[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Party Queen~ - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st March 2012, 05:01 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElin_ View Post
Ayu didn't click as much as she often do with me this time. Even though I've been a fan of hers for over 10 years, cried, seen her live, have this crazy big Ayu collection with almost all her releases e.t.c I cancelled this album right the minute I saw the covers (and I really needed money because of that stupid dentist, argh). After listening to the album I still like the middle part, I love reminds me + Tell me why, I enjoy the jazz parts and skips the first and last songs. Anywhooo...

I might have found that I'm not the only one who "clicked" with this album even though we love Ayu and all because of different reasons. This doesn't say that the album is bad, just that it's not our taste? I also don't think the covers helped her out this time around like others have said. Especially with the divorce e.t.c.
+1

Haven't really bothered about sales since GUILTY went to Number 2 but this time I don't even feel sorry if she doesn't get the Number 1 spot. I'm also a fan of Ayus for 10 years - and this is the first album I didn't buy immediately after it was released. (And I'm still not sure if I will buy it) It is the first album I was not really looking forward to for weeks before release. I wouldn't want to say I'm over Ayu, because I don't know what will follow after this. I still have hope. But this Ayu-era is not for me. It just didn't click, like you wrote.
Old 21st March 2012, 05:02 PM
Initiate

Oops @ the sales! I never think that she can have such low sales! ~~!
Old 21st March 2012, 05:05 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

omg. #2 again. =((((((
Old 21st March 2012, 05:09 PM
walking proud Initiate

I don't know how much the lack of promo actually has do with it or not. Its true, I live in Tokyo and if not for AHS I wouldn't even know she had an album coming out. But the same could also have been said about FIVE and that actually sold pretty well for a mini album.

I think there are other reasons beyond promotion that are making even some of her fans not want to buy it. For one, the covers. Even the two more clothed shots don't look that appealing. Then there are the PVs that are at best OK. Two of them are actually terrible imo. Then there is the album itself. On first listen I actually really liked it, but now I find that there aren't very many tracks on it that actually really stand out and are memorable to me. I still like the album, but there is just nothing about it that is making me go "I must buy this now!"
Old 21st March 2012, 05:15 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I think there are other reasons beyond promotion that are making even some of her fans not want to buy it. For one, the covers. Even the two more clothed shots don't look that appealing
Yepp. The covers were the most shocking part for me. I thought dignity is a big deal especially in Japan, and then I see those covers, they look so degrading. They have the power to damage Ayumi's entire reputation if you ask me.
Old 21st March 2012, 05:34 PM
~ayu-cake~

This is the first time I'm really not bothered if she doesn't get the 1st spot... I honestly don't feel like this album deserves it. To put it into number 1 where her other great albums have been placed is almost a laugh... >.<
Old 21st March 2012, 05:40 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayu-cake~ View Post
I honestly don't feel like this album deserves it. To put it into number 1 where her other great albums have been placed is almost a laugh
+1

Old 21st March 2012, 05:46 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
ABC is the solo project of Janne Da Arc's main lead vocalist who everyone all knows him as yasu

JDA has been on indefinite hiatsu for the past few years & in place , ABC has been active since 2007

I'm an ABC fan & I wouldn't deny this but 2012 is really good , probably my fave album from him/them outta the other 2 albums he/they've released as I find BLACK LIST & Q.E.D. too dark for my liking X.X
Is Janne Da Arc the person who sung 'WILD FANG'? If so, how weird that I meet up with this singer again. All this time I was like, omfg gtfo out of 1st place, while I adore his work.
Old 21st March 2012, 05:46 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
I wonder if the iTunes release actually harmed the physical...since there was really no point in buying a cd when you bought purchase it earlier and cheaper(?)
thats what i find myself wondering. did people just go ahead and buy it on itunes, so then they didn't go buy it in stores?

although, a japanese friend of mine on facebook said she didn't buy it because japanese fans were on strike over getting 4 PVs.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 21st March 2012, 05:48 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ayu-cake~ View Post
This is the first time I'm really not bothered if she doesn't get the 1st spot... I honestly don't feel like this album deserves it. To put it into number 1 where her other great albums have been placed is almost a laugh... >.<
I feel similar. But these are the Oricon Charts. Quality doesn't matter. Just look at the yearly single charts 2011- boring and generic.
Old 21st March 2012, 05:52 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I don't know how much the lack of promo actually has do with it or not. Its true, I live in Tokyo and if not for AHS I wouldn't even know she had an album coming out.
Geez.. what the * are ayu and her staff thinking?
Old 21st March 2012, 05:52 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

WOW. just wow.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 21st March 2012, 05:53 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiceSquad! View Post
try to hear WHAT we as FANS want..

they just don't listen
How can they listen if every fan wants something else. Some want another I am... and MY STORY, others want her to do genre x or style y, others want her to do something completely new. She got closest to the last one this time around and that's always a gigantic risk. Just look at Madonna, her best albums tend to be her more experimental ones, yet the ones that sell crazily well are the "typical" Madonna ones. American Life -> flop, Confessions on a Dancefloor -> one of the biggest albums of the 00s.

I just want Ayumi to do what she wants to, if I don't like it I simply won't buy it, but expecting her to do what we want to would turn her into a marionette rather than an artist.
Old 21st March 2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiceSquad! View Post
let this be a lesson for her management..

1st ugly cover
2nd so-so video
3rd no promotion

and last one

try to hear WHAT we as FANS want..

they just don't listen
hmmm...

i guess she did listen, because i freaking love this album.

『Last minute』

Old 21st March 2012, 06:04 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsixthirty View Post
hmmm...

Me too, it's exactly the kind of album I hoped for. Well, I hope for her to do something we haven't had while still using some familiar elements and that's what Party Queen is. If I want more of the same I'll listen to 98% of the other J-Pop artists and the Ayu clones xD Especially the one with the supersized head who I won't name as to not start a flamewar.
Old 21st March 2012, 06:06 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Quote:
hmmm...

ME TOO

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 21st March 2012, 06:16 PM
GREEN Initiate

i like this album a lot... but I don't know.. i just think a lot of ayumi's fans are spoiled...
like, going on strike and not buying an album because of only 4 pv's... really?
And the covers... just get over it.
If you don't buy the album and call yourself a fan because of the covers... get over yourself.
I mean forget about the actually content (which is good to the most part), but the picture isnt pretty enough so im just going to pass.
Old 21st March 2012, 06:17 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
hmmm...

MEEEE TOOOO

-Afraid of Tell All chorus-

Old 21st March 2012, 06:28 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
although, a japanese friend of mine on facebook said she didn't buy it because japanese fans were on strike over getting 4 PVs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post

Seriously? ;o

The only artists I listen to who put more than one PV (if any) on an album are Ayu, Kumi and Namie. People should just be happy with what they're given.

edit: oh, and an cafe. I think they put multiple PVs on theirs too.

last.fm

Last edited by sinfonietta; 21st March 2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 21st March 2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
i like this album a lot... but I don't know.. i just think a lot of ayumi's fans are spoiled...
And the covers... just get over it.
If you don't buy the album and call yourself a fan because of the covers... get over yourself.
I mean forget about the actually content (which is good to the most part), but the picture isnt pretty enough so im just going to pass.
yeah, exactly.

honestly, i don't like the covers, especially THAT certain cover, and 2 of the 4 PVs are absolutely terrible...but who cares? the fact is, i buy an album for the music. i'll watch the PVs a handful of times, and only use the cover as album art in iTunes, but i'll listen to the songs over and over again. the songs are the important part, and she nailed it this time!

that and she doesn't owe us a bazillion PVs. i think 4 is actually quite ok, Ayu fans are just spoiled.

『Last minute』

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, oricon, party queen