[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~FIVE~ - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd September 2011, 04:40 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Sales are better than I thought.
That's great!^^
I guess 180k overall are possible.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 3rd September 2011, 05:10 PM
I am... Initiate

115k first week definitely, maybe 120k with some luck? Love how in 4 days it sold more than what many fans expected it to sell overall haha Also love how this is doing much better than Mamorial Address in the sense that it sells like an album while Memorial Address sold much less than the albums before and after.
Old 3rd September 2011, 05:15 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

^ikr? I saw people doubting it would cross 100k, but it already has! not sure what it'll be total but I'm already satisfied with the sales so far.
Old 3rd September 2011, 08:15 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
115k first week definitely, maybe 120k with some luck? Love how in 4 days it sold more than what many fans expected it to sell overall haha Also love how this is doing much better than Mamorial Address in the sense that it sells like an album while Memorial Address sold much less than the albums before and after.
Memorial address only sold around 100k less than MY STORY though. I sure hope the next studio album will be able to outsell FIVE by that much. Still I think the numbers from back then and today are hardly comparable.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 3rd September 2011, 08:36 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think people underestimated FIVE because of the lack of excitement that the release had leading up to the date. No short PVs for promotion until the day before release, no CM until like four days before.... etc. hence the low sales estimates.

I think that in the end of it all, it's doing great for a mini album (probably better than some artist's full albums) and okay for an Ayu release. Kind of makes me wonder if Ayu will ever have a point where she outsells her previous original album or if the drops will keep happening for a while.
Old 3rd September 2011, 09:26 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

ok.... 180k overall.
Old 3rd September 2011, 09:59 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I think people underestimated FIVE because of the lack of excitement that the release had leading up to the date. No short PVs for promotion until the day before release, no CM until like four days before.... etc. hence the low sales estimates.
People over here keeps underrating her sales for a while now... I remember when Love Songs was released and people was impressed it was charting "so well for so long" and the album was out for only 1 month or 2...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 3rd September 2011, 10:47 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Makes me so happy that she's doing well, (once again ^-^)
I really like FIVE, and hopefully she'll keep the 1st spot a while longer (:
Old 3rd September 2011, 11:05 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post

I think that in the end of it all, it's doing great for a mini album (probably better than some artist's full albums) and okay for an Ayu release. Kind of makes me wonder if Ayu will ever have a point where she outsells her previous original album or if the drops will keep happening for a while.
And I wonder what will be the rock bottom, cuz I can't see her ending up where Shimatani and Ami Suzuki are.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 3rd September 2011, 11:21 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

She's been at the 'top' for so long (maintaining #1s, selling out tours, and etc.) that I'm not sure if she'll ever reach that Mai Kuraki/Ami Suzuki/Hitomi Shimatani-esque status. At the worst, she'll probably sell 120k~ total with an album in the future unless for whatever reason, album sales totals go down even more than they are now.
Old 3rd September 2011, 11:49 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Nice sales!
Old 3rd September 2011, 11:51 PM
still alone Initiate

I am glad she sells well - but I do think avex cares more about the sales than Ayu
Old 4th September 2011, 01:43 AM
GREEN Initiate

^ totally agree!
I guess its doing okay for a mini-album with only 5 tracks...
Old 4th September 2011, 04:34 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
And I wonder what will be the rock bottom, cuz I can't see her ending up where Shimatani and Ami Suzuki are.
I personally see her sales being like Naime's were and are now. They'll go low for a bit but then she'll come out with something that connects to a lot of people like Namie's PLAY and sales will shoot back up. But that is just my personal take of what MIGHT happen. For all I know they could constantly stay this low but to be honest for a mini album with only 5 tracks it isn't bad.

Old 4th September 2011, 04:35 AM
No way to say Initiate

I'm happy she's already sold more than 100k!! good job!

and I'm sure ayu will never end like Ami Suzuki and etc. She's the legend, she's been the best for more than a decade! I'm sure she'll be like Seiko Matsuda, perhaps she'll stop performing, but I guess she'll continue producing

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 4th September 2011, 04:54 AM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Bee View Post
I personally see her sales being like Naime's were and are now. They'll go low for a bit but then she'll come out with something that connects to a lot of people like Namie's PLAY and sales will shoot back up. But that is just my personal take of what MIGHT happen. For all I know they could constantly stay this low but to be honest for a mini album with only 5 tracks it isn't bad.
I agree... She has been on top for so long... her sales are going to start to drop and then one day she's going to do something and BAM! super sales...
Old 4th September 2011, 07:40 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Bee View Post
ya that could happen! let's not forget that seiko matsuda's highest selling single was released 16 years into her career
Old 4th September 2011, 08:05 AM
walking proud Initiate

Yay Ayu! I'm surprised this album is doing as good as it is. I was worried the collabs could hurt her ...but it doesn't look that way .
Old 4th September 2011, 08:26 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

sales are nice, exactly what i was waiting for... =)
Old 4th September 2011, 10:50 AM
Will Initiate

The sales is good for a mini!

I AM ESSITED! Taeyeon Thank you miroro

code:exoaffxtionnanaseven

Closed Thread

Tags
『five』, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, mini album, oricon