FAKY - 1st full album "F" (19.10.22) - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 27th September 2019, 11:55 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Second single of the project, Antidote, coming October 18!

GIRLS GOTTA LIVE is a success!
It broke 1 million views on youtube within the first two weeks and stands at around 1.5 million views right now.

They also were guests at the BPM music show on Abema TV!

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 18th October 2019, 11:03 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

New song is out now!

The girls are also regularly featured on magazines like Nylon and Vivi right now.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 28th November 2019, 03:23 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

PV for ANTIDOTE

PV for the third song of the trilogy just been released!

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 17th March 2020, 03:59 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Today the girls performed "NEW AGE" on Sukkiri. I think it's the first time they do a TV Performance.

https://twitter.com/Leonpapa37/statu...27508238422017

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 26th March 2020, 07:47 PM
Far away Initiate

I was a fan before the group change up, but I really love FAKY's new style and songs that they released last year. They look great and they sound great! I'm hoping they will collab with Koda Kumi on more songs, like NEW AGE.

I'm looking forward to 'half-moon', the previews sound really catchy so far!
Old 13th December 2020, 05:07 AM
Two of us Initiate

I listened to FAKY's first single some months ago--their first-year stuff--and didn't like it and forgot about them . . . until a few months ago when "Little More" was pushed into my feed.

It's AWESOME!

I've been catching up on FAKY since then and I'm so happy to see they've become an unconventional success. They're doing a lot of advertising and modeling (especially Hina and now Mikako) and Lil Fang and Akina seem to have taken some control of the music. No big song hits, but steadily rising profile. To say nothing of much better music. "Little More," "Half Moon," and "New Age" are all really different, but all really good. I look forward to what new experiments they come out with next.

Last edited by MKAyu; 19th December 2020 at 03:20 AM. Reason: embedded video
Old 19th December 2020, 03:18 AM
Two of us Initiate

Akina: Gravity

Akina is doing her own singles! The first one was a cover, but the second one is her own lyrics and music, a moody heartbreak song (in English) called Gravity. Mikako did the styling--she's been doing more and more of that.

[/QUOTE]
Old 6th January 2021, 04:07 AM
Two of us Initiate

Hina-chan has a new song and video called 天気雨 out with rapper Novel Core! They wrote the lyrics together and Novel Core did the music.

The two of them appeared together on a reality show on ABEMA where they apparently became friends, because six months ago they shot a special version of the FAKY song Half Moon together.

The reality show made Hina a star in Japan, too, with 360k Instagram followersl and almost 200k for her YouTube channel. In just the past couple of months she became an image model for hair-care line Diane Be True, has appeared with sponsored brand products from both high fashion (YSL, Chanel, miumiu) and local youth-oriented brands (SPINNS, Sculptor), was in a PR for Maquillage makeup, and modeled in magazines NYLON, ViVi, Furisode MODE (a kimono magazine), JJnet, and mini.

I really, really hope her fame--and the much-needed money she's bringing Avex--helps pull the other girls up. Now that Lil' Fang and Akina have begun making such good music and Mikako has carved out an image as a stylist, together they can do amazing things.
Old 24th January 2021, 09:13 PM
Two of us Initiate

Taki-chan, FAKY's Phillipina-French-Japanese-Brazilian-Spanish cutie is confirmed as a contestant on the new season of ABEMA's top-rated reality dating series, Koi to Ookami ni ha Damasarenai!

This is the series that bumped Hina to Influencer status last year, giving her all the fans and opportunities I summarized in my last post. Taki-chan is already a star in the Philippines thanks to her TV work there as a teen. Maybe this show can raise her profile in Japan, too.

Here's a trailer for the series:

Last edited by MKAyu; 24th January 2021 at 09:15 PM. Reason: fixed links
Old 30th January 2021, 11:15 PM
Two of us Initiate

The Light

Faky's new single, The Light, is out.

It's the theme song for horror movie Jukaimura, which cracks me up, because it's such a cute, up-beat song.

Here's them performing Girls Gotta Live and The Light live in a special Line performance and talking about the movie as part of the movie promotion:

And here's them being made to watch the actual horror movie itself and freaking out.

Last edited by MKAyu; 30th January 2021 at 11:21 PM.
Old 31st January 2021, 04:49 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

The Light is a bopppppp I'm listening to it + little more a lot these days!
Old 31st January 2021, 07:36 PM
Replace Initiate

they always have great songs! are they still with avex? avex is bankrupt, will they move to another label?
Old 31st January 2021, 09:16 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

avex is suffering under the pandemic, but they're not bankrupt.

I already said it, but ever since their reforming in 2016 they haven't released a bad song for me!
The Light is really good as well and the styling and design of the MV such a breath of fresh air for them.
Really happy for them that they're so active in and outside music and made themselves a platform.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 31st January 2021, 09:16 PM
Two of us Initiate

Hud, I know, just about everything they've made in the last couple years has been addictive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_ready? View Post
they always have great songs! are they still with avex? avex is bankrupt, will they move to another label?
Good question. I doubt it, though. Hina in particular seems to be a money-maker with all her advertising, and Avex needs money right now. Actually, if you go to Avex's official site, Faky is on a huge picture at the top!

And the other way, Faky is getting more and more successful, but they're not THAT big. They've had no breakout hits and they're not big names--they're more like youtube star and instagrammer famous, so it would be risky for them to quit and try alone.

If they keep growing, though, and this movie with their song turns out to be a hit, and Taki breaks out like Hina did on Ookami, who knows?

(On Hina being instagram famous: since January 5 when I posted her end-of-2020 activities, she's appeared in Candy Stripper magazine, done a couple of interviews, released her own "produced" line of contacts, appeared at a "DoraemonxGucci" event (and a few other sponsored fashion posts) and is now the face of Kate eyeliner. That's ON TOP OF the new movie promotion and the concert Faky held a few days ago. The girl is on fire.)

Old 31st January 2021, 10:09 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

avex consists of more than just the label.
E.g. some artists are only distributed by them ( some K-Pop bands or Johnny acts e.g.).
Some are also under avex management like Faky ( + they also have their hands in other stuff than music).
And their management is doing an awesome job as they're the ones scoring all those deals and making the music connections and their schedule.
So no, I don't see them switching labels as they're a through and through avex act.
avex, the label, is apparently suffering a bit more (tho it's hard for the whole indistry rn, others have switched the place of headquarters e.g., too), but I highly doubt they vanish from the scene.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 31st January 2021 at 10:15 PM.
Old 13th February 2021, 09:26 PM
Two of us Initiate

Akina released another cover song! Amazing Grace this time.

And it's being used in advertisements for the new movie いのちの停車所!

What a voice she has.
Old 16th February 2021, 09:33 PM
Because of You Initiate

FAKY on ET Canada !

"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 16th February 2021, 11:53 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkAYuko View Post
FAKY on ET Canada !

That's a great clip! I wonder what brought them to the attention of ET Canada?

And I agree with Taki. A lot of ballads bore me, but Half-Moon is really catchy.
Old 18th February 2021, 03:38 AM
Two of us Initiate

Abema put up the entire first episode of Koi to Ookami ni ha Damasarenai!, the reality dating show Taki is now starring in.

A little cutesy for me, but then, teens are the target audience. Anyway, Taki was adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKAyu View Post
Taki-chan, FAKY's Phillipina-French-Japanese-Brazilian-Spanish cutie is confirmed as a contestant on the new season of ABEMA's top-rated reality dating series, Koi to Ookami ni ha Damasarenai!

Old 25th February 2021, 04:43 AM
Two of us Initiate

Episode 2 of Ookami staring Taki-chan is out for free on YouTube.

And in April, Hina is going to have her very first role in a Dorama called "Girl Gun Lady," which appears to be a horrible attempt to sell toys. Oh well, I'm glad she's getting more screen time and attention.