Detailed report on CDL. I was there!!! - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 30th December 2007, 03:12 PM
Initiate

[Updated after 31/12 concert] Detailed report on CDL. I was there!!!

Some things I want to add after seeing her a second time.
- The opening black outfit has a gold corset.
- Peco introduced the guy dancers during the Ladies Night intro, this didn't happen last night.
- After Ladies Night when the boys and girls are teasing each other there is a really big bosomed girl in a tight black lycra suit and yellow wig that makes the boys faint.
- Ayu got teary during fated, only slightly. I was right at the back on the floor, when she turned her back to let Shuya do his stupid repetitive solo dance I clearly saw Ayu wipe her eyes a few times.
- The countdown DOES NOT come after the New Year Message. Its like this, New Years Message (I check my watch, 6 minutes to go, me and the person next to me joke about fake timing), and then she does the first 3/4 of RAINBOW, she does the countdown starting from 10, and then she sings the rest of RAINBOW which is the more upbeat part... I'm sure you guys know what I mean.
- Before the encore, the AyuReady video on the screen was different to last night, this one had a strong new years theme to it in some bits.
- During the encore she got every band member to say something and she hired a guest keyboardist for the first two songs it seems. Princess' voice sounds really polite and Peco is just BLEH.
- Oh, reminded me, Peco did a high kick.
- She cried during untitled ~for her~ again.

31/12 was amazing as well. I shouted out some things during quiet moments and I'm wondering if it was loud enough to be TV version. :p I got even closer to her this time but only when she went to the stage on the other end.

Hi guys, just got back to hotel after seeing Ayu. Firstly, the following IS the correct track list. I'll describe as much as I can.

my seat was on the fourth row of the first level right on the section closest to stage. I was like 10 meters away from Ayu when she went to stage left!

Let's start with the stage, which I'm sure is the stage for AT 2008.

It looks like a castle, four pillars on each side, all white, the walls are white and the curtains/doors where the dancers enter and exit are red. There is a catwalk that goes ALL THE WAY to the end and there is ANOTHER stage (b-stage) on the back and it is of course smaller. On the middle left of the stadium, there is an ever smaller stage, much like poker face from A-MUSEUM. On the middle right of the stage, there is a portable crane.

0.Starting Over
1.talkin' 2 myself
This has a a black outfit. Black top, black pants and black boots, she comes out from the upper level of the stage and eventually walks down the stairs, and then the stairs are removed (they are portable). Very awesome performance, everyone was nuts.

Band intro on the screens, similar to the one in AT 03-04.

2.STEP you
Ladies Night Intro (remixed)
3.Ladies Night (on the middle left stage)
This outfit is like schoolgirl outfit. The dancers are in school uniforms here. Ayu has a white top on with a red tartan skirt and white boots with red laces. STEP YOU choreography is similar to previous performances. One of the guy dancers shoe fell off when he did a cartwheel.

Then, the boys dance and the girls disappear, and then a minute later the girls and ayu appear on the middle left small stage and ayu starts singing Ladies Night, her vocal is quite bad in this imo. She has red handkerchief and choreography is similar to AT 06. At the end, the boys move to middle of catwalk and the boys and girls have danceoff!!! It was cool. At the very end Ayu THREW HER HANDKERCHIEF INTO THE CROWD. There was a struggle for at least two minutes in that section!!!

4.fated (b-stage on the other end of stadium)
5.Together When...

Both songs performed with a 12 piece orchestra who sit on upper level of main stage.

Now she has a white dress. The top is all silver sparkly, or glittery I should say, and the bottom is all white, and shaped like the bottom of Memorial address dress in AT 03-04. She is at the b-stage and Shuya does his crappy solo dance (I dislike him so bear with me)

When Together When... starts, she starts walking down the catwalk during verses and stops for chorus, and by the time she sings final chorus, she is back at main stage. The vocal for this was very good, vibrato was awesomeness.

Together When Outro
There is a chick who does a solo dance in the air while hanging on a string, like acrobatics in the air, like the people in Walking Proud AT05.

6. Decision
7.SURREAL (middle right crane)
8.Bold&Delicious

Red outfit, shiny leather-ish. Tight fitting, all red. This performance looks similar to the way Decision PV is executed. I don't like this song thaaat much so yeah lol.

SURREAL starts and she makes her way down to the middle right where there is a crane. A gate shoots up on the tiny square she is standing on so she doesnt fall over and the crane ascends and slowly spins around so people on the right can see her.

For B&D, she has same choreography as previous performances and it was really surprising to hear it. It really gets the crowd going.

Then you have the Ayu engrish message for the new year in 2008. lets walk hand in hand for 2008. it is a new starting point, she says, blah blah lol. There is no actual countdown like 15, 14, 13... 3,2,1 of course.

9.RAINBOW
10.evolution
11.Boys&Girls
12.glitter

White outfit. Resembles a white version of the opening outfit and the top is grittery. The dancers are all holding candles for RAINBOW.

When evolution starts the guys dance and the girls go backstage to change clothes and ayu puts on a grittery hat. Doing those arm actions during evolution is awesome!!! This song and B&G are all the same as before, and during B&G she revisits the b-stage briefly. (she does that on 1-2 other songs but I forgot which)

Glitter starts. Her microphone was turned on late for the first verse and the last chorus so like 1-2 seconds of each segment was inaudible lol. Sparkly things fall from the top of the stage during last segment. Ayu goes back inside.

ENCORE

MC
something abt christmas day, talking to yo-chan

1. untitled ~for her~ (ayu cries!!!!!!!!!)
2. Sotsugyou Shashin

I havent heard GUILTY yet, waiting for my copy, and I never listen to SS so this section was unfamiliar, but her vocal was good. And untitled will grow on me.

-MC- + Teaching of MY ALL choreography
3. +
4. Humming 7/4
5. MY ALL

Costume was white tour t-shirt, red tartan skirt, black tights, chucks with a tartan pattern.
MM... don't really know what to say lol. In MC she asked who else was coming tomorrow, and she joked that she was as well. And i THINK she joked about people coming tomorrow, maybe saying they were greedy? lol They were straight forward performances and I'm sure there was a dancers and band intro during this segment... or maybe it was another segment I forgot. MY ALL sounds like a good ending song, reminds me of replace, sort of, ish. lol. I dunno, only heard it once! The dance for it is quite easy to learn.

At the end when Ayu got everybody to shut up, i shouted out 'YOU ROCK MY WORLD'.

Well thats it!
Jerry

Last edited by HilaryDuffFanboy; 1st January 2008 at 03:54 AM.
Old 30th December 2007, 03:16 PM
Will Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HilaryDuffFanboy View Post
At the end when Ayu got everybody to shut up, i shouted out 'YOU ROCK MY WORLD'.

Maybe that'll make it onto the DVD.

This year's CDL sounds awesome compared to last year's. Thanks for sharing

Koda Kumi Concert Audio

Old 30th December 2007, 03:19 PM
immature Initiate

thank you very much for the report ^^ was this your first ayu concert, btw?
Old 30th December 2007, 03:20 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empry View Post
thank you very much for the report ^^ was this your first ayu concert, btw?
yes it was.
i'm going tomorrow as well. but i'm right at the back on floor level
Old 30th December 2007, 03:24 PM
immature Initiate

I see, have even more fun tomorrow, dear ^_^
If you compare this concert with the other CDLs and tours, which rank would you give it?
Old 30th December 2007, 03:24 PM
independent Initiate

You are so lucky TToTT
Old 30th December 2007, 03:29 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

wow sounds like another A MUSEUM for ASIA TOUR!!!

but i believe this is a good concert thanks for the report!!
Old 30th December 2007, 03:29 PM
November Initiate

OMG! THANK YOU!
I'm statisfied with this trackinglist! I really wanna see this concert the outfits sound really kawaii (especially the STEP you/Ladies Night one) to me!

Oh and I envy you

| Set by me |

I love Stargate SG-1 even more now! Cuz in episode 9x12 there was a person called
Dr. Amuro

Old 30th December 2007, 03:30 PM
Initiate

Quote:
I see, have even more fun tomorrow, dear ^_^
If you compare this concert with the other CDLs and tours, which rank would you give it?
Personally, it's best CDL. Maybe because I was there, but also because she did STEP you and B&D, my fave ayu songs. The stage was the best ever for a CDL so far as well. Full of surprises. The costumes were a bit lacking in some of them, like when she wears boring pants, those are trademark CDL costumes, she'd never wear them for an AT.

I'd rank it above all the tours before 2003.
Old 30th December 2007, 03:31 PM
austin. ♥

Yay! Bold & Delicious! :3
Old 30th December 2007, 03:31 PM
Replace Initiate

you are so lucky!!
It looks amazing !!
I wish I could go...
My ALL sounds definitly good for an ending song
I can't wait to see that on DVD !!!

My Lj♥ || ayumi hamasaki || hitomilove[dot]com

Old 30th December 2007, 03:32 PM
until that Day… Initiate

woww..wish to be there..
can't wait to see the outfits..
Old 30th December 2007, 03:34 PM
End roll Initiate

GOSH!! dude.. THIS CDL!! sounds sooo cool!!! lookin' back the othere CDL!! it sounds more like a ARENA TOUR GUILTY!! hahahaha. Can't want to see photos... !!!

Thx u for tellin' us!

Do you believe in DREAMS?
I do.

www.backstreetboys.com

Old 30th December 2007, 03:34 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I don't think that's the stage for ASIA TOUR 2008.
It's too simple for such a big celebration. I think Ayu will have another stage for ASIA TOUR 2008.
Old 30th December 2007, 03:35 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

OMG! She sang lots of her new&rare songs!!!
Old 30th December 2007, 03:35 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

DECISION???? Did she sing it???? I WANNA HEAR!!!!!

Thanks to Yurin-Kama for this cute set!
last.fm | Faye Wong Music Thread

Old 30th December 2007, 03:38 PM
KaoriNeko

It really sounds like she went all out for a CDL.
I wish I was able to go...
Have fun tomorrow too!
Old 30th December 2007, 03:38 PM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HilaryDuffFanboy View Post
Personally, it's best CDL. Maybe because I was there, but also because she did STEP you and B&D, my fave ayu songs. The stage was the best ever for a CDL so far as well. Full of surprises. The costumes were a bit lacking in some of them, like when she wears boring pants, those are trademark CDL costumes, she'd never wear them for an AT.

I'd rank it above all the tours before 2003.
Thanks for you answer. Btw, I still can't believe that she wore a skirt for the encore O_O
Old 30th December 2007, 03:39 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Thanks for you answer. Btw, I still can't believe that she wore a skirt for the encore O_O
She had black tights on so she didn't show any leg. I'm pretty sure I mentioned that....
Old 30th December 2007, 03:40 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Bold & Delicious.... YAYYY!!!!!