Ayu possibly leaving Twitter? (her Twitter is now a staff account) - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 9th November 2015, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
Yeah, I totally understand that.

I'm defending Ayu not in the context of "ayu is a pop star, and SHE TOTALLY GETS ME OMG!" which is indeed EXACTLY what gets people talking about pop stars in a "friendly" context. Because most pop stars are deliberately distant, cool, perfect, etc. They're far more rehearsed than Ayu has always been. They're a different KIND of pop star.

I'd feel very weird being forgiving of vague tweets if they came from someone like Namie, for instance.

I only feel the need to defend Ayu here because "unprofessional," talking to her fans as if they were her friends, was always kinda... part of her image. She's VERY inconsistent about this, but her image has always been "she's just like if one of us normal girls was able to wear designer clothes & travel the world." Since the beginning her lyrics have always been "my real feelings" (at a time when that was NOT common in J-Pop, although now it's not so unusual). Girls copying her fashion & buying every makeup product she promoted wasn't an accident, and it wasn't just "I wanna be like my idol," it was just "I CAN be like her." Ayu has always come across more like the class president who didn't really want the job but everyone insisted that she take it, rather than seeming like a distant, perfect, mythical goddess.

Granted, fans who don't see her that way - and given her relatively distant image since.... I dunno, around the "MY STORY" era or so, there are PLENTY of them - are going to probably be much harsher on her when she's unprofessional, which I completely understand.

But for me personally, if I was only interested in seeing her professionalism, I'd only watch her concerts and videos and I'd only read magazine interviews that have been edited and polished. To me twitter is where you see celebrities at their least professional. For some, it's a place where you see these celebrities embarrass themselves with vague tweets made in the heat of a moment without much thought. For others, it's a place where you see celebrities humanized by those tweets. And that humanization makes me feel better. To me it's both endearing to see Ayu so humanly flawed, and encouraging to see that yes, indeed, everyone makes mistakes.
I always saw Ayu the way you discribed her here. I don't like her diva image she got around 2006/2007.
And I also agree about what you said about twitter.
I'm a big Britney fan for example and I so love how she posts all this weird stuff on twitter and facebook. From short videos in which she's imitating a woodpecker to articles she likes you can find everything on her facebook.
But what Ayu does doesn't seem to me like she's sharing random moments of her life. For me it feels as if she is sharing this stuff just because she wants the attention, like an attention seeking teenage girl who's already the queen of her high school but who wants everyone to know how "hard" her life in reality is. For me those tweets have nothing to do with being honest about her feelings, they jut add to her diva image. And I hate that.
It's totally fine to post something like "Had a bad day and somehow can't stand myself today." or something like "My love and I had a great day but due to work we won't be able to see us in a while =(". THAT would be honest. I think it has nothing to do with being honest sharing vague tweets and stuff like "I hate you..." with a pic of yourself. Not even her lyrics have ever been that vague.
If this would have been the first time she would have tweeted something like this I wouldn't care. But she has done this countless times in the past. Sometimes those tweets were followed by nothing, and other times she announced her divorce or breakup a little later. So it's no wonder people are going crazy when she tweets stuff like that.
And in all honesty, being an adult also means to learn how to handle criticism. Always take criticism seriously but never personally. If there is some truth in the criticism - learn from it. If it's just mean stuff who is supposed to hurt you - ignore it. It won't take you anywhere to blame everyone around you for not loving you unconditionally like a child and in addition being passive aggressive. This teenager/child like behaviour is exactly what being a diva is all about.
And her diva style pisses me off and destroys everything I so loved about her when I discovered her in back in 2003. I just can't stand in anymore. Since 2012 I'm hoping it's just a phase but sadly it isn't. And I'm at a point where I'm not able to defend her anymore just because I love her so much. I'm actually beginning to understand why fans are leaving. For me there is no relateable woman anymore out there. There's just a diva who is pissed about people who don't like any single dumb tweet she makes left for me.
That makes me sad, but I can't change how I feel about that.
Old 9th November 2015, 03:01 PM
until that Day… Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
But for me personally, if I was only interested in seeing her professionalism, I'd only watch her concerts and videos and I'd only read magazine interviews that have been edited and polished. To me twitter is where you see celebrities at their least professional. For some, it's a place where you see these celebrities embarrass themselves with vague tweets made in the heat of a moment without much thought. For others, it's a place where you see celebrities humanized by those tweets. And that humanization makes me feel better. To me it's both endearing to see Ayu so humanly flawed, and encouraging to see that yes, indeed, everyone makes mistakes.
THIS!!
Old 10th November 2015, 10:37 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
I always saw Ayu the way you discribed her here. I don't like her diva image she got around 2006/2007.
And I also agree about what you said about twitter.
I'm a big Britney fan for example and I so love how she posts all this weird stuff on twitter and facebook. From short videos in which she's imitating a woodpecker to articles she likes you can find everything on her facebook.
But what Ayu does doesn't seem to me like she's sharing random moments of her life. For me it feels as if she is sharing this stuff just because she wants the attention, like an attention seeking teenage girl who's already the queen of her high school but who wants everyone to know how "hard" her life in reality is. For me those tweets have nothing to do with being honest about her feelings, they jut add to her diva image. And I hate that.
It's totally fine to post something like "Had a bad day and somehow can't stand myself today." or something like "My love and I had a great day but due to work we won't be able to see us in a while =(". THAT would be honest. I think it has nothing to do with being honest sharing vague tweets and stuff like "I hate you..." with a pic of yourself. Not even her lyrics have ever been that vague.
If this would have been the first time she would have tweeted something like this I wouldn't care. But she has done this countless times in the past. Sometimes those tweets were followed by nothing, and other times she announced her divorce or breakup a little later. So it's no wonder people are going crazy when she tweets stuff like that.
And in all honesty, being an adult also means to learn how to handle criticism. Always take criticism seriously but never personally. If there is some truth in the criticism - learn from it. If it's just mean stuff who is supposed to hurt you - ignore it. It won't take you anywhere to blame everyone around you for not loving you unconditionally like a child and in addition being passive aggressive. This teenager/child like behaviour is exactly what being a diva is all about.
And her diva style pisses me off and destroys everything I so loved about her when I discovered her in back in 2003. I just can't stand in anymore. Since 2012 I'm hoping it's just a phase but sadly it isn't. And I'm at a point where I'm not able to defend her anymore just because I love her so much. I'm actually beginning to understand why fans are leaving. For me there is no relateable woman anymore out there. There's just a diva who is pissed about people who don't like any single dumb tweet she makes left for me.
That makes me sad, but I can't change how I feel about that.
I agree with so much of this Chibi-Chan. My understanding is that Ayu decided to leave twitter after making a cryptic comment and then being unhappy with the response it received. People only replied that way because 1) they were worried or b) Ayu has in the past announced relationship news via social media.
Both a and b were justified. Just like she is a person who apparently did not appreciate the replies, her fans are also people. She cant be angry with them for their response. She should take responsibility for instigating it and therefore I personally commend her decision to have twitter be handled by her staff because obviously its doing her and her brand more harm than good (if that was even possible).

And you're also right about how unrelatable she is nowadays. I feel she is so focused on looking good and beautiful and seems less focused on the emotion unlike before. Sometimes it looks like shes trying so hard to be cool but failing miserably. Where is the Ayu from before who was just naturally cool? I wish she would have more confidence in herself and just be natural. sigh*

Last edited by Yumsushi; 10th November 2015 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11th November 2015, 02:50 AM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
And you're also right about how unrelatable she is nowadays. I feel she is so focused on looking good and beautiful and seems less focused on the emotion unlike before. Sometimes it looks like shes trying so hard to be cool but failing miserably. Where is the Ayu from before who was just naturally cool? I wish she would have more confidence in herself and just be natural. sigh*
I will DEFINITELY agree with you guys on this. But this is why I liked her on twitter lol.

I love her tour documentaries when we get a chance to see her rehearsing with the band - not dancing, just singing and moving & emoting naturally. To me that's what ayu live should be like.

She was never effortlessly cool, she was always kinda awkward... but like, that awkwardness MADE her cool. She OWNED the awkwardness, she was just being herself, and that made her cool. Now she's so scared of the awkwardness, desperately trying to cover it up. Like during the MY STORY tour when she slipped & fell doing the wave, and a BUNCH of stuff she mentioned during the MC "kore kikitai" segments, I mean... that stuff was so embarrassing and cute, but I couldn't imagine her just owning that stuff and freely sharing it now.
Old 11th November 2015, 06:04 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

^ I totally agree.

I feel like -now- we're getting back to that Ayu, but for the past few years it's been like...or at least appeared like...she didn't really know who she was, either. On one hand she was living in America and living an "American" life--but on the other hand she had to still be "Japanese" and cater to a fan base that's now on the other side of the world.

I wonder if during her peak, she felt like she could do anything and it would succeed, so she didn't have to think so much about how the outcome would be in terms of reception. She could be herself because that was acceptable.

But now everything she does is turned into a negative, so she feels more intent on keeping up a facade?

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 12th November 2015, 12:43 AM
Replace Initiate

I'd say that's ENTIRELY likely. For a few years early on in her career it seemed like she could do no wrong, and now it seems like she can do no right. I think it's a combination of things...

In part, I think people began to have very high expectations, perhaps unreasonably so... She had a long streak of time where she seemed to give everyone around her age (give or take a few years) in Japan EXACTLY what they wanted in a pop star, because she was lucky enough that that's what she happened to BE. But once she stopped being that thing, people got pretty harshly critical because they were disappointed. Meanwhile if she'd never been THAT pop star, she wouldn't be attacked quite so much.

I think also in part, she stopped being herself. Well, that's not quite right... She put on a facade of her own design and her own choosing. I do think that facade is reflective of her own ideals. But she DOES put on a facade, and it's based far more on ideals than reality, which is a problem. Most of us put on facades every day. Not a one of us is as devoted to the company we work for as we pretend we are in front of our boss, for instance. We'll pretend a friend's one insensitive action towards us doesn't bother us all that much, while secretly we imagine punching them in the face. That kind of thing. But those facades ARE based on who we really are. Like maybe we're not THAT big a fan of a company we work for, but we do love our jobs. Or maybe we're upset at a friend, but we love them and we know the anger will pass, so we see no point in saying exactly what we feel when we're at our most passionately pissed off. We wear these masks weighing the pros & cons of wearing them, and they're masks that are easy to wear.

Ayu, by comparison, wears masks with as much glitter, feathers, and fabric covering them as possible. She doesn't want ANYONE to see what her true face looks like, because if someone criticizes the shape of her nose, that's an attack on HER. If we attack the feathers, it's not. (I'm still being mostly metaphorical here lol)... To be more concrete, if people criticize her dancing, she can feel like "It's okay, I'm not naturally amazing about it anyway." But if she moves naturally while singing, then when people think she looks weird or goofy or if they don't understand how she was feeling in that moment, then that's an attack on HER. A dance routine isn't her, an outfit isn't her... but idiosyncrasies and movements and such ARE her.

So whenever Ayu has any control over what the public sees, they're gonna be things she doesn't consider to be intrinsically part of who she is. 'Cuz criticism about anything that she considers truly part of HER, that seems to be a bit of a berzerk button for her. This is why she acts like a drama queen, and this is why she freaks out & leaves twitter when her writing is misinterpreted one too many times.

And I think it hits her much harder probably because she went from being really insecure & anxious when she was younger, to suddenly being praised & lauded all the time, and then suddenly losing that. When she was young she had thin skin and curled up into a turtle shell to protect herself, and then she was getting all that praise and felt like maybe now she could finally be comfortable being who she was... But then (around the time she realized how many fans she had outside Japan if I had to guess) she realized how many pairs of eyes were really on her, and she quickly internalized how vulnerable she still was. And that's about the time when the battle between "I wanna hide" and "I want everyone to keep praising me" began. Her self-worth is based on people's reactions to her. She's HAPPIER when she's praised for who she really is, you can see it happen - when she's being herself AND being praised for it, the joy is palpable. But people do criticize, which means it's safer for her if we react to her glittery, feathery mask. So she leaves it on most of the time.

She's trying really hard to regain that praise & adoration but without showing too much of herself, and I think she's walking a really really awkward, rocky tightrope trying to balance the two. But in my opinion it's like she's chasing two rabbits - on the one hand, showing people exactly what she wants to express; on the other, showing people what they want to see. The end result is that she puts out a sort of clumsy creative purgatory that's neither here nor there. The lyrics are there, the performances aren't. The ideas are there, the execution isn't. The diligence is there, but the planning isn't. Cuz when you chase after two rabbits, you're not gonna catch either one.

She still puts out very high quality work, but it's frustrating to know it COULD be better if she was more self-aware - examining her true strengths & talents and honing them, and teaming up with people who understand her and who bring out her best qualities creatively - as opposed to self-conscious, you know?

As far as the whole moving to America thing, I'm REALLY glad you brought that up because I think it's a great microcosm of what Ayu's had to deal with psychologically for, honestly, probably a good chunk of her life. Ayu's got some ideals as far as the role of women in society, how open people should be about their feelings, the pursuit of one's dreams, and moving forward that are seemingly very un-Japanese. But at the same time, Japan is her home, it's where she always lived, it's the language she is best at expressing herself in, it's the culture and people that she knows. Life there is far more strictly regimented & scheduled than in America, but Ayu's personality has never been such that she's happy living life that way. It seemed for all the world like America would be a better fit for her personality. And honestly I think it may be. But again, she has to walk that line between living her life and doing her job, and doing her job meant going back to Japan because it just wasn't good PR for her fans to feel abandoned or betrayed. I truthfully don't think that her fans feeling that way is her problem, but she's REALLY big on taking personal responsibility for her image, so she made it her problem and moved back to Japan.

I think fans & critics & society & even her staff are all pulling her in multiple directions, and she's insecure and trying to be a people pleaser, trying to be everything to everybody. And the result is that she's gotten very watered down over the years. It's very clear, pure, clean water that half the time she distills herself - she's not gonna settle for dirty tap water, lol - but it's still water.
Old 12th November 2015, 07:24 AM
Dolls Initiate

@Delirium ZerO, you should become a psychologist, I really like your annalysis. Especially since you're an old ayu fan and you have a wider perspective over the whole sight.

Last edited by Surreal17; 12th November 2015 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12th November 2015, 08:02 AM
Trauma Initiate

ᵋ₍⚬ɷ⚬₎ᵌ Zhao Li Ying Fan ᵋ₍⚬ɷ⚬₎ᵌ

Old 12th November 2015, 12:54 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I just think it's very funny to see people complaining that a woman who has been making money out of her personal drama through 15~20 new songs every year and having 3 official different concerts with several dates is an attention whore. I mean, it really took you guys that long?

(not that you can become a popstar this big without craving for attention, anyway)

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 12th November 2015, 01:04 PM
Trauma Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I just think it's very funny to see people complaining that a woman who has been making money out of her personal drama through 15~20 new songs every year and having 3 official different concerts with several dates is an attention whore. I mean, it really took you guys that long?

(not that you can become a popstar this big without craving for attention, anyway)

ᵋ₍⚬ɷ⚬₎ᵌ Zhao Li Ying Fan ᵋ₍⚬ɷ⚬₎ᵌ

Old 12th November 2015, 07:03 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Andrenekoi wins today. Thank you for that winning comment!
Old 12th November 2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:

The term "attention whore" is a no go and I never called Ayu an attention whore because I don't think she is one. Some people said she was acting like an attention seeking teenager, but there is a big difference between that and an attention whore. This term is simply degrading to women and I would never ever call any woman that. And I'm bothered that you are calling Ayu an attention whore.

Besides that your passive aggressive comments which add nothing to the discussion are tiring and destroy every real discussion.
I came here, first read Deli's comment, really liked it and wanted to write a reply in which I wanted to agree in some points and disagree regarding other points but now I don't feel like it anymore. I thought that's what a discussion is about. Someone makes a point, someone else is replying to it and stating why they agree or disagree. Sadly it seems you have no interest in that and that you prefer your passive aggressive comments regarding a discussion that really is to 120% subjective. I don't think you can state that any of the opinions here are facts since you can't proof anything and just argue why you think this or that. Thank you for adding a produvtive comment to the discussion.
Old 13th November 2015, 12:18 AM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
Off topic but this is why Cher's Twitter is probably one of the better celebrity twitters ever.

Could you imagine if ayu tweeted like cher and just spoke freely?
"What did you do on Kumi's birthday?"
"I got a colonic."
LOL! Somehow I missed this post (stupid end-of-page posts flying under my radar again) and I had to quote it & laugh.

I think that most people, for the sake of their own sanity, have to get to a point in their lives where they get very playfully nihilistic about how people see them. "None of this crap really matters anyway, and I'm too exhausted to care. So let's play around!" I really do hope Ayu gets to that point someday... She can be very playful and clever at times, it'd be nice to see that come out fully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal17 View Post
@Delirium ZerO, you should become a psychologist, I really like your annalysis. Especially since you're an old ayu fan and you have a wider perspective over the whole sight.
I could NEVER be a psychologist, I get too easily upset by other people's problems! XD I'd have a major emotional crisis every day. I do like studying psychology though, and I do use what I learn in my job. I LOVE picking apart art though, I like trying to figure out an artist's mental state from a painting or a piece of music or a script or a poem. It's like a really complex puzzle that I can spend years working on, and I'll probably never solve it, but I like exploring the possibilities. It helps me understand people I know more, too.

Last edited by Delirium-Zer0; 13th November 2015 at 12:33 AM.
Old 13th November 2015, 12:43 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
The term "attention whore" is a no go and I never called Ayu an attention whore because I don't think she is one. Some people said she was acting like an attention seeking teenager, but there is a big difference between that and an attention whore. This term is simply degrading to women and I would never ever call any woman that. And I'm bothered that you are calling Ayu an attention whore.

Besides that your passive aggressive comments which add nothing to the discussion are tiring and destroy every real discussion.
I came here, first read Deli's comment, really liked it and wanted to write a reply in which I wanted to agree in some points and disagree regarding other points but now I don't feel like it anymore. I thought that's what a discussion is about. Someone makes a point, someone else is replying to it and stating why they agree or disagree. Sadly it seems you have no interest in that and that you prefer your passive aggressive comments regarding a discussion that really is to 120% subjective. I don't think you can state that any of the opinions here are facts since you can't proof anything and just argue why you think this or that. Thank you for adding a produvtive comment to the discussion.
Well, I will keep with the "attention whore" therm, thank you very much. If that makes you feel any better, I use it for men too.

And I'm sorry but I don't think I was passive agressive, I mean, maybe "agressive-agressive" but I don't see the "passive aspect of it. I'm actually pretty straight foward of what I mean and what posts I'm refering too... Even if sometimes I'm too lazy to actually go back several pages to see every single one who said a similar thing, sorry about that

And I don't see how pointing out that Ayumi always used her personal drama as an way to get exposition, and money by consequence is unrelevant to the discussion, I mean, you are complaining she is craving for attention way too much, and I'm pointing her whole career is based around that and around being hyper exposed through public appearences. If someone enjoys getting that share of attention and activelly seeks it, it's her.

I don't think I can make that point any more clear, and I won't bother reading whatever you will reply, because, as always you will play victim and use that as an excuse to be rude. I'm no saint either, but at least I don't need excuses to act the way I do.

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 13th November 2015 at 12:45 AM.
Old 13th November 2015, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Well, I will keep with the "attention whore" therm, thank you very much. If that makes you feel any better, I use it for men too.

And I'm sorry but I don't think I was passive agressive, I mean, maybe "agressive-agressive" but I don't see the "passive aspect of it. I'm actually pretty straight foward of what I mean and what posts I'm refering too... Even if sometimes I'm too lazy to actually go back several pages to see every single one who said a similar thing, sorry about that

And I don't see how pointing out that Ayumi always used her personal drama as an way to get exposition, and money by consequence is unrelevant to the discussion, I mean, you are complaining she is craving for attention way too much, and I'm pointing her whole career is based around that and around being hyper exposed through public appearences. If someone enjoys getting that share of attention and activelly seeks it, it's her.

I don't think I can make that point any more clear, and I won't bother reading whatever you will reply, because, as always you will play victim and use that as an excuse to be rude. I'm no saint either, but at least I don't need excuses to act the way I do.
Don't worry, I have no interest in discussing this topic with you any further now. If you don't want to play fair and won't bother to read any reply, I won't bother to reply to any of the points you made.
Old 13th November 2015, 06:57 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Well that escalated quickly. However, I am not upset that Andrenekoi made that comment earlier, simply because the discussion had nothing extra lately and members kept on repeating themselves. Maybe others experienced something else, especially for those who were in the middle of the heat of this debate, but sometimes things go on for way too long and then it is kinda 'relieving' that someone else bothers to comment to take this another way. Sadly, it ended like that.

That being said, I want to add that what both of you have said has not been very uninteresting.
But! I really do think that this discussion has been looking for way too much reasons or examples that made Ayu decide to leave Twitter. Definetely more than she probably intended. Don't you think that there is not much left to say, basically because everything has been said already?
That is a serious question.
Old 13th November 2015, 01:36 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
Well that escalated quickly. However, I am not upset that Andrenekoi made that comment earlier, simply because the discussion had nothing extra lately and members kept on repeating themselves. Maybe others experienced something else, especially for those who were in the middle of the heat of this debate, but sometimes things go on for way too long and then it is kinda 'relieving' that someone else bothers to comment to take this another way. Sadly, it ended like that.

That being said, I want to add that what both of you have said has not been very uninteresting.
But! I really do think that this discussion has been looking for way too much reasons or examples that made Ayu decide to leave Twitter. Definetely more than she probably intended. Don't you think that there is not much left to say, basically because everything has been said already?
Yeap, I agree with you... The discussion had been going around ir circles for a while.^^

Old 13th November 2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post

Personally I don't think that discussion is going in circles and I really appreciated that Deli took the time to explain why she thinks the way she does in detail because that made it more easier for me to follow her thoughts. And it seemed that a lot of people like her comment.
But in the end it doesn't matter if you or Andrenekoi think it goes in circles (and no offense here) because it's not like were spamming the CDL thread or so with it. This thread is about Ayu leaving twitter and if people still feel to discuss this I don't see a reason why we shouldn't. And if others like you aren't interested in it anymore just don't follow it anymore. I don't get why you think a comment like Andrenekoi's was neccessary, just because you feel like people are repeating themselves. This was a discussion about the reasons why we dis/like Ayu's twitter comment and I don't think it's neccessary to pop into the discussion, calling Ayu an attention whore and then indirectly insulting everyone who does not agree as dumb. If you're simply not interested in adding something to a discussion because you find it boring or whatever, just say nothing at all.
Old 13th November 2015, 04:41 PM
Replace Initiate

I understand why Andrenekoi used the phrase "attention whore." I use that term for men & women alike as well, and yes it's a very disparaging term - if a "whore" is someone you look down on because they sell themselves for money and you don't approve of that behavior, then it stands to reason that an "attention whore" is anyone who sells themselves in exchange for attention, and that is likewise behavior you don't approve of. There's not really any other term for it though, even if you don't necessarily see Ayu as an ENTIRELY bad person because she's an attention chaser. (I mean I guess we can use "attention chaser," if you guys wanna take that. lol)

In any case, once a discussion moves to semantics rather than substance it's hard to address the substance of what Andrenekoi was trying to say, so I'm gonna shift to that instead... And I think he's 100% right. I don't think it should be unexpected for Ayu to want & need attention, especially positive attention, given the very nature of her career choice. Even if she's not as insecure as, to me, she appears to be, it's not shocking that she'd share anything that she thinks people might respond to. I don't think she thinks that hard about it is all. I think she just experiences a given moment in her life, and if she doesn't think "nah, that'd be unappealing/boring/uninteresting," and if she's not afraid to share it, then she shares it. For better or worse, I think she just kinda... thinks of her life in those terms.

If something is 50% shareable though, she shares that 50%, leaving us to arrange puzzle pieces that may or may not fit together. They're part of the same puzzle, perhaps, but they go on opposite sizes of the picture. I think she assumes we can fill in the blanks with, if not details, at least vague colors. But we usually can't, cuz we're all gonna have our own experiences & anxieties that fill in the blanks for her (heck, I'll be the first to admit that I assume insecurity because many of her words and actions echo things I would say or do when I'm at my most insecure. Other people could interpret this stuff WILDLY differently because they bring their own experiences & personality into it).
Old 13th November 2015, 05:28 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Yeap, I don't look bad on Ayu for enjoying attention... I would look down on her if she seemed like a bad person or a mediocre artist. But for being an attention whore? Nah.

But I also don't think there's anything wrong with someone becoming a whore, if that's their choice.

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 13th November 2015 at 05:45 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
twitter