[Charts & Rankings] Recochoku 2009 Yearly Ranking - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 10th December 2009, 05:01 AM
Initiate

^ Yeah, seriously. If only we could get those numbers, many things could be solved amongst us fans, hah.

^^ Hah, that made me laugh, I won't lie.
Old 10th December 2009, 05:16 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

BTW, over those years since the end of her peak, there were some female jpop singers that managed to be bigger than Ayu...

Ayu will not be the best selling female pop singer of Japan every year, and that's ok cuz is not that what make her an icon... she is an icon cuz she is relevant for 11 years on a music market where usually u r relevant for 2 or 3 years only...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 10th December 2009, 05:18 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
BTW, over those years since the end of her peak, there were some female jpop singers that managed to be bigger than Ayu...

Ayu will not be the best selling female pop singer of Japan every year, and that's ok cuz is not that what make her an icon... she is an icon cuz she is relevant for 11 years on a music market where usually u r relevant for 2 or 3 years only...
Yup

Home girl got some major lasting power!
Old 10th December 2009, 06:02 AM
Initiate

^^ I'm not saying she's definitely the biggest right now, but she's certainly close, you can't deny that.
Old 10th December 2009, 06:05 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I would say that she is on top10, but not on top5

Old 10th December 2009, 06:09 AM
JEWEL Initiate

She's gotta at least be No.5...
Old 10th December 2009, 06:24 AM
Initiate

Yes, top five, without a freaking doubt!! I personally think top three, but I can see if people think only top five.
Old 10th December 2009, 06:24 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Overall, I'd say Ayu's probably #2-#4 with Namie at the veeeeeeeeeery top, but this is a bit off topic, don't you think? [With artists like YUI/Hikki mixed in the top 5]
Old 10th December 2009, 06:25 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

oh, I'm talking about her as a singer... as a fashion icon she is top 3 for sure

Old 10th December 2009, 07:03 AM
Initiate

Ooooohhh, you mean, you think she's top ten, as far as how well she can sing...? Maybe, yeah, hah. I agree with that. I'd say the top three best singers in Japan are AI, ayaka and Kumi, honestly. But yeah, as far as everything else goes - image, sales, popularity, etc. - Ayu has been and still is in the top five, probably top three.
And yeah... This probably is a little off topic. D: I won't add anymore to the discussion, hah. :X
Old 10th December 2009, 07:16 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Ageha View Post
Lol, all this talk about Ayumi's popularity again... And what's all this, 'she's not even close to being the most popular female artist in Japan' crap?? (Yes, this was directed towards that ridiculous comment, Andre.)
Maybe what he said should have been reversed: "Is she the most popular? Not really... Most popular female? Not even close..."

It's probably more accurate to switch the conclusions of those two statements. But let's keep calm.
Old 10th December 2009, 07:58 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Hmm even GREEN got Gold certification for Chaku Uta full and it wasn't even in top 100 ^^, it is still unknown how Sparkle and NEXT LEVEL did. Sure it does make sense the the old stuff prolly helped to some extent and even when it comes to Nishino Kana, Ayu obviously had more songs on Recochoku in 2009 than her.

When it comes to Chaku uta ringtones, now I doubt that THAT many people love having old and outdated songs as their ringtones especially with so many new releases and hip songs.

As for her popularity, we almost always say that Oricon doesn't show how much is someone truly popular (in most cases), but that the Digital sales are a better indicator of how much someone's songs are generally liked. Well there you go. While Ayu's image/figure might not be close to the popularity that Namie has right now, her songs are obviously way more popular than Namie's were this year (considering the Chaku uta/Full positions and not the overall ones) - and that's the fact

note that I am not trying to bring Namie down or anything, if it was Koda Kumi who sold more than 1 million of her previous album her name would be here instead of Namie's, but as the things are, Namie is among rare solo female artists that atm sell better than Ayu ^^

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 10th December 2009, 08:25 AM
Lelio Protector

With Days, Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~, Rule and GREEN she already had a minimum of 1,200,000 for the ranking (minimum of just those songs since the sales are a bit higher/higher than the certifications probably).
Also You were...'s 2 first weeks and BALLAD's first week are added.

Also the new songs that probably sold around 20,000-50,000 each and older charters here and there though yeah I don't think that the whole ayu's discography did play a huge role (imo), but it did help though of course like it would help anyone that was popular.

In conclusion I would say that without the success of Days and Sunrise or without the new material that charted for some time and didn't sell enough to get certificated she would be a lot of positions lower.

Also I think that there weren't many digital million sellers like in the previous year and 2007 but I'm not sure.

Discography or not discography ayu did well digitally this year.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 10th December 2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10th December 2009, 08:38 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post

In conclusion I would say that without the success of Days and Sunrise or without the new material that charted for some time and didn't sell enough to get certificated she would be a lot of positions lower.
That's what I originally wanted to say

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 10th December 2009, 09:31 AM
Lelio Protector

Yep, without the success of Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~ and Days I highly doubt she would be in such a great position.

I agree with SunshineSlayer that having the old discography is great since because it helps even though it's not the majority that made it help a lot of people are still interested in ayu's past works and didn't forget them. ^^
Old 10th December 2009, 11:12 AM
Heartplace Initiate

I have a question ayumisrael.. what's chaku uta full PLUS?? and incoming movie clips? whats de difference with movie clips??

How to join Team Ayu! ~

Old 10th December 2009, 11:28 AM
Lelio Protector

chaku uta FULL PLUS from that traslation is something like higher tone or high-pitced version of it. =P

Incoming movie clips are parts from the PV like the verse part of the PV, chorus part, bridge part etc. (Like the difference between chaku uta and chaku uta FULL).
Old 10th December 2009, 12:08 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking.proud View Post
I have a question ayumisrael.. what's chaku uta full PLUS?? and incoming movie clips? whats de difference with movie clips??
hmm I am only guessing but it could be the whole single?

As for the Incoming clips Tal pretty much said it all, I'd just add that people are supposed to use them as Incoming Call Videos

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 10th December 2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10th December 2009, 07:43 PM
monochrome Initiate

Ayu was so strong this year congrats =D I'm so glad =3

Old 10th December 2009, 10:56 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Chaku-Uta Full Plus is like... iTunes Plus.

They're higher quality files that are 320kbps.

Tags
ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, days, ranking, recochoku