[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~A SUMMER BEST~ - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th August 2012, 08:45 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKARI View Post
well, actually it sells normally. there was almost NO promotion for this album. yes, we have 2 billboards in Shibuya, 2 buses riding in SHibuya, 3 magazines released with her on the cover and only one tv-live. is it enough to make it sell well? I doubt so. I'm in Tokyo now and I hoped to hear You & Me in the shops and etc., but all I hear is LOVE CHASE by Yamapi, Kaze ga fuiteru by Ikimonogakari, Gingham Check by AKB and ANDROID by Tohoshinki. also some new songs from Kuwata Keisuke. that's all. no ayu. no ayu at all! I heard her songs only in Rainbow House.

oh, and I saw the CM of ASB on TV right after she performed on FNS.

idk, but nobody actually cares about this Best. and btw, I've seen SMAP's new album ads in conbini and other places. I also saw lots of billboards of Kuwata Keisuke's new album.

I believe, that if there was more promotion, this album would sell well. Ayu herself and avex.. I guess, they don't care about sales and no.1 strike anymore.

even if tv-programmes don't invite her anymore, I'm sure she could perform there if she wanted to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
ayumi is going the way of Seiko..
she was always be making music, but its only natural for her not to be on top for forever.
I agree on these two. I think her run for going at the top is already long enough, give the others a chance! And based on the trends surrounding the Japanese pop music, we're far off away from the peak now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chu-lips View Post
ayu used to be known for her remarkable marketing strategy in Japan
it was written in many articles
she used to be called as an avex product

but since 2010 her marketing team starts going down hill in promoting ayu

many Japanese people had been tired of her n starts leaving her..

n as i remember correctly
tv station doesn't blacklist her
i remember when ayu tweeted when she released FIVE she got many invitation from tv station but she end up not performing anywhere...
Yeah, this is quite something that I am missing now... Ayu performing on TV shows very barely... (and I still haven't watched her FNS performance yet!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jang-kun View Post
I agree with the promos. Her last well promoted album was RnRC. Love songs barely made it because of the 50th single anniversary project but without those that album could have been flopped. FIVE we got ToX tie in, some CMs, some billboards, that's all. And I don't want to elaborate about Party Queen.
Agreed as well
Old 13th August 2012, 11:26 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

6th Day
Position: #3
Sales: 5,660

Total 6 day sales - 79,795

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2012-08-12/

ASB's 1st week sales will be slightly higher than the NINKI no. given (79.90) but still , this's really unfortunate

A best album should have sold more than a studio album & not the opposite D:

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 13th August 2012, 11:31 AM
YOU Initiate

i really missing SECRET, NEXT LEVEL AND ROCK N ROLL CIRCUS era !!!
Old 13th August 2012, 11:58 AM
End of the World Initiate

AegyoPOP ♦ Asian music downloads
Old 13th August 2012, 02:41 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ couple years late for that...
Old 13th August 2012, 02:52 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

looks like this is the end of the road...my only hope for her get back to popularity is through A BEST 3...

i will be more realistic from now on...i keep my faith on her...i still see her fans love her...and still well known (i know this when i took a picture in front of Rimmel poster, many people saw that and said...ooo..ayumi...ayumi).

It's hard to stay on top...but Namie can back to the top...i don't see why Ayu can't do that...

ASB not doing that bad, but really-really low for my expectation...to see the number...is really hard to accept..very sad...just so sad...

i love you, Ayu...i will keep support you no matter what..

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Last edited by AyuGAME; 13th August 2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 13th August 2012, 03:17 PM
Far away Initiate

People actually want a single.
Old 13th August 2012, 05:06 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
6th Day
Position: #3
Sales: 5,660

Total 6 day sales - 79,795

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2012-08-12/

ASB's 1st week sales will be slightly higher than the NINKI no. given (79.90) but still , this's really unfortunate

A best album should have sold more than a studio album & not the opposite D:
Yeah, this is quite unfortunate...

The recent trends of ayu (over the past year or two) has recently made me focus too less of her and more of Sayuri Sugawara/miwa/Leo Ieiri/AKB48 for me...
Old 13th August 2012, 06:13 PM
GREEN Initiate

the sad part is because she hasnt released a single in two years!!
TWO YEARS!
I cant believe it...
she must be planning something big for her 15th anny.
Old 13th August 2012, 06:55 PM
Lelio Protector

I wouldn't expect more than A BEST 3 hahaha XD
Old 13th August 2012, 06:55 PM
I am... Initiate

Or maybe she just doesn't see a point in releasing singles anymore. Come to think of it, the only reason to release singles is promotion really. She's proven to us that without singles, she can release much more cohensive (-> better) albums.
Old 13th August 2012, 07:34 PM
No way to say Initiate

Maybe people don't want to buy the same songs they own over singles, multiple bests and albums...
Old 13th August 2012, 07:57 PM
Because of You Initiate

Don't people get it? This is a Kuu-style COMPLETELY unnecessary best album, just like A COMPLETE. That's the reason this isn't selling well. Sure, promotion comes into play too, but I've seen a lot more for this album than I did for Party Queen. Party Queen had a few tiny billboards and that was it. But still, this is a complete waste of time. Ayu's my favorite singer and I have absolutely no desire to buy this, and I doubt it's gonna grab casuals either, because chances are they have most of these songs already as well. If they don't, they can always get the other bests for much cheaper used or something.

There's no need to say "this is the end for Ayu" based on this album's sales. It's obvious her popularity has declined, but everyone still knows her. How long exactly does anyone expect her to have stayed on top? Even Britney Spears can't sell as well as some newer, more popular artists now (and I think she debuted around the same time as Ayu). Her sales have gradually declined, and they'll keep declining, with a few decent hits here and there. She isn't going to have a million (or even 500k) selling single or album again. But what does it matter? We don't listen to her for her sales. She's going to keep making music probably for at least another 10 years, so I don't think anyone needs to panic...unless of course the music goes to **** (which, apart from FIVE, it hasn't).

Old 13th August 2012, 07:58 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Promotional tracks have the same promotional potential of a single.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 13th August 2012, 08:10 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Maybe if Ayu were to release a single...
Old 13th August 2012, 09:39 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ yes.
Old 13th August 2012, 11:01 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

I don't think she needs singles.

Why should she?

When you think about it, singles barely even make sense. Why buy something just for a few songs? And considering how much Japan loves to download everything...where's the incentive?

It's just for her fan base of collectors now.

Anyway. I really don't understand why people keep saying this is "A BEST". No, it's not really. It's not the same. It's a summer best. It might as well be like Koda's summer remix album. It's just a mix of summer songs.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 13th August 2012, 11:10 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ Thats what I said about the "best." This isnt the best of her disco. its the best of her summer hits.

Anyways... the the whole single debate is mainly because the Japanese public loves singles.
May it be physical or digitial, I think singles keep people fresh in their minds.
I mean, look at AKB and their sister acts.
Or all the boy acts.
Singles are very relevant in the Japanese society.
Old 13th August 2012, 11:19 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

They are, but they're becoming less so for anyone who isn't immediately popular.

They're going to have to address one day, that there are very few groups selling well with singles, and even less solo artists.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 13th August 2012, 11:25 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post
They're going to have to address one day, that there are very few groups selling well with singles, and even less solo artists.
I think you could say the ones doing well with singles are mainly the ones known for "obsessive" fans, especially otaku fans. And especially the ones that use promotional tricks like "buy one to vote for your favorite member!". Nana Mizuki has seen a rise in single sales rather than a decline and is now one of the bestselling solo females in that area - and it's obvious a big part are her otaku fans. AKB48 are ****ing gigantic - and they seem to almost only have otaku fans and use promotional tricks like crazy to promote buying several copies of the same single.
That's how you sell singles now. To hardcore fans and by making them feel they need to buy them - not to casual listeners, you sell downloads to casual listeners - and you can usually download every song of an album individually, hence little need for singles when you have promotional songs.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a summer best, oricon, you & me