17LIVE 4th Anniversary meets 浜崎あゆみ" Singer audition" - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 16th October 2021, 09:21 AM
Love song H-Initiate

After the Trouble I thought ayu wants to do as many lives as she can instead of releasing new music. She (almost) didn't release anything even when she wasn't able to do tours. So I think she don't have anything to say in songs. Don't tell me she was pregnant, that's not related here. If only it affected brain and erased writing skills.
Old 16th October 2021, 01:56 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
After the Trouble I thought ayu wants to do as many lives as she can instead of releasing new music. She (almost) didn't release anything even when she wasn't able to do tours. So I think she don't have anything to say in songs. Don't tell me she was pregnant, that's not related here. If only it affected brain and erased writing skills.
LOL I mean it could be... Idk, it’s true that if she doesn’t have any inspiration, better not to do anything. But as a fan I’m having, let’s say a “crisis”. I find it hard to believe that the woman who has released 18+ studio albums and did amazing quality shows can’t do anything new and what she does is mediocre at last. Supposedly it all has been created by her throughout her career but sometimes it feels as if there was a person in charge behind of her work and was a qualified one in the past but now...there’s not anyone lol Not related to her work, but I also dislike the private route she has taken. I mean I respect it, but we were kinda used to her over sharing at least with TA. Now, even TA is a joke.
Kinda went off topic here. Anyway excited to see what kind of artist she’ll be producing and if it will be long term. I really hope she chose anyone who can truly sing and not some cute looking girl who can look like the 90s Ayu.
Old 16th October 2021, 05:12 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
Kinda went off topic here. Anyway excited to see what kind of artist she’ll be producing and if it will be long term. I really hope she chose anyone who can truly sing and not some cute looking girl who can look like the 90s Ayu.
If she wanted that she'd be producing and acknowledging Kalen Anzai already lol
Old 16th October 2021, 11:49 PM
too late Initiate

Well, I think just because she released so much in that period it explains her creativity drought. A lot of great artists have the same number of albums and songs Ayu released in 20 years during 30 or 40 years. The volume of work she delivered and, the most important, the quality it have is very unusual, even in pop industry. I mean, Madonna will complete 40 years of career next year and she released as much albums as Ayu did, but with some time between them.

And let's not forger her hearing loss. Creating music the way she did (she doesn't compose melodies anymore, but she picks and produces all her stuff alongside her staff) demands a lot of a department she's having TROUBLE (pun intended) with. Maybe singing live the songs she already know is less demanding in this case.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 19th October 2021, 11:39 AM
Love song H-Initiate

An audition "17 LIVE 4th Anniversary meets Ayumi Hamasaki" with Ayumi Hamasaki as a producer has started yesterday.

Singer who win the final singing audition will get advice from Ayumi Hamasaki herself. Also Yuta Nakano, who has worked on many representative songs such as "Mirrorcle World" and "Love song", will provide original song.

In addition, Ayumi Hamasaki's music production team and 17LIVE's creative team will provide full support from recording, jacket production, distribution release to some promotions in the studio that ayu usually uses.

Currently, Ayumi Hamasaki's official YouTube channel has released playlist works that Yuta Nakano has worked on so far.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bGC7eDC_kRdoJx

「17LIVE 4th Anniversary meets 浜崎あゆみ“シンガー発掘オーディション”」
■Online audition (in-app event)
Date: 2021-10-18 (Mon) - 2021-10-31 (Sun)
※ "17LIVE" in-app account
Lv.30 or less: After passing the screening, the top 5 players in the final ranking advance to the final audition
Lv.31 and above: The top 4 players in the final rankings and 1 special jury selection, a total of 5 players advanced to the final audition

■Final audition
Date: 2021-11-13 (Sun) (scheduled)
Judge: Singing examination by the judges, including Ayumi Hamasaki

Live stream date: 2021-10-19 (Tuesday)
Live distribution account: 17LIVE special distribution ( https://17.live/ja/profile/r/307169 )
Old 19th October 2021, 04:25 PM
ever free Initiate

Does anyone know how to participate in the audition? I read all the info but I just don't really understand how this 17Live app thing works ^^;
Old 19th October 2021, 04:29 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
Well, I think just because she released so much in that period it explains her creativity drought. A lot of great artists have the same number of albums and songs Ayu released in 20 years during 30 or 40 years. The volume of work she delivered and, the most important, the quality it have is very unusual, even in pop industry. I mean, Madonna will complete 40 years of career next year and she released as much albums as Ayu did, but with some time between them.

And let's not forger her hearing loss. Creating music the way she did (she doesn't compose melodies anymore, but she picks and produces all her stuff alongside her staff) demands a lot of a department she's having TROUBLE (pun intended) with. Maybe singing live the songs she already know is less demanding in this case.
I agree that she has been super super active compared with other artists. Recently she also had two babies - it seems she wants to focus on that at the moment (a different life stage). But also, the label may be pressuring her to do lives rather than release new music, since given the streaming age there isn't much money to be made in new singles/albums anymore...
Old 19th October 2021, 05:34 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

That was such an incredible event, what Just Ayu and her team talking for an hour straight - I didn't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that.
Old 19th October 2021, 06:40 PM
opening Run Initiate

Is there a way to rewatch it?
Old 21st October 2021, 05:08 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalaxie View Post
I agree that she has been super super active compared with other artists. Recently she also had two babies - it seems she wants to focus on that at the moment (a different life stage). But also, the label may be pressuring her to do lives rather than release new music, since given the streaming age there isn't much money to be made in new singles/albums anymore...
These both make sense to me as reasons. First, what's the point of making so much money if you don't have something to spend it ON? I'm not into having kids myself, but I know that for many people, the most important thing to spend money and time on is family and children. Ayu has always lived her life as she wanted despite social pressures and wagging fingers, so if she wants to spend more time on family, that's the end of that.

Second, like you said, money. Even the best-selling singers now don't make much from the music, and singers themselves are rarely big stars. They make the money in tie-ins and ads and sales of stuff like t-shirts. For Ayu to spend loads of money producing an album that wouldn't make its money back just wouldn't make financial sense for either her or Avex. Ayu is a businesswoman, she knows that.
Old 21st October 2021, 06:53 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Is there a way to rewatch it?
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1nq...om=333.999.0.0
Old 21st October 2021, 08:51 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKAyu View Post
Second, like you said, money. Even the best-selling singers now don't make much from the music, and singers themselves are rarely big stars. They make the money in tie-ins and ads and sales of stuff like t-shirts. For Ayu to spend loads of money producing an album that wouldn't make its money back just wouldn't make financial sense for either her or Avex. Ayu is a businesswoman, she knows that.
That is true, but on other hand if artist will tour with same songs year after year, one day people will say they don't want to watch it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by junshen View Post
Thank you!
Old 21st October 2021, 11:36 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by junshen View Post
Thank you so much!
Old 22nd October 2021, 05:55 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

long time no see I just checked my notebook and saw AHS
wanna cry and I only got the info that so far avex China didn't have any ASIA TOUR information(China ,mainland)
Old 9th November 2021, 06:35 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Final audition scheduled to 13th November. I assume Ayu will not be able to participate in it...
Old 13th November 2021, 03:01 PM
Love song H-Initiate

she did it!

Old 13th November 2021, 05:18 PM
too late Initiate

That was today or it was pre-recorded?

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 13th November 2021, 05:43 PM
Daybreak Guardian