Is Ayu famous where you live? - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

View Poll Results: Is she?
Yes! 53 11.73%
No... 399 88.27%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th April 2013, 12:54 PM
GREEN Initiate

YES!
I live in Japan!
Old 30th April 2013, 01:16 PM
SURREAL Initiate

nope..
Old 30th April 2013, 05:48 PM
monochrome Initiate

not really
kpop is over the place in indonesia..but kpop fans generally come from jpop fans so many of kpop fans i know,knows her...
eventough a lot of them hate her for no reason...lol

Old 1st May 2013, 12:11 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Famous not. But at least her songs are played on the radio once in a while (Once in a while a friend calls me "turn on the radio they are playing your chinese singer!!!" lol)

Last time for her anniversary no more words was played (but it was a coincidence, not because it was her anniversary! they played because they know the song from Inuyasha)

also her videos are played during Anime events on big screens, which happens to be like 2 times a month...

Last edited by visionfactory; 1st May 2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 1st May 2013, 05:28 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

huhm, not very famous, but vietnam is an asian country, for people who know smt about Jmusic they'll know Ayu FOR SURE (maybe she and Hikki are the most famous Jp singers here). But Kpop DOMINATES no matter what *so sad*, just part of them know Ayu. And no fanclub activities here=)))
Old 6th November 2013, 10:43 AM
Initiate

Not really here in Indonesia, but she's got a small popularity when Dearest used as Inuyasha's theme song. Everyone who knows ayu here would be like 'Oh that plastic japanese?' lol
Old 15th November 2013, 01:11 PM
too late Initiate

^It's kind of sad that Ayu does get the reputation of plastic diva in some places (not necessary yours, was talking generally).
Old 17th November 2013, 02:34 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

I´m from Brazil and here just a few people that listen J-music know about Ayumi Hamasaki. People that like animes too.
There is a Japanese community in Brazil and they know her, of course.
Old 19th November 2013, 10:21 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon chan View Post
huhm, not very famous, but vietnam is an asian country, for people who know smt about Jmusic they'll know Ayu FOR SURE (maybe she and Hikki are the most famous Jp singers here). But Kpop DOMINATES no matter what *so sad*, just part of them know Ayu. And no fanclub activities here=)))
Omg finally found a Vietnamese!!

I agree, Vietnam is being heavily influenced by Kpop, even the V-pop artists are doing the same thing as Koreans. The majority of fangirls nowaday are crazy Kpop fans, and it's hard to find an Ayu fanbase there.

Lol also gotta mention the fact that quite some V-pop songs were plagiarized from Ayu (ex: marionette, Depend on you - My Tam sang and performed this song sooo many times). So in the end I must say that many people heard that "ayumi hamasaki" title, but do not know who that actually is.

Set by YuriChan

Old 19th November 2013, 10:51 PM
BEST Initiate

AYU? YES! ... ayumi hamasaki? NO!

today she isn't known as good as in 2003-2005...
but many people know "M (Above & Beyond Remix)" or even "Connected"...
"Naturally (Wippenberg Remix)" and "Depend on you (Svenson & Gielen Remix)" are famous too... but not that much as "M" or "Connected"...
and i only knew some people who heared "UNITE!" and "appears"...

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 28th November 2013, 07:41 AM
UNITE! Initiate

No...
Old 3rd December 2013, 01:17 AM
YOU Initiate

This should really go without my saying this, considering I am in the US, especially since I live in AL, but...

Ayu is not really known here, nor is a substantial amount of Japanese music, for that matter. However, even the people I do know who listen to Japanese music either have never heard of her (???), or they have heard of her and cannot stand her. And there is no point in tryi g to introduce her music to friends, family, etc., because even if they see a PV or hear one of her songs, they can't get past the language barrier to actually enjoy the music. As you can imagine, it can be both frustrating and isolating, since no one wants to have anything to do with her since her music isn't in English, and whenever I get excited about a new single/ album/ etc., I can't talk to anyone about it because no one cares. Which is pretty much why I'm here, because being pretty much the only Ayu fan within a 1͵000 mile radius (guessing) makes one very lonely. In short, no. Definitely no.

いつか聞かせて 君の口から
幸せだよと そして笑って

Old 3rd December 2013, 01:20 AM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majutsu View Post
This should really go without my saying this, considering I am in the US, especially since I live in AL, but...

Ayu is not really known here, nor is a substantial amount of Japanese music, for that matter. However, even the people I do know who listen to Japanese music either have never heard of her (???), or they have heard of her and cannot stand her. And there is no point in tryi g to introduce her music to friends, family, etc., because even if they see a PV or hear one of her songs, they can't get past the language barrier to actually enjoy the music. As you can imagine, it can be both frustrating and isolating, since no one wants to have anything to do with her since her music isn't in English, and whenever I get excited about a new single/ album/ etc., I can't talk to anyone about it because no one cares. Which is pretty much why I'm here, because being pretty much the only Ayu fan within a 1͵000 mile radius (guessing) makes one very lonely. In short, no. Definitely no.
Yup, exactly. XD That's how it goes for me here in Tennessee.
Old 5th December 2013, 08:56 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Very few people know her in here. And yes, thanks to Inuyasha. Nowadays they only care about Korean: music, tv drama, movie and so. Only few Japanese artist still well know remains. Laruku, AKB48 and YUI.
Old 12th December 2013, 11:15 AM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

Yes!
Even though lots of people haven't listened her songs,most of them know the person,and when you mention ayu,they will say"Is the pop music diva in Japan?"XDDD
Old 21st December 2013, 05:47 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Here in Costa Rica she's pretty much well known but only by people that likes japanese culture in general.
Her fans comunity in here at facebook is 70 + likes, so is kind of growing.
Most of the song that people know from here are Evolution, Dearest or M.
Old 22nd December 2013, 12:47 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I'm honestly not quite sure. But there was a showing in LA last year for Ayumi Hamasaki Arena Tour 2009 A: Next Level. However I don't live in LA but pretty close. I wish I knew some Ayu fans in real life. That would be amazing!
Old 22nd December 2013, 08:27 AM
Far away Initiate

In my town...no. But I recently moved closer to my university, which has a pretty heavy asian population and an asian mall. I've been meaning to go check it out! Time to hunt down some Ayu fans and make friends

♥♥
Underneath the blue sky&your dazzling smile
--
倖田來未
Old 22nd December 2013, 09:19 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majutsu View Post

In my country is like the same situation .. I also introduced ayu to my family (only to my mother & sister) and they kinda liked what they heard..my mother is really receptive (in the positive way) at the music I present to her and she praised me for listening "different" music but that's all.....in rest,I'm kinda lonely when talking about ayu...I may try to introduce her to friends but they're really focused on european (mostly dance) music so it's very difficult....
I was very happy when one of my friends told me that she thinks ayu's very beautiful (I shown her pictures of Ayu and also album booklets)
Old 13th October 2016, 12:14 PM
LIMIT Initiate

I don't know anyone, other than few of my friends who are well aware of how big of a fan of Ayu I am, that have even heard of Ayu. Some of the Jrock/Kpop fans of Finland might have but I kind of doubt it.