[News] ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3 - Page 16 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th March 2019, 07:50 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Nope they only announced it on Twitter.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 7th March 2019, 09:17 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropass View Post
This is not their first time lifting fans' idea without crediting the original logo maker. They did the same thing for A BEST LIVE and Cirque de Minuit.

Then the title should be “A Triangle” not A Cube.
If it is really A cube it should have been written as A³. I thought they just couldn't type “ ³ ” initially, but after seeing this logo I doubt whether this woman know what does “cube” mean actually lol
Cube doesn’t literally mean cube. It’s somerning to the third power. The three pillars/points/side of the triangle representetive of that. If you can’t wrap your head around that it’s your problem, not theirs.
Old 7th March 2019, 10:20 AM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Cube doesn’t literally mean cube. It’s somerning to the third power. The three pillars/points/side of the triangle representetive of that. If you can’t wrap your head around that it’s your problem, not theirs.
What I want to say is people type something like “n^3” is just because they couldn't type the actual n³. So in fact A cube “A^3” should be written as A³ and the ^ actually should not exists. I can't understand how come they could use such unaesthetic wordings and even use the ^ as the element in the logo.
Old 7th March 2019, 10:29 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I remember there is a fan making a cube style logo. That one is better in my opinion...
Old 7th March 2019, 10:32 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropass View Post
What I want to say is people type something like “n^3” is just because they couldn't type the actual n³. So in fact A cube “A^3” should be written as A³ and the ^ actually should not exists. I can't understand how come they could use such unaesthetic wordings and even use the ^ as the element in the logo.
The message is that together they build an infastructure. Remove one corner, and it all collapses. Three sides, three points, three ^.

It completely ties into the message they are putting forward with this concept, the message they described in the past upon announcement.

In general I’m highly critical of aesthetic as well, but because how they chose to represent this tour aesthetically is, in its very essence, a true depiction of the concept itself, of what A^3 really means, I’m pleased. Anything outside of this aesthetic would lose so much of it’s symbolism and meaning.

If written as A3, people would take it for what it is. A^3 begs people to ask “why A^3?” To look deeper into it. To NOT take it at face value. This conversation we are having is exactly the reason they chose to move forward with “A^3.” Its adding value where there otherwise may not have been.

Last edited by Zeke.; 7th March 2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 7th March 2019, 11:03 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Totally random, but I think the logo looks like the Zelda Triforce LOL.

Whatever I got from the translation on the site, is that even tho you pronounce it as A Cube, Ayu wants to show three different aspects from herself (I have a very bad google translate, so please don't take my word from it, because my Japanese is crap) I don't know why we necessairly have got to read it as A Cube. It shows that many people are confused by it. I read it as The Power of A To The Power Of 3...
(Now I understand this sounds even lamer)

Also the power of 3 indicates the the substance/the capacity of a cube: So I guess Ayu is really trying hard to make sure that this tour is gonna show all the depths, insides and maybe secrets of Ayu's personality...

Maybe this is a big DUH or a big WAT? But yeah... I find it also the weirdest tour name ever.

Old 7th March 2019, 11:09 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
Totally random, but I think the logo looks like the Zelda Triforce LOL.

Whatever I got from the translation on the site, is that even tho you pronounce it as A Cube, Ayu wants to show three different aspects from herself (I have a very bad google translate, so please don't take my word from it, because my Japanese is crap) I don't know why we necessairly have got to read it as A Cube. It shows that many people are confused by it. I read it as The Power of A To The Power Of 3...
(Now I understand this sounds even lamer)

Also the power of 3 indicates the the substance/the capacity of a cube: So I guess Ayu is really trying hard to make sure that this tour is gonna show all the depths, insides and maybe secrets of Ayu's personality...

Maybe this is a big DUH or a big WAT? But yeah... I find it also the weirdest tour name ever.
It’s not all about ayu. The fans, the troupe, and of course, ayu herself, they are all part of the “hamasaki ayumi” brand. They are also all of what comes together to make the tour happen. That’s what she’s trying to get out. The power of these three entities coming together to make for one experience. THAT is “A^3.”

Last edited by Zeke.; 7th March 2019 at 11:11 AM.
Old 7th March 2019, 11:23 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Ok so, let me rephrase: The substance of the cube/tour/brand are, like you said, the fans, the troupe and Ayu herself. We solved the math hurray!

Old 7th March 2019, 12:16 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
It’s because 3 “^” symbols literally surround the A. Look closely. One ^ on top, one on each side, forming a triangle. I appreciate they thought it through in such a way. If it were stylized as A3, you would lose that hidden imagery and nuance there. This is telling that they had a vision and a reason for picking “A^3” over A3.
lmao this is a reach if I’ve ever seen it; it’s been stylized as A^3 since before the logo was unveiled and it’s because you can’t type superscript on a Japanese keyboard. Switching their region to type out the superscript was too much effort, I guess
Old 7th March 2019, 12:21 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
The message is that together they build an infastructure. Remove one corner, and it all collapses. Three sides, three points, three ^.

It completely ties into the message they are putting forward with this concept, the message they described in the past upon announcement.

In general I’m highly critical of aesthetic as well, but because how they chose to represent this tour aesthetically is, in its very essence, a true depiction of the concept itself, of what A^3 really means, I’m pleased. Anything outside of this aesthetic would lose so much of it’s symbolism and meaning.

If written as A3, people would take it for what it is. A^3 begs people to ask “why A^3?” To look deeper into it. To NOT take it at face value. This conversation we are having is exactly the reason they chose to move forward with “A^3.” Its adding value where there otherwise may not have been.
Then I know why they didn't choose those designs with an actual cube. The concept is great, but I still can't stand A^3 and the logo, there should have a better visualisation. I miss the old days they still have fund to hire design team to produce stunning logos like MY STORY, NEXT LEVEL, Rock'n'Roll Circus.
Old 7th March 2019, 12:51 PM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
Ok so, let me rephrase: The substance of the cube/tour/brand are, like you said, the fans, the troupe and Ayu herself. We solved the math hurray!
I wish the logo would be something like, the 3 sides of ayu. The ayu from the 90’s, early 2000 and now. Honestly I’m sick of the troupe getting so much attention during lives. Then to find out that this logo which I thought was all about ayu, now features the troupe too is disappointing.
Old 7th March 2019, 01:35 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
lmao this is a reach if I’ve ever seen it; it’s been stylized as A^3 since before the logo was unveiled and it’s because you can’t type superscript on a Japanese keyboard. Switching their region to type out the superscript was too much effort, I guess
+1

Old 7th March 2019, 03:24 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalove View Post
I wish the logo would be something like, the 3 sides of ayu. The ayu from the 90’s, early 2000 and now. Honestly I’m sick of the troupe getting so much attention during lives. Then to find out that this logo which I thought was all about ayu, now features the troupe too is disappointing.
That's how I feel now too.
Old 7th March 2019, 04:41 PM
YOU Initiate

I've just reviewed the introduction of this POWER of A^3 live. Google translated this sentence “浜崎あゆみのアイコンである“A”に、立方体を表すキューブがプラスされている” it means “The cube representing the cube is added to "A" which is the icon of Hamasaki Ayumi”. And the Kanji word “立方体” does mean an actual cube. This is why I was excepting the logo would be an actual cube but not a triangle-like shape. At least it should be in 3D but not that flat graphic.
Old 7th March 2019, 04:44 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
Does it matter if it makes sense now though? Originally I was appalled as well but rationality has been brought to this faux pas and I appreciate all that it stands for as it is now. It took a fan to “fix” it which feeds back into the message that it takes 3 entities to mark he success of all that is “hamasaki ayumi.” Additionally, for some reason it’s easier to imagine and understand that ^3 is three different entities when stylized that way. Were it A3 then it seems easier to read it as 3 entities/sides/aspects of ayu herself.
Old 7th March 2019, 05:29 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

If the fans she takes the logos from works in graphic design or pursues a career on it will have a top tier pop star logo on their portfolio. If they are'nt, they will have braging rights among other fans for life. I'm not getting the whole drama as I doubt anyone wasn't aware their logo was going to be used before it was made public.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 7th March 2019, 07:31 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I like the logo! It's not too overstuffed, I like the font, and it actually makes good use of of the ^ (which I also wish they hadn't decided to run with, but at least the person who made this logo was able to turn it into something good).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
If the fans she takes the logos from works in graphic design or pursues a career on it will have a top tier pop star logo on their portfolio. If they are'nt, they will have braging rights among other fans for life. I'm not getting the whole drama as I doubt anyone wasn't aware their logo was going to be used before it was made public.
There is no "drama" here, people have been perfectly reasonable in expressing that it's poor conduct on avex's/Ayu's team's part that they're not crediting the person who made the logo visibly enough. I agree with them, it's really bad that the graphic artist didn't get named and credited in the announcement on the official site. (And did they even get paid? Based on what people are saying, I guess not, and that's a whole new can of worms...)
Old 7th March 2019, 07:46 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Does it matter if it makes sense now though? Originally I was appalled as well but rationality has been brought to this faux pas and I appreciate all that it stands for as it is now. It took a fan to “fix” it which feeds back into the message that it takes 3 entities to mark he success of all that is “hamasaki ayumi.” Additionally, for some reason it’s easier to imagine and understand that ^3 is three different entities when stylized that way. Were it A3 then it seems easier to read it as 3 entities/sides/aspects of ayu herself.
Honestly, the level of reaching in all of your posts regarding the A^3 talk... far too much

Old 7th March 2019, 07:57 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacku View Post
There is no "drama" here, people have been perfectly reasonable in expressing that it's poor conduct on avex's/Ayu's team's part that they're not crediting the person who made the logo visibly enough. I agree with them, it's really bad that the graphic artist didn't get named and credited in the announcement on the official site. (And did they even get paid? Based on what people are saying, I guess not, and that's a whole new can of worms...)
If the people who made the logo aren't bothered by that, I don't really see the problem. They agreed the logo to be used in whatever terms both parties agreed. In that sense, this IS drama as something that was set peacefully among the interestes ones ir beint blown out of the water by other people who has no business on it.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 7th March 2019, 08:08 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Honestly without official credit that's hard to do.
If Ayu's team was smart they let the fan sign a contract that she's giving up all her rights to her own creation, cause they gonna use it for making money.
But they probably just count on exactly what you described - that she is proud they took her design and contributed to Ayu's career and therefor won't pursue anything.
An actual graphic designer probably wouldn't be so easy to handle, but of course we don't know how it exactly went behind closed doors.
But that's another point, setting up an competition without any rules or legal framework people can look up.
Legally it's not secure, for both sides. Just hope they did it afterwards.

But even without thinking about all that - it's mandatory and professional to credit or simply also polite to do that.
No matter if the creator cares about it or not.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Closed Thread

Tags
a cube, goods, power of a^3