About the "Previously Unreleased Version" remix CDs - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 14th August 2006, 12:27 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

About the "Previously Unreleased Version" remix CDs

Okay, so I got two of these out of the four (Thunderpuss and Junior Vasquez). I heard that these discs were extremely rare (about 10,000 in print) and that they are pretty much worth whatever the buyer is willing to buy it at.

I was curious though since I was thinking about selling them (I don't really like the remixes that much and I'm not that big of an Ayu fan) on ebay but I wasn't sure about how much to charge. Like anybody who wants to sell rare stuff, I want to make a profit out of this (sorry for being blunt but I'm only human) so I was curious what price do you think it would be a profitable decent buy?

thanks!

BTW: The Thunderpuss one is unopened from what I can tell. So does that raise the price even more?
Old 14th August 2006, 02:08 AM
Together When... H-Initiate

If the Thunderpuss one is unopened (meaning it's in "mint" condition right?) then the price should be set a little higher than the other CD.

If you're going to sell on eBay, I suggest you put up a decent starting price for those CDs....I'd say, start around $15 for them. Sellers want to make profit, but buyers want to find a good deal. If a buyer believes these CDs are very valuable, they will bid up the price if they need to.
Old 14th August 2006, 02:22 AM
Replace Initiate

Unopened CDs are usually worth more but it DOES depend 100% on the market. If there aren't alot of willing buyers at any given time, it's virtually worthless. OTOH, if there are people willing to pay alot for it, then it's a seller's market and you can pretty much get whatever you ask. Unfortunately, right now it's kind of a dead market (at Yahoo! Auctions japan, it's $5 for one, $8 for two, $10 for all of two through four...)

Also, the first one (Hex Hector) is the only one limited to 10,000; the other three are limited to about 50,000 copies each (The full set of all 4 including this one is actually going for 14,800 yen, which is about $148. Big jump from $10 for just two through three.)

You'd probably have to check ebay... these are alot harder to find in the USA, so the prices might be higher, but I've been a CD collector for years and I've never seen the market as dead as it is now. It'll probably depend on luck... put it up when no one else is selling it and you might have better luck.
Old 14th August 2006, 02:36 AM

^ Things *are* pretty dead right now, I agree o_o A few weeks ago the eBay search for Ayu was close to 8 pages....right now it's barely at 4 pages...aye. o_o; Maybe some buyers are taking a break because of back-to-school stuff (kids, students, parents, etc.) o_o
Old 14th August 2006, 03:11 AM
Replace Initiate

That's probably a big part of it... it'll hop up again just after halloween though, since people will start selling things to make money for christmas, and some people will start getting early xmas shopping done. I'd wait till then.
Old 14th August 2006, 05:20 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Thanks for the replies, I'll wait until the market becomes more favorable.

I have no experience selling anything online so it'll be a bit awkward for me to sell something like this without any advice so I appreciate the advice you guys gave me.

While I'm here in Japan I'll definitely be on the look out for the other two since I found it at a Book-Off for almost next to nothing. The Junior Vasquez one was opened but it had a plastic cover, and the Thunderpuss one isn't opened from what I can tell.

Right now I'll just keep the CDs and wait on it. Thanks again! ^^;;
Old 14th August 2006, 06:12 AM

No problem; hope that whenever you DO sell them, that you'll get good money for them
Old 14th August 2006, 08:31 AM
July 1st Initiate

Tetsuhiko how much do you ask for the Thunderpuss ^^?
Old 14th August 2006, 09:19 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu1m View Post
Tetsuhiko how much do you ask for the Thunderpuss ^^?
That, haha, I'm not sure about just yet. I'll let anybody know if I'm selling them on ebay or otherwise, but right now I'm just going to hold on to them! ^^;; Sorry!
Old 14th August 2006, 09:25 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Be aware that Book-off sells only 2nd hand material. Although an item may look like its still wrapped, it might've just been rewrapped. There is a chance, however, that the first owner bought it but never opened it and sold it to book-off. It's seriously hard to tell at times because you can get some awfully minty items at book-off...

Old 14th August 2006, 03:53 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiruNoKaze View Post
Be aware that Book-off sells only 2nd hand material. Although an item may look like its still wrapped, it might've just been rewrapped. There is a chance, however, that the first owner bought it but never opened it and sold it to book-off. It's seriously hard to tell at times because you can get some awfully minty items at book-off...
Thanks for the heads up, I really appreciate it. Yeah I was wondering about that because I was like "um...this can't be new!" and I was hoping it wasn't new because then I could open it and listen to it. But I do remember it being packaged like that when it was new (I saw it at abook store when it was first released).
Old 14th August 2006, 06:22 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Well it is POSSIBLE it's new...if you're sure that the wrapping is exactly the same as what you remember of the new one you saw in the bookstore, put it up to the light and try to look for scratches and whatnot underneath the wrapping.