[Official Message] Winter single "Zutto... / Last minute / Walk" 2014.12.24 in stores III - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 17th December 2014, 05:15 PM
End roll Initiate

Last Minute makes me think of MOON with more guitars. I feel crazy if I'm the only one who thinks this. I really wanted another alterna or Microphone, so I guess I hyped myself waaaay too much for the "rock" track. it's nothing like Memorial Address. I don't think she'll ever do a throw-back to that song.

But then there's Walk which is like November's older sister. and well, zutto is ayu ballad #12039484 and forgettable for me. Winter singles were never my thing, so I'll just keep jammin' to Movin' On Without You.
Old 17th December 2014, 05:19 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

It is still Last minute >>> Walk >>> Zutto... for me.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 17th December 2014, 09:43 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by the angel song View Post
Last Minute makes me think of MOON with more guitars. I feel crazy if I'm the only one who thinks this. I really wanted another alterna or Microphone, so I guess I hyped myself waaaay too much for the "rock" track. it's nothing like Memorial Address. I don't think she'll ever do a throw-back to that song.
I can see where you're comming from. And i ended up listening to it right after the other. Moon sounds much calmer and smoother, to me, Last Minute just hits you in the face with very rough guitars. In terms of structure it does resamble MOON but the arrangement is much heavier. And the arangement is different. I mean the intro of MOON already has guitars in while LM doesn't give out that untill the intro of the next verse starts . But yeah you have a point there. Still I think it hits the spots with with a heavier tracks of her rather than MOON. The song itself just feel much heavier to me than MOON, somehow.

You know piano and heavy guitars is the best combo followed by strings and heavy guitars. It reminds me of some of my favorite Evanecsence tracks.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 17th December 2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 17th December 2014, 09:56 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by the angel song View Post
Last Minute makes me think of MOON with more guitars. I feel crazy if I'm the only one who thinks this.
Don't worry, you're not alone ! I actually went through half of ayu's discography yesterday to find the name of the song I had in mind, I could sing it but didn't remember the name... it ended up being MOON. There's something in the chorus that sounds similar.

In the end my favorite ends up being Walk. I'm such a TK fan.

Last edited by andraia27; 17th December 2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 17th December 2014, 09:57 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
Zutto... / Last Minute / Walk is like vogue far away SEASONS, when vogue is the weakest ,far away and SEASONS are the Stronger ones.

Seriously, if the first songs out of three are the greatest, then people complains about the rest is boring ..

I lol.
Whut, are you serious ? Hahahaha, I think vogue is the best song from that single, SEASONS is a nice ballad and Far away is boring.

Anyway, I don't like the single. I tried to listen to the 3 songs like 6 times, and I can't even remember the sounds, I only remember Zutto Zutto because it sounds like a slower WILL

TWICE

Old 17th December 2014, 10:24 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
I really wanted another alterna
Always after another Alterna (and Guilty!)

And I love Far Away and Vogue! Seasons is nice but not as good as the other two for me.
Old 17th December 2014, 11:10 PM
glitter Initiate

I love walk, the end is gorgeous
Old 17th December 2014, 11:41 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantatu2 View Post
Whut, are you serious ? Hahahaha, I think vogue is the best song from that single, SEASONS is a nice ballad and Far away is boring.
Meanwhile, the trilogy made me a fan because Far away was like nothing I'd ever heard before with its heavy-fog-in-a-crystalline-cave atmosphere, vogue was my second favorite with its very thick, well-produced eastern flavor, and I thought SEASONS mostly a crappy manufactured pop ballad, but it was certainly the best crappy manufactured pop ballad I'd ever heard XD

The original trilogy kinda had something for everyone, I think. I don't think there's a clear, objective best or weakest track on there - they're all high quality but your taste is going to determine which one you like best.

With this new single, I think the quality is pretty much middle-of-the-road for all of them. As with the first trilogy, our taste is going to determine our favorite, but I do think vogue, Far away, and SEASONS were objectively better produced, better composed, more creative, and more interesting. They were technically more well-executed than these.
Old 17th December 2014, 11:52 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I don't know why there are people surprised with other having different tastes on music? It's almost 2015 but seems like AHS will always be like that lol

For me the single is Walk > Last minute >>>>(pits of Tartarus)>>>> Zutto...

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 18th December 2014, 12:41 AM
YOU Initiate

I think you guys too fast to judge. For me this single really awesome, I don't too much like when I hear this single for the 1st time, butnow I'm in love with all this songs, every track really awesome. Ayumi did a great job again.

Last edited by andycruize; 18th December 2014 at 12:50 AM.
Old 18th December 2014, 01:14 AM
YOU Initiate

i tried giving her a chance again today and it's just not happening. i feel like everytime i stop paying her attention to her music like i did when she released that horrific album rock n roll crap circus, she gets her shit together for at least a second. that or she only made good music when she was dating tomoya. now she's just a mess...

also IMO i feel like those who do like last minute, and i mean REALLY like it. you must've came late to the game with being a fan of hers. that song is just utter garbage.

thanks for the awesome sig HELVENEUE!

here's my art blog! artomomy.blogspot.com
Old 18th December 2014, 01:38 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Zutto... debuted on #5 at Rechocoku Daily Singles ^^
Last minute: #18
Walk: #23

The single itself debuted on #1 at Recochoku Daily Albums

Last edited by brener; 18th December 2014 at 01:40 AM.
Old 18th December 2014, 01:56 AM
poker face Initiate

"Seasons" makes me want to murder puppies, "Far away"" is kind of wack, and "vogue" is not as good as "vogue (Groove that Soul remix)". The best song from the original trilogy is "ever free".

Tumblr * Twitter

Old 18th December 2014, 02:00 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Seasons is as basic as it gets. But vogue and far away absolute gems. I only wish this single was in the style of those songs. Though I know repeating distinct styles like those would make people complain about a lack of creativity. But hey, creativity without heavy deviation is a lot easier when you don't have much behind you, which is not her case anymore. Anyway, this single is nothing majorly new for the most part. But Walk and Last Minute still managed to feel great and bring something new to me.

@end1ess_sorrow: imo, becoming a fan later in her career does not diminish someone's taste in music. In fact, it often offers a different, less biased perspective at times. But you can say whatever you want, obviously.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 18th December 2014, 02:28 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I haven't gotten to listen to this single in full yet, but as far as the vogue-far away-SEASONS debate goes... In my opinion, I feel like the only song of the three that stands alone is SEASONS (and I'm not even a huge fan of SEASONS). With the other two, I prefer the remixes. I don't agree that vogue is a high quality song, to me it sounds very cheap. And as far as eastern influences, Don't look back did it better. I think far away is better and the remastered version on A COMPLETE actually made me fall in love with the original but I love the HAL remix more because despite it being more "dancy" it gives the song a much darker and more polished feel. Although I agree that ayu's older songs are more unique, don't really find them "technically better".

I think her current music is way more polished than her older tracks. Back then I thought there was nothing better but now that ayu has continued to grow I realize that her sound is much more refined now. Even if I don't care for a track I can better appreciate how well put together it sounds.
Old 18th December 2014, 02:57 AM
TO BE Initiate

vogue/far away/seasons was when she seriously set the bar for pop music. the composition of vogue is incredible - seriously just listen to those gorgeous VERSES! i still get goosebumps when i hear the opening notes on the groove coverage remix.

far away is also great. The hook is not as distinctive as vogue or seasons, but more than 10 years on, that song still sounds current, and just as moving.

Seasons for me has aged the worst. Which is not to say it's a bad song, it was monumental when it came out, and I loved it so much then, and it will always be an Ayu classic, but now it really sounds like something out of her Catalogue rather than something that still has staying power.

None of the songs on this new winter single compares. Lol.
Old 18th December 2014, 03:01 AM
appears Initiate

I hate to throw a wrench in everyone's cogs here, but how many of us have actually listened to Ayu frequently within the month running up to this leak? I feel that if you haven't listened to anything from her in months, you probably have a very uninformed perspective on what Ayu sounded like 10 years ago and what this single sounds like.

I'm super confused by some of the ultra negative responses. The lyrics are honestly her best writing in a few years... Maybe you are mostly used to the lyrics of the last few years that didn't have much to say other than very topical, sober stuff? These songs are very targeted at a theme or feeling and are well written. This is light years beyond Colours and LOVE again. It's actually got some serious heart in it.

I've been a hyper-critical fan for a few years now, but this single blows me away. I couldn't stop playing Walk in my head all day at work.
Old 18th December 2014, 03:12 AM
Heartplace Initiate

^ Not trying to be snarky but I just don't get this??? Did I suddenly forget what the rest of her discography sounds like because I haven't listened to much Ayu lately??? I mean I could still recite walking proud or Moments by heart, yet you're saying that I'm uninformed and have no idea what those songs sounded like because I haven't listened to them since October? I can quite clearly remember what she sounded like 10 years ago tyvm and it was much more impassioned, lush, atmospheric music than this single has to offer.

Can't input anything on the lyrics though since I lost interest in those back in 2007/2008.
Old 18th December 2014, 03:44 AM
Initiate

It's quite pointless to argue over subjectivity of "good" or "bad".
I just felt very TOUCHED by all three songs, respectively in their own ways. It's not about quality per se. It's the way she sings them.

For Zutto, it's the little notes she made during the verses that haunts (maybe that's what she meant in interview that someone thinks this song is happy while others sad).

For LM, it's the raw emotion as others have mentioned.

For Walk, it's the integration of lyrics, melody, progression, and her voice, something that speaks her insecurities and make-belief that makes the listener feel powerful and sad at the same time.

So if we want to talk about resemblance and recycling, let's NOT talk about the similarity of MELODIES per se. A song is a lot more than an arrangement of tunes and rhythms. Instead, let's talk about the feelings ayu's songs deliver as a whole. Throughout her career, especially at the beginning when a lot of people were attracted to her, Ayu establishes an image of ambiguity and contradictions: take Trauma, one of her most iconic songs - its melody and arrangement is super happy, but the lyrics are deep and a bit sad, and the singing is aloof and catchy at the same time. It's a crazy mix of emotions, and I guess that's Ayu's magic. That's probably why she can grab the heart of so many diverse listeners.

A lot of some precious ayu songs have this quality of being both sad and happy but neither-nor situation (trauma, monochrome, immature, etc). This ambiguity has gone recently, but now it comes back - I guess that's what it means really to COME BACK. And I feel touched by this sophisticated ambiguity that hardly any other artists can deliver.

Last edited by KPL; 18th December 2014 at 03:56 AM.
Old 18th December 2014, 04:51 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
The original trilogy kinda had something for everyone, I think. I don't think there's a clear, objective best or weakest track on there - they're all high quality but your taste is going to determine which one you like best.
This, for me Far away is the best and most innovative song

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, kunio tago, last minute, tetsuya komuro, tetsuya yukumi, walk, zutto...