Asian music "what's on your mind" thread III - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 11th February 2019, 08:12 AM
I am... Initiate

Thanks Corvina! I like all the songs you recommended, and Doctor I will look forward to her next release.

I read from last.fm that she was bullied in school, so that answers my question about the inspiration for the Pain Is Beauty video/ the song To Haters
Old 11th February 2019, 09:54 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Yamapi & ARASHI's Sakurai at the red carpet of today's 61st Annual Grammy Awards

Yamapi did English interview commentary with other celebrities on the red carpet which in this case he interviewed Zedd (the guy on the far left) , just like what V6's Sakamoto did last year for WOWOW as they're the ones that broadcast the Grammies in Japan

And Yamapi used English and said to Zedd that Sakurai is the number 1 star in Japan , LOL

https://twitter.com/sakuraifacts/sta...01379636330497

Ah damn so cool xD

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 11th February 2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11th February 2019, 02:13 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianghua View Post
Thanks Corvina! I like all the songs you recommended, and Doctor I will look forward to her next release.

I read from last.fm that she was bullied in school, so that answers my question about the inspiration for the Pain Is Beauty video/ the song To Haters
Yeah, Pain Is Beauty is such a sad song, especially cause there are her real experiences behind it.
Which is why we have that dedication to the people supporting her at the end of the video.

Ah, just found this new English interview with her!
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture.../#.XGEwRFO1I0N

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 11th February 2019 at 02:16 PM.
Old 13th February 2019, 02:10 PM

Becky is now married , congrats to her

Hoping the best for Becky as she gone through so much over the years & didn't helped she had horrible relationships with men inclusive the last 1 which really screwed her up while he got away relatively free with his bands which shows how much of a double standard Japan's society still is unfortunately -_-

Here's hoping Becky's new husband will treat her with respect , love & kindness

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 15th February 2019, 03:26 AM
GREEN Initiate

Why did Kana is going on hiatus :*(
Old 16th February 2019, 04:12 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
Why did Kana is going on hiatus :*(
She posted a message to her official website, stating the following:

"Since debuting in 2008, I've met many people and have been surrounded by the music I love...I have my 30s to look forward to soon. I want to travel. There are so many places I want to go and there are many things I want to try."

Honestly, I think this is a smart move if she feels uninspired. Better to take a breather now than to wait until she has a mental breakdown or something
I support her decision, no matter what, she knows herself best <3 All love and luck to her <3

Edit: I made an assumption that you are talking about Kana Nishino
Old 16th February 2019, 05:05 AM
GREEN Initiate

^ I am.
Im just sad that shes taking a break. I mean its going to be good for her in the end, but I just love her music, haha. Im not gonna know what to do without a yearly album.
Old 21st February 2019, 08:23 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Yeah, Pain Is Beauty is such a sad song, especially cause there are her real experiences behind it.
Which is why we have that dedication to the people supporting her at the end of the video.

Ah, just found this new English interview with her!
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture.../#.XGEwRFO1I0N
thank you! an interesting read especially about the social media which i agree with. it makes me want to write something nice to her since she checks out the comments~

and lol at her saying she would have became a kpop idol if she went back to Korea, when i first saw her pictures i thought she had the kpop idol look
Old 25th February 2019, 10:43 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Nissy's dome tour is completely sold out. Wow.
With his 5 year anniversary of going solo his new releases are also for the first time available everywhere and not limited to mu-mo.
It's interesting, how popular he and AAA are right now.
I do love Shinjiro Atae's new song and PV Never Mind btw. (Kuu's female dancer Minami from her two last tours is in it)
His English is really good - if he's the one writing his Insta posts in Japanese and English himself.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 25th February 2019, 12:32 PM

^ AAA no doubt has come a very long way from their humble beginnings as backup dancers until what they were able to achieve now , be it solo or group wise

Old 26th February 2019, 01:07 PM

UVERworld's new single is released this week & instead of the full PV , Sony only decided to release a short PV version , as per norm -_-

I don't understand Sony's logic , if the PV is included in the single's DVD I can understand but the fact that it's not , I don't get it

Let alone UVERworld is notorious for not including their PVs in either their singles or albums and it's long overdue for them to put out another PV collection release , same with SID

Anyway I think Touch off will be something I would like full version wise seeing that UVERworld's music can be way too experimental for my liking

And it's extremely rare for a Rock band to have a member that plays the saxophone where he was only a temporary member prior to UVERworld making him a full time member of the gorup

Old 28th February 2019, 04:24 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Sekai no Owari's new double album is really good!
And releasing double albums (seperately) definitely is a trend now.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 28th February 2019, 04:56 PM

Frankly I'm quite shocked that Touch off is the 3rd back to back UVERworld single I can genuinely say that I like

Before ODD FUTURE , the last UVERworld single I still liked up to now was I LOVE THE WORLD and prior to that , it was back in 2010 with NO.1 o_O

And NEWS + Kisumai should stop releasing albums on a yearly basis as the quality of their music suffered in process

That's already sadly evident in NEWS's latest album WORLDISTA which look set to be my least favourite since QUARTETTO :x

Old 1st March 2019, 04:03 AM

My sister has won the ticket balloting for ARASHI Anniversary Tour 5x20 !

Damn that's even better than winning the lottery as fanclub members are only able to win tickets for 1 date despite the maximum 3 dates balloting option imposed but that's J&A for you

Old 3rd March 2019, 02:09 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Sekai no Owari's new double album is really good!
And releasing double albums (seperately) definitely is a trend now.
Glad to see that someone is listening to SEKAI NO OWARI here. The albums are good but I prefer Eye over Lip.
Old 3rd March 2019, 05:36 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
Glad to see that someone is listening to SEKAI NO OWARI here. The albums are good but I prefer Eye over Lip.
I prefer Eye, too!
But as usual Lip is selling better - the Japanese often have a different taste than me.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 5th March 2019, 08:57 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

MONKEY MAJIK did something really fun and interesting on their new music video and song! I've never seen a band or artist pull a trick like this so I want to talk about it, but in case someone doesn't want to see the joke explained beforehand, I'll put my thoughts under a spoiler tag. Watch the video below (even if you don't care about the fun thing, it's a great song!):

Spoiler:
The song is mostly in English and the video is subtitled with the lyrics and their "translations" into Japanese... but the "translations" are actually more like Japanese approximations of the original words/phonemes, and they create a bit of an additional story, which the guest artist acts out in the video. I'm not proficient enough in Japanese, reading especially, to know whether the Japanese "translations" make any sense at all (doesn't seem like they do), but it's a really fun trick, especially in the video!

But beyond the sight gags this trick enables, it also makes you listen to the song in a new way: after my listen, every time I come back to this song, I really try to hang on to the words and hear the hidden jokes, and I'm paying special attention to the Japanese bits to try and hear if there are any "hidden English words" in those passages. And they really seem to be encouraging this, 'cuz I could swear that towards the end, they start intentionally slurring their words more and more so that the English and Japanese really blur together and pop out almost simultaneously.

I think this is the best possible use of a songwriter fluent in two languages. Also the song is really fun, this '70s funk/disco thing suits MONKEY MAJIK so well!
Old 5th March 2019, 03:02 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
I prefer Eye, too!
But as usual Lip is selling better - the Japanese often have a different taste than me.
I would say that Japaneses prefer bright songs over dark songs. That might be why they prefer Lip in that case.
Old 6th March 2019, 10:38 AM

Tabiolds wrote that Kanjani∞'s Ryo will be leaving the group

If so omg what a terrible feeling it's

J&A just cannot seem to catch a break . So much for thinking last year was bad

Old 14th March 2019, 05:20 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

So, yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarblade View Post
Kalafina has officially disbanded - http://www.spacecraft.co.jp/kalafina/
And one of my favorite artists - an Okinawan (to be specific, from Ishigaki) duo named Yanawaraba - has announced they're disbanding as well, though it won't happen until the end of 2020, on the same day Arashi is scheduled to go on hiatus (31 December 2020).

Quote:
やなわらばーが2020年12月31日をもちまして解散することになりました。
突然の発表となり、申し訳ございません。
They're citing Aizato Rio's marriage and childbirth as the primary factor for disbanding, after twenty years as a group with Ishigaki Yuu (formed back in 2000 or 2001!).

http://www.ya-na.net/information/detail.html?id=2578