[News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- - Page 13 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 31st March 2019, 04:42 AM
ayu trance Initiate

During the Nakano Sun Plaza concert for the Trouble Tour there was a line for "guests" and the staff had a list with a bunch of names that they were checking. Like the girl from the mirror9 and her friends and I believe also Maki Goto. So this one is definitely not paid people but just guests/press/celebrities. Also both days of Nakano were sold out and all the seats sections were taken.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 31st March 2019, 07:32 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
During the Nakano Sun Plaza concert for the Trouble Tour there was a line for "guests" and the staff had a list with a bunch of names that they were checking. Like the girl from the mirror9 and her friends and I believe also Maki Goto. So this one is definitely not paid people but just guests/press/celebrities. Also both days of Nakano were sold out and all the seats sections were taken.
Yeah but this is not to fill seats, this is just friends of Ayu and her Staff that want to watch the show.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 31st March 2019, 07:38 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
During the Nakano Sun Plaza concert for the Trouble Tour there was a line for "guests" and the staff had a list with a bunch of names that they were checking. Like the girl from the mirror9 and her friends and I believe also Maki Goto. So this one is definitely not paid people but just guests/press/celebrities.
This one, yes. There was a separate line for "kankeisha" in front of Yoyogi too.
We have no ways of checking the above mentioned rumours about paid/free guests. There were also screenshots from Twitter with persons selling lots of tickets for 1000 yen or something to fill in the seats. Also rumours about people almost knocking on the doors to give away tickets to fill in Aomori skating ring. Can't prove any of that either.

It turns out it's a thing:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seat_filler

Last edited by Chris85; 31st March 2019 at 07:41 AM.
Old 31st March 2019, 07:44 AM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
If she couldn't fill up halls with just about 2000 people capacity in Greater Tokyo Area avex won't let her do concerts anymore. The fact is she is now hard to do arena concerts but still markable for hall. During JTB Tour I also heard some rumors avex give out almost two thousands free tickets for the two arena shows in Yokohama. Last year at the first show of POM2018 in Saitama not only 3rd 4th level was not used, the serveal rows of 2nd level were also covered.
Old 31st March 2019, 12:25 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Why do you think AT13 is one of the worst?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^That would make sense if there was a particuarly flopped tour going around and they wanted to keep face. But those rumours are around since AT13, that I do consider one of worst aswell :B. There's no way Avex would be paying people to cover for Ayu to tour around yearly since 2013.
Old 31st March 2019, 06:17 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuuk View Post
Why do you think AT13 is one of the worst?
I don't really like her celebratory concerts all that much because they usually don't bring anything new to the table.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 31st March 2019, 10:41 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
^I don't think anyone here said Ayu would only perform in front of 20 people. It's obvious she's not. But like you said, she is not selling out anymore, also from what we can observe online her fan base's reaction is mixed and her fan base shrunk over the last years significantly.
She is boring a great amount of her fan base and loses it, which is simply not good if you want her to go on as Hamasaki Ayumi - or if she wants to go on like she does now. It won't take long and she won't be able to do however she pleases like she does now.
But her show is still sold out
how can that be?
Old 31st March 2019, 11:15 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrealA View Post
how can that be?
Is it? how do we know that?
Old 1st April 2019, 12:32 AM
SURREAL Initiate

^I think they mean the dates (or one of the two) of POWER of A^3 are already sold out, you can check it on the last post in the "[News] ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3"
Old 1st April 2019, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrealA View Post
how can that be?
Because Saitama Super Arena, like every arena, has different levels where people can sit. Lately she only uses 1st and 2nd level, also, like already said, they cover parts of the 2nd level.
When it is clear that an artist won't be able to sell more than a specific amount of tickets for a show, they do this on purpose and won't give out any tickets of the other levels. Even when 1st and 2nd floor is sold out, because they know that only very few tickets more would be sold. This way they can keep those parts of the arena completely dark, otherwise it would feel for the audience as if the arena is half empty (what it technically is). People like the illusion of a grand, successfull concert and don't like it much to sit in an arena where they feel as if there isn't enough interest for the artists they're watching.

Sorry for the double post, but a friend just brought something up in a chat I was wondering about for quite a while now.
Why doesn't she just do a world tour instead of touring Japan for the 100th time with the same tour?
If this is about her simply not feeling like making new music and wanting to tour instead, a world hall tour would be something that would definitely be possible. In the past people used to say she would need to go for halls instead of arenas when doing a world tour, what's probably true, but now she's doing halls anyway.
Even though some Japanese fans don't mind another tour, some of them do. This non stop touring without any new exciting ideas seems to bore a good amount of her fans. I mean, she's no rock star from whom people only expect to play a set, people kinda expect a grand show with exciting ideas when seeing Hamasaki Ayumi.
But by doing a world tour, she wouldn't need to come up with lots of new ideas, since people would be excited to see her anyway. Also it would be great for PR I think. The utahime of the heisei era starting the new decade of her career, after her 20th and also the new era after Heisei with a world tour could easily be used in the media on her behalf, with tour start and final in Tokyo. This would probably also be something her Japanese fans would be excited about, when branded right.
And if Kyary can manage a world tour, so can Ayu.

Last edited by Yoake; 3rd April 2019 at 12:36 PM. Reason: double post
Old 1st April 2019, 05:30 AM
opening Run Initiate

^ She hasn't even toured nearby China for 11 years and you're dreaming of a world tour :-P
Old 1st April 2019, 06:12 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Sorry for the double post, but a friend just brought something up in a chat I was wondering about for quite a while now.
Why doesn't she just do a world tour instead of touring Japan for the 100th time with the same tour?
If this is about her simply not feeling like making new music and wanting to tour instead, a world hall tour would be something that would definitely be possible. In the past people used to say she would need to go for halls instead of arenas when doing a world tour, what's probably true, but now she's doing halls anyway.
Even though some Japanese fans don't mind another tour, some of them do. This non stop touring without any new exciting ideas seems to bore a good amount of her fans. I mean, she's no rock star from whom people only expect to play a set, people kinda expect a grand show with exciting ideas when seeing Hamasaki Ayumi.
But by doing a world tour, she wouldn't need to come up with lots of new ideas, since people would be excited to see her anyway. Also it would be great for PR I think. The utahime of the heisei era starting the new decade of her career, after her 20th and also the new era after Heisei with a world tour could easily be used in the media on her behalf, with tour start and final in Tokyo. This would probably also be something her Japanese fans would be excited about, when branded right.
And if Kyary can manage a world tour, so can Ayu.
Can I just remind you that you are marely speculating about the next tour not being exciting and her lacking ideas, as except from the title you know absolutely nothing about it.

Also ayu’s team hasn’t bragged about sold-out dates for as long as I can remember and considering the two Saitama dates have not happened yet, again you are just speculating without actual facts to support this.

Also the only concert I find even remotely uninspired was PoM 2018 - Trouble was super exciting with just enough new ideas.

As far as the world tour goes if she hasn’t done it during her peak I doubt she will ever do it now. When she was doing arenas carrying all the props wouldn’t be worth it as she wouldn’t be able to fill arenas worldwide. Now that she is doing halls with less people and props ot would be easier, but as everyone said her fan base shrunk, so, sadly, I don’t expect her to ever do this...

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 1st April 2019, 06:29 AM

^there is no need to be that aggressive.
I'm just summarising what Japanese fans told me as well as what I read only. Like I already said, I haven't seen any of the latest hall tours and can't comment om how good/bad they were. If you loved TROUBLE tour, that's great, a lot of Japanese fans didn't.

Also I have no idea why you seem so pissed about this sold out thing. I was talking about the last Saitama shows I went to, where she did not use the higher levels and the capacity of the arena is waaay bigger than what Ayu used.

If you can't handle a post discussing the idea of a world tour, you seriously should be no part of any forum.
Old 1st April 2019, 06:41 AM
MY STORY Initiate

^He doesn't sound aggressive, just rebutting some of your sentences. I'm sure we've all wanted or hoped Ayu would go out on a world tour but it seems less and less likely with each passing year. I wish she'd come to Australia, even just for a holiday but I seriously doubt she ever would. She's a shrewd businesswoman , I feel like she more or less knows what she's doing with her career. We may not like it but she will always do what she wants to do in the end.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 1st April 2019, 07:17 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
^there is no need to be that aggressive.
I'm just summarising what Japanese fans told me as well as what I read only. Like I already said, I haven't seen any of the latest hall tours and can't comment om how good/bad they were. If you loved TROUBLE tour, that's great, a lot of Japanese fans didn't.

Also I have no idea why you seem so pissed about this sold out thing. I was talking about the last Saitama shows I went to, where she did not use the higher levels and the capacity of the arena is waaay bigger than what Ayu used.

If you can't handle a post discussing the idea of a world tour, you seriously should be no part of any forum.
First of all I am not being agressive. It’s the way I say things - I don’t sugar-coat. You keep saying “the Japanese fans” and you are generalizing and reducing 10s of thosands of people to an opinion of a couple of people you know. So when you say “a lot” how many is that?

I am not pissed lol I went to the same Saitama dates as you last year nobody bragged they were sold-out.

Where is handling the world tour comment even coming from? Are you just trying to pick a fight because I disagree with you in literally everything you have ever said?

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 1st April 2019, 11:53 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I’ve found her hall tours to be average.
Unfortunately they’re geared towards people close to the stage. So it’s super fun for them, but if you’re viewing from far away, it’s like... there’s a disconnect for me.

And it comes off as being a watered down tour as opposed to its own thing. For me.

Spoiler:
I’m glad people are enjoying it, and I go for the chance that I might. But I usually go for a couple of songs now, because it’s very repetitive. I’m not saying she needs to reinvent the idea of a concert every time, but when things become predictable, that’s when someone should say: hey, we’ve done that a lot lately. Maybe we try something that, while we may have done it before, perhaps bringing it back might be fun.

Or, hey. We’ve done this segment with the same songs several times. How about we shake things up, throw in a different song.

Or, hey. Maybe do something completely different! A one woman show. Simple. Cut back. Completely connect to the fans without relying on props. We’re in an intimate venue, why not try an intimate show?

Or how about a concept tour! All album songs! No singles! Or, remix each track, make it a little different from the original!

I don’t hate the new tours. And she’s a victim of circumstance, but I think there’s some choices that could be made to make them more memorable.

I think she’s trying to give an arena tour feel on a hall tour scale. And that’s where it feels off. I think in such a small venue, focusing on the songs/song choices/vocals would be a much wiser choice for offering a new/interesting experience.

I think a lot would improve by having new music too. Just singing new songs makes it a new experience. Now I’m comparing every “old” song with the performances she’s done of them in the past.

That’s just my two cents though. Not challenging any opinions, just offering mine.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 1st April 2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 1st April 2019, 03:03 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

She actually performed largelly different concerts in the pasr years... JTB 1 (typical Ayu arena tour) doesn't look the same as JTB 2/3 (that had a huge non-musical theater vibe), that doesn't look the same as POM2 (that tried a less theatrical concert than her usual), that doesn't look the same as Trouble Tour (hall version of her usual arena concert), so, even if there are concert staples being thrown around, and give the girl a break on here, she toured over 100 different songs over 2 years, it makes no sense saying she ia repeating herself.

I do agree with tokyoxjapanxfan that it would be nice having a more intimate concert and that this would be something new for her, and jtb 3 gives us a taste of what it would feel like, and I really liked that.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 1st April 2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
First of all I am not being agressive. It’s the way I say things - I don’t sugar-coat. You keep saying “the Japanese fans” and you are generalizing and reducing 10s of thosands of people to an opinion of a couple of people you know. So when you say “a lot” how many is that?

I am not pissed lol I went to the same Saitama dates as you last year nobody bragged they were sold-out.

Where is handling the world tour comment even coming from? Are you just trying to pick a fight because I disagree with you in literally everything you have ever said?
I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just felt you would like to pick a fight and you were "offended" for the sake of being offended. I probably got that wrong, sorry for that!

Of course I'm generalising, like everyone here. I have four friends whom I met through different Japanese fan sites and with whom I spent some time now and then as well as chat online with. They don't know each other. Since we met through the Ayu fandom, of course we discuss Ayu a lot. Contrary to what I say here at ahs, when it comes to Japanese fans, I'm always super positive about Ayu. Simply because they tend to be more negative from my experience and I also don't like voicing my opinion too "loud" since I'm very interested in how they percieve what's going on. So I think I have a pretty good idea of how the average fan feels about Ayu.
Also I read a lot in Japanese online communities etc. what's going on regarding Ayu.
She has her hardcore fans. But the pretty solid fan base she once had, consisting of a lot of mid twenty something to mid thirty something women, lost interest during the last few years.
It's also obvious her fan base shrunk over the last years significantly. Regarding lesser people attending her shows, someone here mentioned Saitama as an example and how she is only using 1st and 2nd level nowadays, even though there are 4 levels. Someone else was saying that at the official website it was said one of the Saitama dates was sold out, I was simply responding to that.

Since from my experience Japanese fans are bored by her hall tours and a friend, who is also a member here at ahs, and I where discussing why she doesn't do a world tour instead, I brought this up here. Simply because I think it would be a great chance for her to get good PR, not bore her Japanese fans and keep touring, without a new album and without doing arenas.

Also from what I heard and read, the reasons why some Japanese fans are bored are exactly the reasons tokyoxjapanxfan mentioned.
The way Ayu handles things atm isn't smart and if she continues like that she will lose a great amount of fans I think. Not because they are angry or disappointed or whatever, but simply because they will not be interested in what is -not- going on with Ayu's career anymore and won't bother.

Last edited by Chibi-Chan; 1st April 2019 at 03:18 PM.
Old 1st April 2019, 04:51 PM
End of the World Initiate

I would love for Ayu to do a show in NYC and LA...I think she could definitely do it!

And with Perfume and Pamyu doing similar things, I think the demand would be there for her.
Old 1st April 2019, 04:52 PM
opening Run Initiate

Speaking about shrinking fanbase, there's a thread on girlschannel about the reasons people stopped being Ayu's fans.
The answers are quite interesting. Some of them include Maro fiasco, blaming divorce on earthquake, bad vocals, saying that she graduated from Kouhaku when in fact she wasn't selected, Party Queen album, marriages with weird foreigners, etc.
Some say they stopped going to her concerts, because they wanted to see just Ayu on stage, singing properly with her band, but she was focusing on dancers instead and the vocals got worse and worse.

Last edited by Chris85; 1st April 2019 at 05:23 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
misunderstood, trouble, trouble tour 2019-2020