[News] ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3 - Page 17 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th March 2019, 09:32 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
If the people who made the logo aren't bothered by that, I don't really see the problem. They agreed the logo to be used in whatever terms both parties agreed. In that sense, this IS drama as something that was set peacefully among the interestes ones ir beint blown out of the water by other people who has no business on it.
You may not see a problem, but I disagree. The artist might be perfectly happy with how things are (I certainly hope she is), but it's still fair for us on the outside to criticize avex's handling of things and say that we think she deserved more (credit and money) than she seems to have gotten. Again, I don't think it's "drama" (or that anything has been blown out of proportion) to discuss and criticize avex's handling of the contest, but you're free to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Honestly without official credit that's hard to do.
If Ayu's team was smart they let the fan sign a contract that she's giving up all her rights to her own creation, cause they gonna use it for making money.
But they probably just count on exactly what you described - that she is proud they took her design and contributed to Ayu's career and therefor won't pursue anything.
An actual graphic designer probably wouldn't be so easy to handle, but of course we don't know how it exactly went behind closed doors.
But that's another point, setting up an competition without any rules or legal framework people can look up.
Legally it's not secure, for both sides. Just hope they did it afterwards.

But even without thinking about all that - it's mandatory and professional to credit or simply also polite to do that.
No matter if the creator cares about it or not.
Yes! It's a matter of respect and professional conduct. Not giving proper credit looks unprofessional.
Old 7th March 2019, 10:04 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
Honestly, the level of reaching in all of your posts regarding the A^3 talk... far too much
Sorry I have the ability to see what you can’t.

But seriously, why would you not want to see that? Look a little deeper into things and if it makes sense, be pleased and consider it a blessing in disguise. You learn something new. It’s like you’re holding onto the bitterness you feel about it rather than wanting for it to be solved. Like I said, I hated the ^3 but as it fueled itself into the concept further I am so much more appreciative. It changed my outlook and perspective in a way that ended up being a positive experience for me. Give it a shot.

Last edited by Zeke.; 7th March 2019 at 10:11 PM.
Old 7th March 2019, 10:24 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^It's literally just because they can't type A³ in a Japanese keyboard. That's all.

Old 8th March 2019, 12:22 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Honestly without official credit that's hard to do.
If Ayu's team was smart they let the fan sign a contract that she's giving up all her rights to her own creation, cause they gonna use it for making money.
But they probably just count on exactly what you described - that she is proud they took her design and contributed to Ayu's career and therefor won't pursue anything.
An actual graphic designer probably wouldn't be so easy to handle, but of course we don't know how it exactly went behind closed doors.
But that's another point, setting up an competition without any rules or legal framework people can look up.
Legally it's not secure, for both sides. Just hope they did it afterwards.

But even without thinking about all that - it's mandatory and professional to credit or simply also polite to do that.
No matter if the creator cares about it or not.
I believe it was always announced the logo came from a fan, so it is actually possible to prove. But I do agree some kind of official credit would be nice, I just think it shouldn't be such a big of a deal if you are not one of the intested parties, as we don't know what was the agreement in the first place.

That being said, are the logos credited on the dvd booklets?

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 8th March 2019, 01:34 AM
BEST Initiate

Don’t want to step into this discussion, because everything i would write is already said...
At the end i really like the simple idea of the A wrapped into the three ^
I just really hate that font. I would‘ve choosed something more simple and better readable...

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 8th March 2019, 02:46 AM
GREEN Initiate

I find it completely laughable that people think a multi-billion dollar company cant do the A³ if they didnt want to.
Old 8th March 2019, 04:38 AM
Because of You Initiate

what's even worse is that y'all buying ad half-ass job. she doesn't even care to bring you the best quality and design when it comes her stuff. You can only wonder what else she takes "lightly" when it comes to her work, and I wanna believe you do know what else she puts close to zero effort, many subjects on the matter have been discussed over the years.

Even if you think that it's a grand gesture from her to steal a fan's design (even if he's a pro-designer or not, we don't know) the only person who should be happy is that fan, you all are buying a very expensive random sketch from some guy or gurl, that in no way, shape or form could be better what a professional can bring. Stop disparaging a graphic designer's work! (like in general too).
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 8th March 2019, 06:01 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I'm graduated in graphic designer, even if I don't actually work as a designer, and I couldn't care less. She clearly wants the fandom to feel special by creating the illusion they are an active part of the production of her show by asking them to create fanarts of her very well designed by a graphic designer logo. Not being perfect it's actually a part of the goal as the whole point is being fanmade and engaging on this future tour.

In the end of the day it's just a short lived to be take on the classic logo that will be ditched once the concert is over, like every single one of her concert logos are. Believing this is just a scam to save money, or that they couldn't just write A³ if they didn't want to bares on laughable. This shit had being planned for at least over a year, probably since before the Jtb concerts started and they most likely had every single detail of this campaign planned out since.

You may like or dislike it, it's all up to you, but they are presenting exactly what they felt like presenting.

And she isn't stealing anything if the fan was willing to give it for free.

Old 8th March 2019, 06:03 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Like, really, why do people bother following an artist they velieve couldn't figure out there were several ways they could write A³ or that believe the tour t-shirt was printed wrong and they just went along using that anyways? Do you actually see her as THAT lazy?

Old 8th March 2019, 06:27 AM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I believe it was always announced the logo came from a fan, so it is actually possible to prove. But I do agree some kind of official credit would be nice, I just think it shouldn't be such a big of a deal if you are not one of the intested parties, as we don't know what was the agreement in the first place.

That being said, are the logos credited on the dvd booklets?
Because this is not the first time ayu's team did such thing. In Cirque de Minuit they even stole the idea without say one word like “the logo is come from fan idea”. Like the others said it's a matter of politeness and respect. Ayu's team as a part of creative industry, it is shameless they made a so-called logo design contest to grab ideas, and at the end didn't credit the original creator. Ayu's team is fucking frugal. I don't see they would pay one cent for the original logo creator. (Maybe only two tickets for POWER of A^3) It seems that they didn't hire a design team for logo, goods and tour main visual these days. The goods for past two tours look very lazy and horrible.
Old 8th March 2019, 06:32 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropass View Post
Because this is not the first time ayu's team did such thing. In Cirque de Minuit they even stole the idea without say one word like “the logo is come from fan idea”. Like the others said it's a matter of politeness and respect. Ayu's team as a part of creative industry, it is shameless they made a so-called logo design contest to grab ideas, and at the end didn't credit the original creator. Ayu's team is fucking frugal. I don't see they would pay one cent for the original logo creator. (Maybe only two tickets for POWER of A^3) It seems that they didn't hire a design team for logo, goods and tour main visual these days. The goods for past two tours look very lazy and horrible.
They never had to hire a design team specifically for Ayu...
There are already in-house designers at Avex that are making that job (and not only for Ayu).
I.e. they don't have to spend extra money to create a new logo etc. since its the in-house designers' job and their monthly salary are not increased for that.
Old 8th March 2019, 06:40 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
I find it completely laughable that people think a multi-billion dollar company cant do the A³ if they didnt want to.
It's also the multi-billiom dollar company that puts several typos into messages and videos. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised with anything by avex, even them being too lazy to use a different language keyboard. The logo was done by the fan anyway

Personally, I don't like how A^3 looks cuz it feels like a half assed attempt on writing A³ (since ayu basically wrote that it meams: A Cube) but in the end it's just another logo, so there is no point in saying too much more cuz pretty much everything was said already but oh well.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 8th March 2019 at 12:18 PM.
Old 8th March 2019, 09:10 AM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
^It's literally just because they can't type A³ in a Japanese keyboard. That's all.
You don't need to change your keyboard language to write A³ with photoshop. You can do it with two layers. They aren't lazy. Ayu want it that way. Surely because it looks more like two persons joining hands and so their force to do something. Which is the meaning of this concert.
Old 8th March 2019, 11:14 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Maybe Ayu's team (or Japanese people in general, idk) are just used to seeing "power" written as "^" instead of a superscript and it just doesn't look unnatural to them, just like we're used to seeing it written in a superscript lol It's all super trivial imo
Old 8th March 2019, 12:02 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
You don't need to change your keyboard language to write A³ with photoshop. You can do it with two layers. They aren't lazy. Ayu want it that way. Surely because it looks more like two persons joining hands and so their force to do something. Which is the meaning of this concert.
I mean, before we only saw it in written messages. Her team didn't create any logo where they could have done what you said.

Obviously they have accepted A^3 in the logo, I just meant that due to the cube thing (A³) that's why they orginally had to go with the ^3. After all, the announcent is in text form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
Maybe Ayu's team (or Japanese people in general, idk) are just used to seeing "power" written as "^" instead of a superscript and it just doesn't look unnatural to them, just like we're used to seeing it written in a superscript lol It's all super trivial imo
That wouldn't even surprise me tbh. I just don't think the meaning is that deep, like it is for some

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 8th March 2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 8th March 2019, 12:47 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

So Katsuyuki012, are you planning to throw shade at anyone who tries to explain or discuss the meaning of A^3 Logo? Because the only thing you do is saying that people are reading too much into things or reaching way too far. It bothers me, because I think your recent posts aren't very nice and I am confused by what you try to achieve with this.

Old 8th March 2019, 12:58 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Imo the beauty of art is that people can interpret it in any way they want and find hidden meanings that they can relate to, regardless whether it was the author's original intention or not After all, we actually really don't know what went through ayu's team's heads when they chose the title, so saying that they chose to have a "^" symbol instead of a superscript for no reason or because they were lazy isn't any more valid or superior than thinking that they did it on purpose to convey some special meaning. It's all just assumptions that none of us will ever be able to prove after all
Old 8th March 2019, 01:18 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
So Katsuyuki012, are you planning to throw shade at anyone who tries to explain or discuss the meaning of A^3 Logo? Because the only thing you do is saying that people are reading too much into things or reaching way too far. It bothers me, because I think your recent posts aren't very nice and I am confused by what you try to achieve with this.
Not really (intending to throw shade) but I just don't see it. Okay, others do. They said their opinion and I said what I think about it. That's all I try to achieve by it, how it might come across is another thing. I can see where you are coming from, though.

Looking at it again, I can see where I was in the wrong for reacting a certain way to people's interpretations and rainbow_smile summed things up pretty well. To say it in a nicer way, without meaning to offend, I just don't think there was that much thought put into it but of course, no matter what I think, people are entitled to have their opinions.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 8th March 2019 at 11:24 PM.
Old 8th March 2019, 03:46 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagami Raito View Post
They never had to hire a design team specifically for Ayu...
There are already in-house designers at Avex that are making that job (and not only for Ayu).
I.e. they don't have to spend extra money to create a new logo etc. since its the in-house designers' job and their monthly salary are not increased for that.
I'm not sure if Avex do have in-house designers for their artists, but they did hire design teams for ayu's CD/DVD covers and logos in the past. Recently I found out the website of one of the company made several design for ayu. Most of them are pretty good: http://www.grl.jp/cd.html
Old 8th March 2019, 05:03 PM
still alone Initiate

I don't really know what to think of the concept because I kind of don't understand it. I don't get the A cube thing or A^3 or A to the 3rd power or whatever it is. I feel that without some kind of elaboration from Ayu herself, it can only mean what you want it to mean.
But honestly, I think the days of profound concepts and symbolism have been over for a while now.
Closed Thread

Tags
a cube, goods, power of a^3