[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Party Queen~ - Page 27 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th March 2012, 10:36 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
I disagree only because I don't believe a concept has to be obvious in order for it to be good. Ayu is deep, insightful, and sometimes these needs need to be clarified or elaborated on. This is definitelyyyyyyy not the first time she has had to explain a concept. I've been in the dark quite a few times before we got clarification.
I didn't say whether the concept was good or bad. I just said the the covers don't mean anything if people don't get the chance to hear the songs. And I think it's a bit stupid to keep talking about a concept when the majority of people haven't had the chance to hear the songs properly. It's pointless to keep talking about a few pics...and try to explain a "glorious" concept when the majority of people couldn't care less. Besides, imo, the concept is over-rated by some of the fans and imo it's not really that new to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
90% of casual music listeners have never actively listened to a concept album xD It's not all that common in Pop music after all and most people nowadays seem to listen to individual songs rather than full albums. But the thing is she made a concept album, not a collection of random songs. So I can understand her wanting to promote the concept, not individual songs.
Imo that's wrong, she should promote her songs; this way it seems that the "concept" is what's important and the actual tracks are way in the back waiting to be heard.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 25th March 2012, 10:42 PM
As if.. Initiate

I don't think you necessarily need to hear the songs to understand the concept. I haven't heard them yet but I understood it clearly before even reading discussions about the covers - and I wouldn't consider myself to be a "hardcore fan".

last.fm

Old 25th March 2012, 10:54 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I didn't say whether the concept was good or bad. I just said the the covers don't mean anything if people don't get the chance to hear the songs. And I think it's a bit stupid to keep talking about a concept when the majority of people haven't had the chance to hear the songs properly. It's pointless to keep talking about a few pics...and try to explain a "glorious" concept when the majority of people couldn't care less. Besides, imo, the concept is over-rated by some of the fans and imo it's not really that new to her.

Imo that's wrong, she should promote her songs; this way it seems that the "concept" is what's important and the actual tracks are way in the back waiting to be heard.
I love the concept, but I agree it's a little...overrated in a way.

Mostly...Im someone who cares the most about the music. If the music isn't "good" but the concept is highly sophisticated and great....well great lot of good that does me. I try to appreciate it anyway though.

Like Love Songs.

Anyway. I wonder if Avex IS looking for more longevity, like the western system of releasing albums. Like Ayu doing all of this promo after the album is released instead of before...maybe she'll continue doing it this way.

oh. And Koda IS the underdog compared to Ayu. I always want my koda to succeed...but I find it odd for her sales to match Ayu's, idk, just because.

and tbh, I sometimes feel like we're racing against some clock. Like, for instance, say Ayu decided to release in January, her sales would be higher...and if she released later...they'd be lower. I know that doens't make a lot of sense...whatever I just woke up so...I think we need a new thread or something.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 25th March 2012, 11:19 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I have two things to say here right now:
  • Could we be civil here? I'm seeing a bit too much uncomfortability here...
  • New thread please!!!
Old 26th March 2012, 06:53 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post
I love the concept, but I agree it's a little...overrated in a way.

Mostly...Im someone who cares the most about the music. If the music isn't "good" but the concept is highly sophisticated and great....well great lot of good that does me. I try to appreciate it anyway though.
I am pretty much the same.

@sinfonietta - sure that's true, but this is a music album, the whole point of a concept should be to make someone more interested in the songs, I just fear that there aren't that many people who will actually bother with the whole thing.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, oricon, party queen