"Quote message in reply?" in "Post Quick Reply" - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 3rd November 2009, 03:33 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

"Quote message in reply?" in "Post Quick Reply"

I'm rather newbie in mastering all the features and functions in posting a response. My quick question is:

The checkbox of "Quote message in reply?" in "Options" Boxis always disabled when i try to submit a "Post Quick Reply". how could it be enabled??

In the toolbar of "message", i could see an "Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text" icon and i've tried it successfully by manually "copy & paste", the text i like to quote from previous members' text, into the message box.

But i have seen other members' quotes start with "Originally Posted by User Name" followed by a "view post" icon and the quote message is in italic.

So is it any shortcut for me to include the quotes of others just like others could or I have to do some sort of customization to enable the full "Quote" feature??

Please advise. Many thanks.
Old 3rd November 2009, 03:44 AM
count down Initiate

To check the "quote message in reply" in quicky reply box, you have to multi-quote another user's post, which can be found next to the "quote" button/icon at the bottom of every post.

If you want to quote someone, just click the "quote" button/icon at the bottom of that particular post.

EDIT: I got it wrong apparently... I can't click "quote message in reply" even though I multi-quoted your post... : /, well I guess you shouldn't use quick reply when you wanna quote... I don't do that, haha

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 3rd November 2009, 07:00 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
To check the "quote message in reply" in quicky reply box, you have to multi-quote another user's post, which can be found next to the "quote" button/icon at the bottom of every post.

If you want to quote someone, just click the "quote" button/icon at the bottom of that particular post.

EDIT: I got it wrong apparently... I can't click "quote message in reply" even though I multi-quoted your post... : /, well I guess you shouldn't use quick reply when you wanna quote... I don't do that, haha
thank you waterballon, i got your idea and this reply is a test, working?? or not?? let's see
Old 3rd November 2009, 01:00 PM
Curtain call Initiate

like this?

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo123 View Post
I'm rather newbie in mastering all the features and functions in posting a response. My quick question is:

The checkbox of "Quote message in reply?" in "Options" Boxis always disabled when i try to submit a "Post Quick Reply". how could it be enabled??

In the toolbar of "message", i could see an "Wrap tags around selected text" icon and i've tried it successfully by manually "copy & paste", the text i like to quote from previous members' text, into the message box.

But i have seen other members' quotes start with "Originally Posted by User Name" followed by a "view post" icon and the quote message is in italic.

So is it any shortcut for me to include the quotes of others just like others could or I have to do some sort of customization to enable the full "Quote" feature??

Please advise. Many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post

THIS

if so you just click the + symbol of a persons post
then you can do that with as many people you want to quote
and the last person you want to quote you just click reply/quote
and to reply to the quotes you just type what you want after
on that persons post

Last edited by JackieRos; 3rd November 2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 3rd November 2009, 05:19 PM
count down Initiate

^ You explained it really well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo123 View Post
thank you waterballon, i got your idea and this reply is a test, working?? or not?? let's see
And I guess it worked.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 3rd November 2009, 05:31 PM
Curtain call Initiate

really oh phew i thought i had it wrong