ballads or love songs about heart broken things etc etc that's so cliche, but tHIS. THIS

It's been a long ass time that I can feel this excited for Ayu again.

I'm looking forward to this album

Set by YuriChan

Old 30th July 2015, 04:45 AM
appears Initiate

So, the whole video is about Ayu having been put on a throne by someone, basically treated like she was a queen, someone adorned in jewels (you know, diamonds, TONS of them, because whoever it was treated Ayu like a priceless possession). The mask of jewels refers to this person's refusal to see Ayu, the person, that they only saw her as this objectively beautiful possession, but never as an actual person, with emotions, with a heart, with an identity.

Among the animals was an eagle, representing the predatory nature of the person who has done this to Ayu, someone who swooped in and made promises they knew they could never keep. The horses reference the "white knight" stereotype of romance. Horses buck when threatened or in panic, meaning Ayu's persistent attempts to gain this person's love were never really ignored (the memories Ayu has of being consoled when she was sad repeatedly shows that this person at least pretended to be in love) but perceived as a threat. The white horse running into the distance refers to this person's ultimate escape from Ayu. And the castle walls crumbling refer to Ayu's defenses falling to show this person she was being honest with her heart. The knight is noticeably missing, but not so much so... SpeXial represent all the different people this person pretended to be to keep Ayu around. In the cuts, we see the different "personas" reacting as if hurt, and the amalgam of them all in the rotating statute-type poses represents that all of these "different men" are actually just one person, and she's only now realizing this.

Ayu spends most of the video in bed because that's where everyone spends the most time following a hurtful breakup. She never leaves because, like all of us at one time or another, she can't escape the emotions she is experiencing. The desire to relive the memories (the flashbacks we see in the video of her with the guy in very romantic moments) and wonder how this could even be, as it seemed so real that she could close her eyes and relive the truth that turned out to be a lie. It's as if it were happening again at that very moment. But, more so, Ayu is trapped in the exact same place where the romance, the pretend love, all of it happened. And, if you haven't noticed, the person who did this is nowhere to be found, meaning he walked away seemingly unscathed, left the fallout of it all for Ayu to sort through and figure out who she is, who he is, who they were, what happened, why did it happen, how can she stop it from ever happening again, and how can she heal from this while knowing how vulnerable she's made herself. She's angry, but it's a defense tactic, and the reason we see such random sass when she says those two lines in the video is because, in some way, she's in denial that this could happen to her, but that she is also trying to mask that this actually hurt her. It's the only way she thinks she can stop this person from twisting the knife even further, which she now believes they will do if she gives them an opportunity to do so.

Overall, fucking beautiful video, lots of symbolism, and shit actually makes sense here.

-> <-

Last edited by orbitalaspect; 30th July 2015 at 04:51 AM.

Tags
sayonara, sixxxxxx