[Namie Amuro] The 103rd Thread - WE ♥ NAMIE FOREVER - - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 31st July 2023, 10:48 AM
Because of You Initiate

People always say stuff like this, not to blame the tech or whatever, but I’m gonna blame the tech and it’s availability for that just as much as the people who do it.. If you don’t regulate this crap, it will get out if control. I’m not saying to ban it, I’m saying to put in regulations and things that would make this harder to do and less accessible. It doesn’t matter if it’s a celeb or a regular human, it’s wrong and shouldn’t happen either way. Just because it’s been around doesn’t mean it’s fine. People are so desensitised to things these days they don’t care about anything as long as it doesn’t affect their wellbeing.
Old 31st July 2023, 01:02 PM
Two of us Initiate

I definitely agree with you. I haven't seen what you mentioned on Instagram, but someone on YouTube was using AI to remake her voice... And how disrespectful. If Namie wanted to sing other artists' songs, then she would've released a cover album. People have no shame nowadays.
Old 5th August 2023, 03:06 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilence View Post
People always say stuff like this, not to blame the tech or whatever, but I’m gonna blame the tech and it’s availability for that just as much as the people who do it.. If you don’t regulate this crap, it will get out if control. I’m not saying to ban it, I’m saying to put in regulations and things that would make this harder to do and less accessible. It doesn’t matter if it’s a celeb or a regular human, it’s wrong and shouldn’t happen either way. Just because it’s been around doesn’t mean it’s fine. People are so desensitised to things these days they don’t care about anything as long as it doesn’t affect their wellbeing.
*Shrug*

You can create all sorts of regulations that are intended to let you sleep easy at night, but that's still security theater. History has shown it becomes almost impossible to enforce such regulations in any meaningful way once a technology is out there, no matter how hard you stomp your foot in disagreement. At that stage, regulations only impede those who have a legitimate use for it (like, an artist's own photographer?)
Old 16th November 2023, 01:56 AM
YOU Initiate

Do you guys know that Namie is gone from Apple Music and some japanese people on X are saying they can't find her on Spotify either? Her Finally Tour and 25th Okinawa albums and her profile picture are gone for me on Spotify too (as of november 15th). Why?
Old 16th November 2023, 02:49 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Knowing Avex they will do some nonsense as deleting all of their discography all of sudden and reupload it months later with reseted listening counts lol

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 16th November 2023, 04:28 AM
Initiate

Yeah, I've been seeing fans freaking out on Twitter all day today.
Pretty much all but a few collaboration tracks have disappeared on Apple Music.

Her discography still shows up for me on Spotify thankfully (except for Finally), but who knows if it'll disappear soon too.

Edit:

Okay, it's all gone for me now too.

Last edited by haraiso; 16th November 2023 at 06:43 AM.
Old 16th November 2023, 06:27 AM
YOU Initiate

For me, now it's all gone but Fish and Come. The rest is all offline.
I don't think it's an Avex move, because Namie's own songs (those after 2014) are out too :\
That's really sad
Old 16th November 2023, 06:33 AM
Initiate

Wow, it's definitely not some sort of error or glitch.

Her YouTube has been wiped and all those 1min music video clips are gone/privated now too.
Old 16th November 2023, 07:08 AM
Two of us Initiate

Damn. I bought all of her music, so it doesn't really affect me personally, but it's sad to see everything just up and disappear with no warning.

I wonder what's going on? Was it only like a contract for a few years and it expired?

Edit:

Wow, I just checked and they've even taken off her music from Apple for buying as well. What in the world?

Last edited by ShiniTakashi; 16th November 2023 at 07:27 AM.
Old 16th November 2023, 07:33 AM
Initiate

It's definitely really strange.

Even if there was some rights issue with her older songs, she owns everything from 2013 onwards so there shouldn't be a problem with any of those.

Her YouTube being wiped without any warning is a huge mystery too. I remember when she first announced her retirement, her YouTube being deleted was part of the plan and they gave a warning as to when it'd be deleted. But due to immense pleading by fans, they decided to keep it open. So it's really strange that they'd just suddenly wipe everything without warning this time.
Old 16th November 2023, 07:48 AM
Two of us Initiate

Very strange indeed.
I'm not sure what the reasoning behind it is. Even without releasing anything new, she was still getting over 1 million listeners on Spotify every month.

The whole music being unavailable to purchase on iTunes baffles me the most.

Someone joked that maybe she's preparing to make a comeback, but we all know that'll never happen.
Old 16th November 2023, 03:20 PM
YOU Initiate

Is this being talked on Japan press and fandom too or it's something just her fans have realized?
Old 16th November 2023, 04:03 PM
Initiate

It's all gone for me as well...Japan iTunes and North America iTunes. The only stuff still on there are the collaborations and Dance Tracks Vol 1. Wonder what's going on...
Old 16th November 2023, 04:57 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

OMG Namie's discography has also been deleted on AWA (Avex Streaming Service).
AWA is bigger than Spotify in Japan.

This is too sad she's one of the big reasons I pay the streaming fee

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 16th November 2023, 10:03 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddypii View Post
Is this being talked on Japan press and fandom too or it's something just her fans have realized?
It's been trending since it happened, and this article has over 1500 comments

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/28...be382f5571ea83

There's one rumor that said "according to sources, they are reviewing the contract and reorganizing her library/deleting duplicate songs", but no official word yet.
Old 16th November 2023, 11:41 PM
Two of us Initiate

That's still such a strange thing to do even if it's true.
Did she have duplicate songs? Her discography seemed fine to me.
Plus removing YouTube doesn't make sense either way you look at it.
Old 17th November 2023, 05:45 AM
Initiate

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2302929/

Oricon is echoing that everything was removed due to catalogue reorganization and reviewing all the contracts.

So everything should hopefully be back up when they're done.
Old 18th November 2023, 02:28 AM
YOU Initiate

I saw that Janet Jackson and TLC will make a show together in Japan next year... and some fans here are saying that there's 100% chance for Namie to attend it. I really really REALLY wish someone could photograph her so we can make sure she's alive and well.... but I know japanese people respect and will not do it :\
Old 22nd November 2023, 04:51 PM
Depend on you Initiate

It's not everyday that Namie Amuro gets covered in Western media, especially not years after she retired...

The Daily Mail ran a piece and Vice ran a TikTok re: Namie's music disappearing
Old 27th November 2023, 05:12 PM
walking proud Initiate

Yeah, this is quite strange. My guess is that at her retirement there was a five year contract or something in place and now it has lapsed. Very, very strange that it's not renewing immediately and whatnot. Though, maybe they are renogotiating all contracts?? Could be a positive thing becuase if you notice anytime clips shows try to show Namie it's almost exclusively from concert footage. Like there's something wonky with the rights to her tv performances as well.

Tags
namie amuro