[Miliyah Kato] Be her LOVERS in ♥ thread #5 - Page 27 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd February 2014, 11:17 AM
Heartplace Initiate

^ "Masterpiece" doesn't necessarily mean "one of the best ever made", the word can also be used to describe the best work of a particular artist. So, again, I don't think she was trying to say LOVELAND is one of the best albums in the world so much as her own personal biggest accomplishment ^^
Old 23rd February 2014, 01:29 PM
still alone Initiate

^ The word can be used as to "describe the best work of a particular artist" only if it's used that way. Just saying that it's a masterpiece generally just means that: "one of the best albums made ever." The word "masterpiece" shouldn't be used so lightly, especially not by artists when describing their own albums, at least in my opinion. But anyway, I'll still see it the way you wrote it.

Edit: Ironically I think this is her worst album. Which doesn't say much because I really love all of her albums. Though I'd put LOVELAND last on my list of favorites.

Last edited by Chiharo; 23rd February 2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 23rd February 2014, 01:36 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Remember that she was celebrating the conclusion of months of work. It's pretty clear to me that she was referring to LOVELAND as a masterpiece in that sense, ie the accomplishment of many months of work. There's no competition, and even if there was, it would be among her other works.
You guys are reading WAY TOO MUCH into that particular line. If you're used to reading her blog, you would understand that she's not the kind of person to brag about her work in that way.

That being said, I'll be opening the next thread in a few minutes
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119451

KUMONOITO.NETDEVIANTART.COMTWITTER

Last edited by Utena; 23rd February 2014 at 01:44 PM.
Closed Thread