Ayu on the Recochoku Yearly Chart for 2009 - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 10th July 2009, 08:57 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ Yeah, probabily only 5 crazy fans downloaded all her songs avaliable and it made her into top 3 =)
Of course not everyone is going to buy everything. But the number of songs you have available will undoubtedly effect how many songs you actually sell - more can only help. You could guess that everyone that owns one of those Ayu mobiles at the concert might be crazy enough to buy every song.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 10th July 2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10th July 2009, 10:12 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
That's what I'm thinking it has to be. So actually its primarily her back catalog that seems to have gotten her the #3 spot. Still though, it just goes to show how much some of those songs have stood the test of time.

I think it also depends a lot on how much each artist has available for purchase - I just looked through the list of available recochaku songs for Ayu and it seems they've made every single version of every song ever made availabe. Even live versions. Seriously its like insanely long. I checked compared to other artists and she seems to have by far and away the most stuff available for purchase. Ayu - 1,223, Greeeen - 48. lol. I'm not a fan of Greeen but to get number 1 with that few tracks available for purchase just shows how much of a hot thing they are right now. Just for further information, Exile: 276, Koda: 313, Juju w/ Jayed: 1(! and is #5 for the year overall), Namie: 84 (I expected way more for Namie). Obviously Ayu is going to have a bit of an advantage when it comes to overall ranking...
I believe that if people weren't interested, she wouldn't have had as many songs on there.

And sure, even if her old catalog is what made her #3 I'd say it's still damn amazing to have people buying your (even) 10 year-old songs.

Never the less she is still #3

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 10th July 2009, 10:33 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Her fans had a plan to put her among the best seller, so, they are buying her songs only this year! Nobody had songs like M or Seasons before, cuz they were like "let's buy it on 2009, so we can put her on top3!"

^^

I wonder if Seiko Matsuda had all versions from all her songs on this site, she would be at 1st, cuz she has a lot more albums than ayu!

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 10th July 2009, 10:42 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
^Her fans had a plan to put her among the best seller, so, they are buying her songs only this year! Nobody had songs like M or Seasons before, cuz they were like "let's buy it on 2009, so we can put her on top3!"

^^

I wonder if Seiko Matsuda had all versions from all her songs on this site, she would be at 1st, cuz she has a lot more albums than ayu!
Yeah, imagine how songs like M and SEASONS must be popular, considering they sold over a million with their initial single releases, Duty & I am.., A BEST, A BALLADS, A COMPLETE. People simply love buying the same songs over and over again

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 10th July 2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10th July 2009, 11:33 PM
Lelio Protector

ayu's doing condierably well on chaku-uta. Better than we thought.
Old 10th July 2009, 11:51 PM
too late Initiate

Location: Mirrorcle town searching for my last angel (Mexico)
Whatever. She's in number three, and that's because people wants to buy her stuff. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
Maybe he has occasional feelings.

Ayu stans are Fugging scary.
Old 11th July 2009, 12:18 AM
Over Initiate

..Together When...?!

Woah.

FacebookLast.fm TwitterTumblr

Old 11th July 2009, 12:46 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Woww congrats Ayu & Kuu! They're awesome <3

Together When is so amazing..

♔ Sexy Queen ♔

Old 11th July 2009, 03:01 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:

^^

You guys are being way too sarcastic. Of course Seiko has more albums, but do you think generally that people who buy her music are people that buy stuff through their phones? No.

There is absolutely nothing wrong logically with what I said. The higher number of songs you have up for download is only going to effect your sales positively. That's it.

And Nyanjan also made a good point, a lot of people in Japan do seem to buy the same songs over and over again. Not just Ayu best ofs, but B'z best ofs and others as well. Same thing goes for buying classic songs on their cell phones. There are plenty of songs other than Ayu's old ones that are huge sellers, yet I'm sure most people have the song already in one form or another. (ex. B'z Itsuka no Merry Christmas etc)

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 11th July 2009 at 03:04 AM.
Old 11th July 2009, 10:56 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
You guys are being way too sarcastic. Of course Seiko has more albums, but do you think generally that people who buy her music are people that buy stuff through their phones? No.

There is absolutely nothing wrong logically with what I said. The higher number of songs you have up for download is only going to effect your sales positively. That's it.

And Nyanjan also made a good point, a lot of people in Japan do seem to buy the same songs over and over again. Not just Ayu best ofs, but B'z best ofs and others as well. Same thing goes for buying classic songs on their cell phones. There are plenty of songs other than Ayu's old ones that are huge sellers, yet I'm sure most people have the song already in one form or another. (ex. B'z Itsuka no Merry Christmas etc)
Sorry if I was too sarcastic, even though I am aware of the fact they prolly bought some of her older songs, Days and Rule did really well on Recochoku and even NEXT LEVEL (the song) did relatively well and I think that Days and Rule are to thank she is #3. As the only older song that appeared in top 100 was "M" as far as I can remember.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 11th July 2009, 11:51 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrim View Post
Woww congrats Ayu & Kuu! They're awesome <3

Together When is so amazing..
Indeed! Probably my favorite ballad from Ayu! Lyrics, Music, PB everything is FANTASTIC in it. No surprise it's still popular.

Rule PV is still in iTunes TOP100 MV's too. #52.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Last edited by ALfromHELLSING; 11th July 2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12th July 2009, 06:30 AM
Will Initiate

congrats ayu ~ ^^
kuu n tohoshinki as well ~

I AM ESSITED! Taeyeon Thank you miroro

code:exoaffxtionnanaseven

Old 12th July 2009, 08:22 AM
GAME Initiate

It's so great as long as there's Ayu's name in the list

Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot