[News] Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 DVD/BD release - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 1st September 2018, 09:32 AM
rainy day Initiate

"Do you like my stick? Sexy stick huh?" What's up with that Timmy?
Old 1st September 2018, 10:18 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
I just watched Chapter 1 last night. I would the concert's energy was VERY HIGH and there was just so much jumping and pumping fists kinda atmosphere going on. I do love the stage design. Always loved a stage that was more than just an extended runway.

But I couldn't get over how a lot of it was very conceptless. I didnt get what the concert was going for. It had Moulin Rouge moments and then that Military moment but Fly High came out half cute half badass which was such a pity. I mean, the only thing I did observe was this "ONSTAGE PERFORMER - BACKSTAGE DRAMA, MELANCHOLY" idea. Was she trying to say something to the audience?

I felt like the lightning was VERY one note. It was purplish/pink and bright. The only wow part was the fullblown red scene in WARNING's opening. Back in the day, we probably got more lasers and pyros idk. It felt disjointed to me but Ayu was the one that was sustaining the whole energy and vibe. Sometimes I just felt like she let those acrobatics do too much. In this concert alone, they had so many flip around moments during her non-singing parts. Every song could potentially go in that direction.
Her celebratory concerts usually don't go much far concept-wise.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 2nd September 2018, 05:01 AM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiarongisme View Post
Same thinking. And I feel awkward for the only male fan who was chosen upstage when he was surrounded by the sexy dancers and Timmy doing some ass shaking move in front of him. I'm sure he didn't expect this. Not sure if he felt offended in some way especially all of these are included in the DVD.

The female fans were treated quite well though.
Old 2nd September 2018, 05:19 AM
appears Initiate

Isn't the male fan the famous japanese boxer tho? I'm somehow sure he was told what was gonna happen.
Old 2nd September 2018, 06:41 AM
Initiate

Yeah, he's the boxer, so that was probably set up beforehand. He also seemed to be having fun, even dancing with Timmy too.
Old 2nd September 2018, 09:01 AM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadashun View Post
Same thinking. And I feel awkward for the only male fan who was chosen upstage when he was surrounded by the sexy dancers and Timmy doing some ass shaking move in front of him. I'm sure he didn't expect this. Not sure if he felt offended in some way especially all of these are included in the DVD.

The female fans were treated quite well though.
yep awkward moment, im grateful that Ayu didnt do like what JLo did to Pitt Bull lol

whats with the over dramatic during Moment?
Old 2nd September 2018, 12:12 PM
P.S II Initiate

I see. Thanks for the info about the boxer. Anyhow I hope ayu could use another way to interact with him instead of in a sexual way.

Quote:
whats with the over dramatic during Moment?
She was over-dramatic in most of the songs in Chapter 3 but like many here have said, the performance is more powerful when she is emotional. I just hope she didn't cry that much.

Last edited by yamadashun; 2nd September 2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 2nd September 2018, 05:40 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

20 years into her career, and people are still getting bothered by Ayu doing something sexual or gay...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 3rd September 2018, 06:33 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiarongisme View Post
What's up with *many* things when it comes to Timmy.

I don't mind him as a backup vocalist, but when he's got a speaking part...the cringe factor always goes through the roof.

IMO.

I just watched both concerts in two consecutive evenings. I've come to the conclusion that her live band is a must. Chapter 3 was not a bad show by any stretch - but it's just not the same without them.

I think this is part of why I can't get into Namie Amuro or Koda Kumi's concerts as much as I do for Ayu's (well...they do have live musicians every once in a while, but even then they don't have nearly the stage presence as Ayu's).
Old 3rd September 2018, 11:48 PM
Two of us Initiate

She did use the band for Chapter 3: Dec 31st concert. It really made the atmosphere more alive. too bad she didnt release it. Her voice was not much different on that day as on the okinawa bluray though.
Old 4th September 2018, 12:40 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dandy_ View Post
What's up with *many* things when it comes to Timmy.

I don't mind him as a backup vocalist, but when he's got a speaking part...the cringe factor always goes through the roof.

IMO.
I agree. Timmy is alright as a backup vocal and he is a talented composer, I love Brillante, but I cringe whenever he's in the main spotlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dandy_ View Post
I just watched both concerts in two consecutive evenings. I've come to the conclusion that her live band is a must. Chapter 3 was not a bad show by any stretch - but it's just not the same without them.

I think this is part of why I can't get into Namie Amuro or Koda Kumi's concerts as much as I do for Ayu's (well...they do have live musicians every once in a while, but even then they don't have nearly the stage presence as Ayu's).
This was my only complaint with the show, besides Timmy and that "cute" section. Before I even went I was bummed that there was no live band. The show overall was good and having the band record live tracks for her to sing to went a long way into making it sound good, but there really is no replacement for a live band.

I believe Namie toured with a band for about 15 years, up until 2010 or 2011. I was never really sure why she stopped since they really did make her shows that much better. Maybe they got just too expensive and Avex wasn't willing to pay, since her original team were all from LA.... Personally I enjoy her shows with the band more, but I still buy and enjoy some of her recent stuff.

Namie is very different from Ayu on stage. Namie is a lot more shy and Ayu is totally a people-person. Even when Namie was doing MC's, she didn't really try to entertain the crowd with the MC; she was mostly adorably awkward and just thanked people for coming and ask how everyone was doing/enjoying or make some sort of announcement like a single or album or introduce a new song.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 4th September 2018 at 12:59 AM.
Old 8th September 2018, 05:18 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

I have just completed watching both concerts. I have to say JTB Chapter 1 was meh... to me. The interludes were basic.. It was kinda a down-scaled version compared to AT2016. I guess watching it over a DVD is different compared to watching it live.

JTB Chapter 3 was better for me. I liked it that they did different things, like inviting the audience up on stage, and there was an MC (wow).

Now, I can't wait to watch TA2016 and AT2018 on TV!

Tags
dvd/bd release, just the beginning -20-, trouble