New song:『Pray for you』 - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 1st January 2021, 12:30 PM
July 1st Initiate

from official website:

two CDs, two DVDs/BluRays

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I really hope they also include a remastered version of Rainbow!
I'd be excited for something like this too, but my gut feeling is that she'd only include the songs from after A BALLADS.

ugh I'm excited for the DVDs. I hope it's not some bullshit compilation of her ballad performances from already released concerts

Last edited by Deep snow; 1st January 2021 at 12:34 PM.
Old 1st January 2021, 01:20 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Assumimg this song is on A BALLADS 2, does that mean we'll have to wait until March to hear it? I was thinking they might release it as a new single beforehand but that probably wouldn't make sense if the song is supposed to make the compilation more interesting to consumers.

I'm happy we're still getting new music but if this is for A BALLADS 2, then it probably won't be on the new album (whenever there will be one).

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 1st January 2021 at 04:30 PM.
Old 1st January 2021, 04:21 PM
Sky high Protector

^We might get it as a digital release before A BALLADS 2
Old 1st January 2021, 06:13 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
I don't know how this could possibly be related...
First off all, I hope people do not take this the wrong way I'm not hating on Timmy nor on Ayu's songs. (this is not a complain)

The people around you shape you/influence your thoughts and decisions, especially when it comes to music.

Also I have heard that Timmy has vocal coached her and I don't know if he was active vocal directing her in the studio but her vocals have been changing too.

He seemed to have influenced her in many ways and I think it's good as a musician to switch things up, even if she has to think more herself now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by URANUS View Post
That was a strange comparison. Timmy created some of my favorite Ayu songs like "BRILLAINTE" and "YOU're the only one" so I actually hope he returns in the future.
Everybody has a different, taste, I thought the songs were not bad... but not my favorite...

IU - EIGHT (Vocal Cover)

SINGER x SONGWRITER x MUSIC PRODUCER
Website x Youtube x Instagram

Last edited by HONEY; 1st January 2021 at 06:16 PM.
Old 2nd January 2021, 02:49 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

This sounds like a Ghibli movie ending ahah I love it
Old 2nd January 2021, 03:13 AM
Paper Doll Protector

It's a really pretty instrumental so far... I wonder if we'll ever get an album with her last 2 singles and this one on there.
Old 2nd January 2021, 03:22 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Maybe I'm just being optimistic but with how things are going right now, I'd say yes. It might take some time but I feel like there is going to be an album.

I'm certain Ohia and DaD will be included, not sure about Pray for you, though. It could end up as a compilation exclusive track (like RAINBOW or part of me) but then there was also You & Me which was initially on ASB and then made its way onto LOVE again. However, that could have been a result of the song's popularity.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 2nd January 2021 at 03:29 AM.
Old 2nd January 2021, 03:46 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
Maybe I'm just being optimistic but with how things are going right now, I'd say yes. It might take some time but I feel like there is going to be an album.

I'm certain Ohia and DaD will be included, not sure about Pray for you, though. It could end up as a compilation exclusive track (like RAINBOW or part of me) but then there was also You & Me which was initially on ASB and then made its way onto LOVE again. However, that could have been a result of the song's popularity.
how popular was You & Me?
Old 2nd January 2021, 05:33 AM
Because of You Initiate

It's a very Ayu instrumental. I'm honestly tired of ballads, i want another Last Minute or Memorial Address, or anything of that sort lol But that's obviously what sells over there.
Old 2nd January 2021, 07:46 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONEY View Post
First off all, I hope people do not take this the wrong way I'm not hating on Timmy nor on Ayu's songs. (this is not a complain)

The people around you shape you/influence your thoughts and decisions, especially when it comes to music.

Also I have heard that Timmy has vocal coached her and I don't know if he was active vocal directing her in the studio but her vocals have been changing too.

He seemed to have influenced her in many ways and I think it's good as a musician to switch things up, even if she has to think more herself now.

Everybody has a different, taste, I thought the songs were not bad... but not my favorite...
Poor Ayu... So stupid and devoided of a personality she actually becomes another person because of her back vocalist.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 2nd January 2021, 09:25 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidChaiLatte View Post
how popular was You & Me?
It was certified gold* and did/does very well on YouTube when compared to her other PVs. As of now, the short version has 5,9M views (since 2012) while the full PV has 1,3M views (since 2nd October, 2019).

Spoiler:
It got certified after being put on LOVE again but the song did rather well before that.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 2nd January 2021 at 09:31 AM.
Old 2nd January 2021, 09:48 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Poor Ayu... So stupid and devoided of a personality she actually becomes another person because of her back vocalist.
Not defending their opinion, but close friends often borrow each other's traits even without realizing that. There definitely could be some influence.
Old 2nd January 2021, 12:34 PM
poker face Initiate

Given how this thread is about the new song, Pray for you, I don't feel that Timmy influencing her life is that relevant. She always had creativity ups and downs and it's normal for an artist to not deliver the same content throughout 20+ years of career. I feel that for this song she kept her iconic strong ballad sound while experimenting with instruments, and also gave it that epic feeling which makes me think it will do well in a live with an orchestra.

Timmy has contributed to one of the most iconic Ayu songs and his legacy will remain, but I think Ayu does what she feels she wants to do in the end regardless of who provides their opinion to her.

I hope everyone can enjoy this beautiful present from her when the vocal version is released
Old 3rd January 2021, 05:52 AM
Daybreak Guardian

At first, it sounded like a LOVE again reject to me. Then, listening to the instrumental again, I feel like there's something magical about this track. It's not ground-breaking at all, but I think it'll have a nice energy to it once it's out. I'm excited now!
Old 3rd January 2021, 09:39 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaristos View Post
At first, it sounded like a LOVE again reject to me. Then, listening to the instrumental again, I feel like there's something magical about this track. It's not ground-breaking at all, but I think it'll have a nice energy to it once it's out. I'm excited now!
this is absolutely what I felt too, but only judging from the instrumental—and I can't be sure if it's the entirety of the song, either (although the length seems to suggest so). I hope the vocal gives it more magic.
Old 3rd January 2021, 09:25 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Yeah new song! The use of horns is a very welcomed change, wow! The rest doesn't seem that fresh. Looking forward to it!
Old 4th January 2021, 12:04 AM
still alone Initiate

I think the Pray for you instrumental sounds beautiful. Sounds like it would make a great anime theme song. I guess it's not something totally new and unique but I think it's well done and I love the feeling of the song. I think Ayu's vocals will fit very nicely as long as she doesn't overdo it.
Old 4th January 2021, 12:50 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I am waiting for full version of song.
Old 4th January 2021, 02:17 AM
poker face Initiate

It sounds like something from Secret. I was expecting more rockish ballads, but anything new is nice at this point.
Old 5th January 2021, 07:18 PM
End roll Initiate

It sounds like almost every other ballad she's released for the last 7 years now. The horns and flute are at least a nice change up for once, but this will most likely be another skip for me.

Tags
cdl 20-21, music for life, pray for you