MADE IN JAPAN song titles + lyric teasers on social media - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 2nd May 2016, 07:50 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
What DOES bother me is "serious" songs with foolish titles like "Song 4 U" and "talkin' 2 myself". "You are the only one" is a nice title and we can guess it's gonna be a beautiful ballad, so I am okay. As long as it's not "U R the only 1" I'm reaaaally okay with everything else
I actually quite like "talkin' 2 myself" but I wish she had stopped using actual number in song titles after that (I still laugh at "NOW & 4EVA").
Old 2nd May 2016, 07:59 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Eeeeh, I don't mind long or short titles, nor ALL CAPS or lower case titles. What DOES bother me is "serious" songs with foolish titles like "Song 4 U" and "talkin' 2 myself".
I quite like talkin' 2 myself tbh, but I agree, I still cringe when I read Song 4 u, NOW & 4EVA

Quote:
"You are the only one" is a nice title and we can guess it's gonna be a beautiful ballad, so I am okay. As long as it's not "U R the only 1" I'm reaaaally okay with everything else
L A W D
Old 2nd May 2016, 08:04 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
so necessary, it's almost like we didn't have another thread titled something liked "new album titled MADE IN JAPAN" like jesus christ I saw this and thought there was official info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I was thinking the same thing with the last thread that was opened for the title (even though the album discussion/news thread before that was over 500 posts).
To be honest, I just find the other thread good for general discussion on the album/speculation (since it was initially made when the album was announced), and then for each significant piece of new information (like song titles, covers) there is a new thread to bring it to people's attention specifically. That information can be easily lost through people's reactions or conversations. It's a forum after all - there can be room for everything!

I really don't take news thread organisation super seriously though, so if people really want us to deal with it a different way, I'm open to suggestions to forward to the other moderators.

Last edited by koumori; 2nd May 2016 at 08:06 PM.
Old 2nd May 2016, 08:23 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I like Song 4 u and NOW & 4EVA since they have a bit of flavor to them. Song for you just doesn't feel right IMO, but NOW & FOREVER is okay, I suppose.

And as far as news threads go, we have a lot of variation in how things are done so I don't think it will ever be all that organized.

My view on it is that not everyone will be checking threads for new content, so some may miss out on little details here and there. If I recall correctly, the course of action was generally "new news, new thread" for years now. Though I initially just had the single umbrella thread thing going for quite some time and it was very difficult to keep track of things even though I did try to update as much as I could in first posts, so there really cannot be any umbrella threads before we know too many details, like now. Once we get a release date and the rest of the song titles, things will start falling into place. It was an unorthodox method of "announcing" the album as well, with no hint of anything to come until we got the social media teases.

Since this place is a bit low in activity in the last year or two, I'm just trying to make it easier for people to see that something new is happening rather than just see a thread get bumped and need to look for new things in a single thread.

Last edited by truehappiness; 2nd May 2016 at 08:26 PM.
Old 2nd May 2016, 08:26 PM
rainy day Initiate

It's annoying though when more and more the same or similar discussions are being had across three or even four different threads. I lose my own comments half the time and a few times I have to quote someone from another thread because it's relavent to comment on in another thread where the discussion seems to be running deeper.

I'm an organization freak though so a universal standard for posting in the various sections I see as beneficial. Sometimes it's like people want to be the first to announce something to the forum that they jump on creating a new thread before taking the time to figure out what makes the most sense as far as delivery goes. There are some members who seem to have a leg into announcements the most, or like opening new threads, so I think having an understanding that when you open a big thread like the news for an album, you should be ready to take on the responsibility of updating the first post so that we have one place to store the information. Generally people have been good with that but this made in Japan era has been kind of disastrous.
Old 2nd May 2016, 08:31 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

This era has only really consisted of the initial announcement, a general "new album" post on Instagram/Twitter, and these new song titles. If anything, I'd say that the most muddled we've had things was probably 2004 or 2005 with lots of threads for each individual new song release, so this is nothing compared to that. To call 4 threads DISASTROUS is not apt at all since it's four on a first page of threads that dates back to 5 months ago. If anything, this is par for the course, but it's just that the forum activity has lessened overall. I would also like to keep everything central and perhaps have a sticky for the "general" thread so that it is the place to talk about things generally (or in a reveal thread) if they wish, but it would depend on if there is someone around to update the thread which may not be the case among other things. Personally, I like the way things are now. We have the general reveal threads to serve as "news breaks + speculation" and then new pieces of information will get their own threads and a home in the "discussion" thread first post so that those who do not check threads religiously will be able to see that something new is happening without having to dig through anything.

I suspect we'll probably be waiting a week or two before we actually get any new threads, so just be patient and things will work themselves out as we get new information. Isn't that how we've always done things as a forum?

Last edited by truehappiness; 2nd May 2016 at 08:38 PM.
Old 2nd May 2016, 08:36 PM
rainy day Initiate

More or less, but I think the oddest thing was the first 'news' thread "New album." being opened in the News section when there wasn't anything concrete or official to showcase in the first post. Like we all knew she was working on an album, it didn't really warrant a news thread. I think that's also why it has felt like longer than it has been because the initial seed was laid in the news section earlier in the production process than were used to. It's like if we would open a news thread up in January for the tour that hasn't been announced yet.

Anyway, it's not a huge deal, I just love and appreciate good organization. A formatting system like [title of project] [number thread] [latest development] would make the threads easier to differentiate and continue a developing disussion across multiple threads as they evolve in relation to a common subject.

Last edited by Zeke.; 2nd May 2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 2nd May 2016, 08:39 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think organization will come with more information. At that point, I think people were just starving. Ayu has been teasing us about the album for ages and now to finally get lyrics... I want more!
Old 2nd May 2016, 08:44 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaristos View Post
Since she's probably going to reveal the titles on a regular basis I think a separate thread is a good idea. Otherwise the information gets lost in the middle of all the other comments.
I second this. It would be nice to have the rough translations we got so far in the main post, though. Even if maybe they weren't added because there can be different or even contrasting meaning depending on the songs' contexts.

Thanks for opening the thread, by the way.
Old 2nd May 2016, 08:52 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubuki View Post
I second this. It would be nice to have the rough translations we got so far in the main post, though. Even if maybe they weren't added because there can be different or even contrasting meaning depending on the songs' contexts.

Thanks for opening the thread, by the way.
I will put them in there as well. I wasn't sure since we didn't really get any concrete ones but I can always just edit later.
Old 2nd May 2016, 09:10 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I will put them in there as well. I wasn't sure since we didn't really get any concrete ones but I can always just edit later.
That's what I thought too Thank you. Right now it doesn't mean much, but if she keeps revealing those lyrics, it can be useful to have all of them with translation in the main post of a dedicated thread (in my opinion).
Old 2nd May 2016, 09:24 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Eeeeh, I don't mind long or short titles, nor ALL CAPS or lower case titles. What DOES bother me is "serious" songs with foolish titles like "Song 4 U" and "talkin' 2 myself". "You are the only one" is a nice title and we can guess it's gonna be a beautiful ballad, so I am okay. As long as it's not "U R the only 1" I'm reaaaally okay with everything else

Mad World seems to be a great track, I imagine something like SCAR/End of the world
I think if the song is really great then the title doesn't matter at all.
But if the song is just "OK" then every factor must count including the title. NOW & 4EVA is just "OK" to me, and I hate the title, so I don't bother with it.

Could've just been "Now & Forever".
Old 3rd May 2016, 02:21 AM
SAKURA Initiate

Ahh! All this news is so exciting! I absolutely love the titles, "Mad World" & "You are the only one" already (same with they're lyrics ) so I'm even more hyped to see what ayu's about to reveal to us, from MADE IN JAPAN, next! I also wouldn't necessarily mind if part of the Numero Tokyo photoshoot is similar to the album booklet...as I do love the simplicity of it all, but I do kinda hope there's like both aspects within the pictures: simplicity & then also something kinda edgy/unexpected. Regardless, if any of the pictures turn out as gorgeous as this one, I'll still be one happy fan girl.
Spoiler:

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 3rd May 2016, 02:27 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

May have a new title coming soon! Maybe in a few hours!

Oh never mind, in a few minutes!

「どう見られてるかな?」
「どう思われるかな?」
言いたい事も言えないで誰かの理想のために生きないで。
-TODAY-

New track: TODAY. Roughly, I think it's like... how do you see things? how do you feel about them? I want to tell you but can't (?) to not live for the sake of anyone else's ideals.

Spoiler:

Definitely a very straightforward line here.

Last edited by truehappiness; 3rd May 2016 at 02:43 AM.
Old 3rd May 2016, 02:35 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I want the new picture as a cover... Looks so nice...

* Watched it Live *
⭐️
2017.6.17 & 6.18 ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- Tour 2017』
⭐️
2016.12.30 &12.31 Countdown Live 2016-2017 Just the Beginning -20-
⭐️
2016.11.16 Limited TA Tour 2016
⭐️
2016.07.08 & 07.10 Arena Tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~
⭐️
2015.10.02 Limited TA Tour 2015
⭐️
2015.06.06 - 06.07 Arena Tour 2015 ~ Cirque de Minuit 真夜中のサーカス ~

Old 3rd May 2016, 02:42 AM
As if.. Initiate

I swear if she's just teasing each track and then we won't hear the album for 2 months, I'll be annoyed af lol Kinda hoping she just releases this out of nowhere at this point
Old 3rd May 2016, 02:43 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
May have a new title coming soon! Maybe in a few hours!

Oh never mind, in a few minutes!

「どう見られてるかな?」
「どう思われるかな?」
言いたい事も言えないで誰かの理想のために生きないで。
-TODAY-

New track: TODAY. Roughly, I think it's like... how do you see things? how do you feel about them? I want to tell you to not live for the sake of anyone else's ideals.

Spoiler:

Definitely a very straightforward line here.
"How do people see me?"
"What do people think of me?"
Don't live your life according to the standards of others,
leaving unsaid all the things you want to say
Old 3rd May 2016, 02:44 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Thank you! Will add to the first post.
Old 3rd May 2016, 02:44 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Not feeling the new pic, looks too artificial and again nothing going on here. The lyrics seems really promising tho It seems she's back with lyrics questioning her surroundings and people in general, and I LOVE IT

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 3rd May 2016, 02:45 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The lyrics are feeling very 90s/early 00s Ayu.

The picture is a little stiff IMO. On the plus side, if she has this many images, I wonder if we're getting a photobook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigochild View Post
I swear if she's just teasing each track and then we won't hear the album for 2 months, I'll be annoyed af lol Kinda hoping she just releases this out of nowhere at this point
I think we will hear some songs during the tour.

Last edited by truehappiness; 3rd May 2016 at 02:49 AM.

Tags
flower, m(a)de in japan, mad world, made in japan, survivor, you are the only one