Slow AHS loading times - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 13th October 2004, 01:49 PM
poker face Initiate

Slow AHS loading times

To those using dial-up, does it take like ages for you to just load a page on AHS? Cos my average connection clocks in at 41.2Kbps, and still it takes like a few minutes, sometimes even 5 mins, to just load a page, even without other windows open. It's lucky I have my uni library broadband to fall back to, if not i wouldn't have the patience to visit AHS at home. Does any1 else have the same prob, or issit just my crappy connection??
Old 13th October 2004, 02:54 PM
End of the World Initiate

If you want quick loading, use the drop down menu at the bottom left hand corner to change the view to 'mobile alabama'. Dont expect it to look pretty though

With the generous sig/avatar sizes here and not much enforcement on keeping sizes down, you are gonna have to put up wih slow loading I am afraid
Old 13th October 2004, 03:25 PM
girlish H-Initiate

You can go into your control panel and disable avatars and signatures in posts (under options) that should help a lot. You could also disable IMG tages, but that probably won't help with average threads. Like kel said, there is the mobile alabama skin, but I'd try disabling the avatars and sigs first and see how that works for you.
Old 13th October 2004, 09:51 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ăngelu§
To those using dial-up, does it take like ages for you to just load a page on AHS? Cos my average connection clocks in at 41.2Kbps, and still it takes like a few minutes, sometimes even 5 mins, to just load a page, even without other windows open. It's lucky I have my uni library broadband to fall back to, if not i wouldn't have the patience to visit AHS at home. Does any1 else have the same prob, or issit just my crappy connection??
Its ok to me.. lol coz im a cable user.. maybe it is due to ur connection

Old 21st October 2004, 05:14 AM
Evolution Xavier

Again it's advisable not to use dial-ups when browsing AHS. Since you might take a few hours surfing and making posts, making dial-ups not cost-effective.

Why not using TM-Net's streamyx program when you can have it at 384kbps per second, while only have pay RM88 per month, unlimited usage?

Old 25th October 2004, 01:17 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

I've got dial up and it use to take forever to see pages. I turned off avatars and signatures and it helps significantly. I connect at 49.33k.
Old 1st November 2004, 07:15 AM
poker face Initiate

Yeah, thanks guys for your tips. Tried turning off the avatars and sigs and now the pages load faster. I didn't know that the avatars could slow down the loading times that significantly.. Yay, can enjoy AHS at home now, heheh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac hiew
Why not using TM-Net's streamyx program when you can have it at 384kbps per second, while only have pay RM88 per month, unlimited usage?
1stly, not in Malaysia at the mo. 2nd, cannot afford...
Old 2nd November 2004, 01:28 PM
Mirror Initiate

indeed ahs is sometimes long to load..i use 3mbps and i find the loading time less than satisfactory..not that i am complaining though..it is just a statement