COUNTDOWN LIVE 2010-2011 A ~do it again~ Live Broadcast - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 24th December 2010, 07:17 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

If TV version is paied, they can't just put it for free on the internet... they would be screwing it up with themselves and with the agreement they have with that TV channel...

It's the same thing as Ayu putting her album to download while it can be downloaded on mp3 services... She can't make something that will start an unfair competition with her own business...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 24th December 2010, 07:22 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It's not necessarily the case, I think. I mean all of her PVs are on sale in some way, shape, or form and every single one of them was put up in their entirety on YouTube at some point in late 2009 before being taken down.
Old 24th December 2010, 09:43 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
It's not necessarily the case, I think. I mean all of her PVs are on sale in some way, shape, or form and every single one of them was put up in their entirety on YouTube at some point in late 2009 before being taken down.
That was before they started the whole short ver. thingy >_> While they do that for some other artists like AAA, the majority of other avex artists have their full PVs up, but I guess they still air the full versions on TV later. I think that it is because Ayu's PV tend to at least chart really well on iTunes and Recochoku in their respective categories.

I agree, hopefully there will be enough people from Japan tuning in to the broadcast to make up for the lack of OS fans.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 25th December 2010, 01:13 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

But PVs are for promotional reasons... "promotional videos"...

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 25th December 2010, 02:03 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

i think the real problem with the broadcast is that its not LIVE. if it were live i think more fans would be willing to pay money to see it.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 25th December 2010, 02:34 AM
until that Day… Initiate

^ yeaa, i think it's true, if it's LIVE, fans would be willing to pay..coz we can enjoy the countdown at the exact same time with everyone in Japan and with Ayu..
but if it's played 3 hours after it's just weird...
Old 25th December 2010, 03:18 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think there was probably an issue with streaming the concert along with showing it live on TV. Otherwise, it most likely would have been live.
Old 25th December 2010, 03:51 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I wasn't really criticizing her ^^ she does what she can. It's avex's call in the end. I do agree that it's sad the whole thing will fail, I guess in the end it all will seem as a big misunderstanding and I am just afraid that in the future they will think twice before doing stuff for international fans.
I know right. Sometimes I feel we are demanding so much from her, but not as willing to give anything back unless every single thing is done to our liking (like the "I must have awesome covers and no fish lips anywhere and no interludes and not so many ballads and very cheap price and good free gifts or else I will just illegally download this album muaha" kinda thing). Hope this doesn't spoil avex's image of us on Twitter, they could very well ask her not to take anymore so-called "random" suggestions from fans, and that would suck, because good things still come out of that ie ayutrance 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyUmIXx View Post
^ yeaa, i think it's true, if it's LIVE, fans would be willing to pay..coz we can enjoy the countdown at the exact same time with everyone in Japan and with Ayu..
but if it's played 3 hours after it's just weird...
Lol actually if I had to choose I would pick the later timing. That TV channel shows it live, true, but the editing is also really really bad. Just watch last year's CDL TV version. Her voice was actually pretty alright when I was there live, but she sounded darn atrocious on the TV version, I can't even bear listening to it. Not sure what they did (or didn't do), but I hope they don't do it again this year.

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Last edited by Misa-chan; 25th December 2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old 25th December 2010, 04:50 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I kind of feel like the online streaming will be of the TV version anyway since it'll mean that they can just use footage they've already broadcast/filmed for the TV... and I think last year was a terrible mixing board job or something. It was just like... what the heck happened?!
Old 25th December 2010, 04:55 AM
JEWEL Initiate

If the Japanese pay to see it live at the concert or on TV, I don't see why any foreign fan with a brain would think Avex wouldn't charge us as well just because Utada didn't. And yes, it takes time to pull strings to get a free concert because SOMEONE has to pay for it regardless. And I think within such a short time this is the best they could do. Stop looking to other artists as an example of what Ayu should do.

Utada is going on hiatus, she won't be back for a while, she's performed and released albums abroad (in English no less) and she had plenty of time to make a free stream happen so it would make sense for her to have it for her international fans. That doesn't mean Ayu/Avex should snap their fingers for their over-demanding international fans within weeks time to make everyone's wishes come true for free. (Yes, we can be demanding and you know it. We may not express it to them all the time but all the *****ing around here is enough to show how demanding we truly are).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsixthirty View Post
i think the real problem with the broadcast is that its not LIVE. if it were live i think more fans would be willing to pay money to see it.
I can agree with this, the show should at least be live. But since they didn't have a lot of time to put it together I don't think it's that big of a deal. If they know that this method is popular and Ayu's CDL's are in high demand overseas they'll make an effort to stream it live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan View Post
I know right. Sometimes I feel we are demanding so much from her, but not as willing to give anything back unless every single thing is done to our liking (like the "I must have awesome covers and no fish lips anywhere and no interludes and not so many ballads and very cheap price and good free gifts or else I will just illegally download this album muaha" kinda thing). Hope this doesn't spoil avex's image of us on Twitter, they could very well ask her not to take anymore so-called "random" suggestions from fans, and that would suck, because good things still come out of that ie ayutrance 4.
I agree, I hope the selfishness of a few doesn't ruin opportunities for all in the future! Twitter has opened doors for us and if fans aren't careful those doors will shut back up again. -____-; Even worse, Avex may think foreign fans aren't worth the time because we're not willing to pay for what we ask for. I'm not saying we should all shove out the cash over every little thing but at the same time, when you ask for something be ready to pay for it one way or another. Nothing in life is free, especially with Avex xD;
Old 25th December 2010, 05:07 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
she had plenty of time to make a free stream happen so it would make sense for her to have it for her international fans.
To be honest, I think rather than time, Utada's free concert was partially thanks to her and daddy's (Teruzane's) wallets... it's one thing to be a successful artist with money, but I think it's another thing to have two hugely successful parents as well. As far as I know, he's the one who has been answering a ton of fan questions on Twitter regarding Utada's career and the material behind it as opposed to Utada herself. (which is kind of... odd imo)
Old 25th December 2010, 05:08 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
To be honest, I think rather than time, Utada's free concert was partially thanks to her and daddy's (Teruzane's) wallets... it's one thing to be a successful artist with money, but I think it's another thing to have two hugely successful parents as well. As far as I know, he's the one who has been answering a ton of fan questions on Twitter regarding Utada's career and the material behind it as opposed to Utada herself. (which is kind of... odd imo)
Ah! I see... So it wasn't even her record company lol. No wonder xD;
Old 25th December 2010, 05:11 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Ah! I see... So it wasn't even her record company lol. No wonder xD;
I don't know for sure if it was EMI or her parents solely or anything, but it's been weird to me that Teruzane's been the one to answer all questions regarding when a DVD/footage will come out for some world tour or information about the different concerts and not Utada. Originally (according to him), the plan was to have a ton of small concerts in halls or something but it was way too late to do something like that so they decided on the two days at Yokohama AND the cinema screening AND the online streaming. Just speculation on my part, haha.
Old 25th December 2010, 05:18 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
I don't know for sure if it was EMI or her parents solely or anything, but it's been weird to me that Teruzane's been the one to answer all questions regarding when a DVD/footage will come out for some world tour or information about the different concerts and not Utada. Originally (according to him), the plan was to have a ton of small concerts in halls or something but it was way too late to do something like that so they decided on the two days at Yokohama AND the cinema screening AND the online streaming. Just speculation on my part, haha.
Either way it worked out nicely for them xD; Ayu should dump Mannie and get a rich sugar daddy!
Old 25th December 2010, 05:28 AM
July 1st Initiate

First post updated with instructions on how to buy UStream tickets!!

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Old 25th December 2010, 06:37 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan View Post
LOL, I'll never understand people like that. I've been pre-ordering Ayu's albums since Secret (or was it GUILTY) and have never canceled my order because of the covers or the number of interludes And I pray I don't get any gifts cuz I don't wanna pay the customs/taxes but yeah I get what you're saying. If I was earning more atm I'd prolly pay for the stream just to support the cause (or if it was cheaper), but this way there isn't much I can do, bu wait for the TV ver. to be uploaded.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 25th December 2010, 11:54 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Thank you Misa-chan!! I bought my ticket.
I figure that if avex really sees an international interest in things they this, they will give us more options. Maybe an actual live show next time? Or something like that.
It could just be a waste of money, but I really want to support Ayu. Didn't we beg her for a Ustream show, and now we don't want it because it's not free and not live? I'm sure avex pulled a lot of strings for this to happen, and I want to make sure it's at least somewhat successful, so they won't feel like they're wasting time for Ayu fans.
Now I just need to figure out exactly what time it will air for me. If I'm in California, would it be 10:00am on New Years Eve? I'm not positive.

Edit: Never mind, got the time! Here's a really handy time converter: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/conve...1&d=1&h=3&mn=0

Old 25th December 2010, 12:29 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Thanks Misa-chan! I think I'm going to purchase a ticket, too.

ayu tumblr last.fm personal tumblr

Old 25th December 2010, 04:33 PM
And Then Initiate

If only all the pages were in English...oh well. XD Thanks, Misa!
Old 25th December 2010, 05:16 PM
BALLAD Initiate

i would have bought the ticket... if only if it is NOT broadcasting at 3am in singapore! i have to work the next day, and i would be in bad state without sleep.

OMG! if only it is live, i would bought it without thinking so much. i can sleep at 2am, but NOT AT 5am!!!

hmm... what to do????????

My Instagram

Tags
cdl10-11, countdown live 2010-2011, do it again, love songs, ustream