[Official Message] Last Minute - full PV - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 28th March 2015, 04:26 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Honestly, we probably wouldn't have this problem if you didn't keep going and going. As the ice queen says, let it go. We know you hate this PV.

Last edited by truehappiness; 28th March 2015 at 04:29 AM.
Old 28th March 2015, 04:33 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

The Queen ha impact tbh
Old 28th March 2015, 05:11 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
Simple is great. One of my favorite PVs was curtain call. NEXT LEVEL was really simple as well. But to me, the whole point of a PV is to tell a visual story or to give me some visual content that accompanies the song. That's the whole reason the music video was invented in the late 70's. I don't watch videos to just stare at someone, like Lorde in the Tennis Court, mouthing to a camera. That's not the point of a music video.

I probably wouldn't feel so nasty about this PV if it didn't come off cheap. I've been just as angered with similar videos from other artists because this is not the point of a music video, but this is a one-up from that because the videos are a selling point for the CD+DVD version. I don't think an extra $10-15 plus tax is a fair price for MP4s of Ayu singing in front of a webcam.

It's not an ugly video. It just comes off lazy to me. This is PV #38 that Ayu has done the same motions and facial expressions, so the only power I see, even after having watched it a half-dozen times, is the cable running to that light...

That's like saying flushing a toilet adds some drama to what would otherwise just be me sitting in a restroom for four minutes.

Stop.

You are setting a terrible example for participation on AHS by padding threads with posts that directly and indirectly call out some users for strong opinions. An opinion that this PV is absolute trash is not a threat to another opinion that this is a masterpiece. If I post that I think Ayumi is an asshole for having not planned a better video, it is not an insult to you because you loved the video she made. If you don't like someone's "choice of words", you have plenty of autonomy to skip around that contribution. Do not, however, use that autonomy to discourage people from contributing by labeling opinions you don't like as "aggressive contempt" or derailing threads into banter over what you consider to be appropriate and inappropriate ways to express an opinion or contribute to the topic.

Everyone should be encouraged to throw an opinion in, question others' opinions, debate things, make sarcastic remarks, cry, laugh, and cry while laughing. We don't think with the same vocabulary, cultural values, social behaviors, or personal interests, so my opinion will never be the right choice of words to another person--that, in part, is why it can be my opinion. However, your comments about "aggressive contempt" and people's "choice of words" points fingers at people for opinions you don't agree with, or opinions that weren't expressed with your personal "choice of words". Worse, your banter, takes an impersonal topic and makes it personal.

Stop nitpicking certain contributions for "choice of words" and keep the context of these threads somewhat related to the topic.
"Don't have strong opinion about me having strong opinions!"

Ok...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 28th March 2015, 05:20 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Honestly, we probably wouldn't have this problem if you didn't keep going and going. As the ice queen says, let it go. We know you hate this PV.
I posted twice. Once was my opinion, and the second was a follow-up on a post Zeke made that commented on that opinion. In contrast, now ten posts (this included) in this topic are about whether certain opinions should be posted, the character of people posting certain opinions, disagreement over someone's "choice of words", or some discussion related to those three topics.

I'd say the numbers point to someone else, a staff member, and a few other people starting this discussion because they didn't like what I said about a music video. Keep these off-topic rants about which opinions matter to yourselves or in a separate thread, and I will stop defending myself and others to this nonsense every time you decide to bully the value of a person's opinion because you don't like the semantics.
Old 28th March 2015, 05:25 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Simple is great. One of my favorite PVs was curtain call. NEXT LEVEL was really simple as well. But to me, the whole point of a PV is to tell a visual story or to give me some visual content that accompanies the song. That's the whole reason the music video was invented in the late 70's. I don't watch videos to just stare at someone, like Lorde in the Tennis Court, mouthing to a camera. That's not the point of a music video.

I probably wouldn't feel so nasty about this PV if it didn't come off cheap. I've been just as angered with similar videos from other artists because this is not the point of a music video, but this is a one-up from that because the videos are a selling point for the CD+DVD version. I don't think an extra $10-15 plus tax is a fair price for MP4s of Ayu singing in front of a webcam.

It's not an ugly video. It just comes off lazy to me. This is PV #38 that Ayu has done the same motions and facial expressions, so the only power I see, even after having watched it a half-dozen times, is the cable running to that light...

That's like saying flushing a toilet adds some drama to what would otherwise just be me sitting in a restroom for four minutes.

Stop.

You are setting a terrible example for participation on AHS by padding threads with posts that directly and indirectly call out some users for strong opinions. An opinion that this PV is absolute trash is not a threat to another opinion that this is a masterpiece. If I post that I think Ayumi is an asshole for having not planned a better video, it is not an insult to you because you loved the video she made. If you don't like someone's "choice of words", you have plenty of autonomy to skip around that contribution. Do not, however, use that autonomy to discourage people from contributing by labeling opinions you don't like as "aggressive contempt" or derailing threads into banter over what you consider to be appropriate and inappropriate ways to express an opinion or contribute to the topic.

Everyone should be encouraged to throw an opinion in, question others' opinions, debate things, make sarcastic remarks, cry, laugh, and cry while laughing. We don't think with the same vocabulary, cultural values, social behaviors, or personal interests, so my opinion will never be the right choice of words to another person--that, in part, is why it can be my opinion. However, your comments about "aggressive contempt" and people's "choice of words" points fingers at people for opinions you don't agree with, or opinions that weren't expressed with your personal "choice of words". Worse, your banter, takes an impersonal topic and makes it personal.

Stop nitpicking certain contributions for "choice of words" and keep the context of these threads somewhat related to the topic.
you seem to be the only person who took other's opinions way too personally. You're trying to do what i did once with Colours, maybe i din't do it to such extreme but it was close - trying to take someone stronger words for liking and trying to convey them that you don't like it. Um.. i think we all got it, already. Don't worry you're not gonna start liking something just because someone else do, i's gonna be fine As for the value of opinions? well none's opinion has value to me other than my own. I think that's about right. And i'm not sure why you think their opinion is so important about what people would or should not do on the forum in terms of discussions on liking and disliking. *shrugs*

now shall we go back to the video?

Last edited by BlackSilence; 28th March 2015 at 05:44 AM.
Old 28th March 2015, 05:30 AM
fairyland Initiate

What the fuck is happening right now lmao. This video is so simple and harmless but the discussion that it's caused is montrous.

Meh, I still enjoy the video. If anything I LOVE HER DRESSES. I WANT.

Old 28th March 2015, 06:23 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
What the fuck is happening right now lmao. This video is so simple and harmless but the discussion that it's caused is montrous.

It wouldn't be AHS if this didn't happen at least its not just about the font this time. Though I find her PVs fine for this album. I would still love a story PV but we get what we get, and we should be used to her PVs being like this by now. I still find these PVs fresh, compared with all her music videos

Old 28th March 2015, 06:24 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Stop.

Like it or not, opinions on the opinions are just as accepted and are on topic. That's what creates discussion instead of just a list of opinions. If you don't like the discussion, don't engage. I won't stop you from posting your opinions (like you keep trying to do), but I'll react to them if I want to. Trying to shame people because they're reacting to what you say isn't any better than what you're complaining about. Funny how I have to even say this after you JUST posted: "Everyone should be encouraged to throw an opinion in, question others' opinions, debate things, make sarcastic remarks, cry, laugh, and cry while laughing" but are telling us to stop doing that. Um.

And frankly, my post was more of a general comment about people here that go over-the-top to express dislike. I get it, it's sassy sometimes, whatever. If it rubs me the wrong way, I'm going to comment, because as you say, I can question other opinions (especially when they seem irrational or excessive, of course!). And as far as I know, I was pretty direct when I quoted you initially anyway, there was just nothing else to respond to after that.

Old 28th March 2015, 10:28 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:

i think that's a success for the director that it brings such extremes. lol
Old 28th March 2015, 10:46 AM
JEWEL Initiate

It's crazy how some people will go frantic if anyone expresses their dissatisfaction with how they come across with their words but it's perfectly okay to use whatever language to express their opinion on someone's art. Just like ayu put out her music to be discussed, people's opinions can also be discussed.
Old 28th March 2015, 10:56 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I would like to note that people are wasting a ton of time... on a music artists' fan boards debating the nature of their opinions and criticisms............
Wouldn't be AHS without it, but my god, I've gotta wonder how old some people are. I'm all for expressing opinions and debating but a lot of times it crosses into people getting emotionally worked up about what they think about an ayu pv, I mean, it's just too much.

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old 28th March 2015, 11:08 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
This PV is causing more chaos than Lady Dynamite lol. It's funny how PVs that do too much or too little cause mayhem.
Old 28th March 2015, 12:44 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

God some of ya'll act like a bunch of hormonial teenagers, like take a vacation, smoke a cigarette or something.
Old 28th March 2015, 01:47 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikku1994 View Post
God some of ya'll act like a bunch of hormonial teenagers, like take a vacation, smoke a cigarette or something.

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old 28th March 2015, 02:09 PM
TO BE Initiate

PERFECT!
Old 28th March 2015, 03:08 PM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
This PV is causing more chaos than Lady Dynamite lol. It's funny how PVs that do too much or too little cause mayhem.
Which is funny, because I swear that PV was supposed to be more taboo. I don't think Ayu was planning that for this PV. Her !reaction! PV was supposed to be Warning, not this one

Old 28th March 2015, 03:10 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Which is funny, because I swear that PV was supposed to be more taboo. I don't think Ayu was planning that for this PV. Her !reaction! PV was supposed to be Warning, not this one
Ayu is serving us a reverse Warholian experience. Her ArTpOp could mean N E Thing.
Old 28th March 2015, 10:50 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Well watching it a few more times (in full) it has grown on me a lot.
The light effect and cheapness just bothered me at first. It could be way worse (I checked out that Lorde video someone posted earlier... yikes).
I liked the ending a lot.
Old 28th March 2015, 10:53 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
Ayu is serving us a reverse Warholian experience. Her ArTpOp could mean N E Thing.
It's actually her A TPOP.
Old 29th March 2015, 01:11 AM
Connected Initiate

If you find this PV sux, please go and listen to WARNING. It's far better than that imo... if you find the PV nicer than Last minute... pls read the lyrics of WARNING...

(Ayu doesn't give a damn about ur hater speech... lol!)

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a one, last minute