[Charts+sales] A BEST 2 -- THREAD II - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th March 2007, 02:23 AM
Real me Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrickRocks View Post
ha ha ai otsuka flopped she was an baka to put Ai am Best out without any type of promotion. A-BEST 2 is not a flop why do people keep saying that? even though im not an ayu- fanatic its still wrong to say that. I mean 2 albums at the same time is kind of retarded alone it would have hit at least 2 mill i think.
Hahahahahaahahaha Koda Kumi is flopping too!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I do not believe at all that A BEST 2 is a total failure. Ayu did a great job at selling so many copies of this album! At least it's ranked up there as one of the highest selling albums of the year.
Old 18th March 2007, 02:58 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution7931 View Post
Yeah A BEST 2 is such a total failure. I mean, 1.1 million cds sold is so bad.

*sarcasm*
Well, it is a HUGE failure. It highly doubt 1 million people bought the album. The truth is, 500,000 fanatics bought both versions, so yeah, it is a total failure for something that is supposed to be a BEST album. Also, what else justify the sudden drop from #1 to #12 in a week? If that's not a pathetic failure, I'm really not sure what it should be called. Succesful? Definitely NOT! I wonder why you fans need to be so defensive to defend something that clearly flopped miserably. I'm not talking about the fact avex received the income for 1.1 million albums, but how ayu's fanbase has grown so shorter for even a BEST album to sell so little (again I reinforce how probably only about 500,000 fans have acquired this album, and i'm not even considering the hardcore fans who bought all 4 version, if they're included, these numbers are a lot smaller). I'm so sorry for ayu

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Last edited by ImpactBreaker; 18th March 2007 at 03:04 AM.
Old 18th March 2007, 03:00 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~X2RADialbomber~ View Post
Hahahahahaahahaha Koda Kumi is flopping too!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

I do not believe at all that A BEST 2 is a total failure. Ayu did a great job at selling so many copies of this album! At least it's ranked up there as one of the highest selling albums of the year.
I know. A total failure would have been more like stooping to BoA's current level, or Namie's. Just kidding. Those no even way less than Ayu's current level and they're far from being complete failures. So neither is Ayu's.

Just because A BEST 2 didn't sell 1 million copies each already does NOT make it a complete failure.

So what if it dropped in 2 weeks? Who the hell cares. They're both #1 albums. I'd just like to point out that most artists cant even get #1.

You use those words too freely, impactbreaker. "Pathetic failure" .. That's so rude

If you say that selling over 500 000 in 2 weeks is a pathetic failure, I guess that also means that Ami Suzuki, BoA, Namie, and of course Ayu are all pathetic failures. That's nice then.

Last edited by evolution7931; 18th March 2007 at 03:05 AM.
Old 18th March 2007, 03:05 AM
Real me Initiate

Quote:
I know. A total failure would have been more like stooping to BoA's current level, or Namie's. Just kidding. Those no even way less than Ayu's current level and they're far from being complete failures. So neither is Ayu's.

Just because A BEST 2 didn't sell 1 million copies each already does NOT make it a complete failure.

So what if it dropped in 2 weeks? Who the hell cares. They're both #1 albums. I'd just like to point out that most artists cant even get #1.

You use those words too freely, impactbreaker. "Pathetic failure" .. That's so rude
Gosh, I agree .___.

Though some people do take the charting positions tooooooo freakishly. Like on Wikipedia, everyday someone trys to change the charts to make it that all her albums were Number 1!
Old 18th March 2007, 03:09 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Yeah. Like omfg ONLY half a million people bought A BEST 2 ;_; Why doesnt ayu just go get the lethal injection now ;_;:@

She only gained billions upon billions of yen for avex since the production costs were so low for this album.. NOT TRILLIONS LIKE SHE SHOULD HAVE.. BOO AYU DIE

Tell me impactbreaker, what are your standards for an album to NOT be a pathetic failure? Having each A BEST 2 album selling 2 million each? Sorry but 2001 is over.

Last edited by evolution7931; 18th March 2007 at 03:12 AM.
Old 18th March 2007, 03:11 AM

Quote:
If you say that selling over 500 000 in 2 weeks is a pathetic failure, I guess that also means that Ami Suzuki, BoA, Namie, and of course Ayu are all pathetic failures. That's nice then.
BoA and Ami Suzuki have never been anywhere close to ayu in terms of popularity and sales, so if ayu is reaching them, it makes me think ayu is doing badly.

Quote:
Yeah. Like omfg ONLY half a million people bought A BEST 2 ;_; Why doesnt ayu just go get the lethal injection now ;_;:@

She only gained billions upon billions of yen for avex since the production costs were so low for this album.. NOT TRILLIONS LIKE SHE SHOULD HAVE.. BOO AYU DIE

Tell me impactbreaker, what are your standards for an album to NOT be a pathetic failure? Having each A BEST 2 album selling 2 million each? Sorry but 2001 is over.
Geez, the fact this album was a pathetic failure and flop in my opinion, doesn't mean you need to satirize with "pathetic" examples. I never said she needed to get a lethal injection or quit or whatever, so drop your ayu-fanboying because I'm also a huge fan of ayu. These A BESt 2 sales are shameful, and avex should have released this album as a double CD instead, just like most artists do. Content is too buig? Double CD. Avex was pathetic in dividing this release. I bet several people feel turned off into buying this album because they feel quite divided about some of the BLACK and WHITE songs and just decide not to waste their money. Bad move.

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Last edited by ImpactBreaker; 18th March 2007 at 03:17 AM.
Old 18th March 2007, 03:13 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker View Post
BoA and Ami Suzuki have never been anywhere close to ayu in terms of popularity and sales, so if ayu is reaching them, it makes me think ayu is doing badly.
Sorry to break the news but yes Ami Suzuki has been as popular as Ayu in terms of sales.
Old 18th March 2007, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Sorry to break the news but yes Ami Suzuki has been as popular as Ayu in terms of sales.
What is ami Suzuki now? If you think ayu is really going well being as succesful as Ami Suzuki is right now, then sorry, flop was a good choice of a word.

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 18th March 2007, 03:24 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
What is ami Suzuki now? If you think ayu is really going well being as succesful as Ami Suzuki is right now, then sorry, flop was a good choice of a word.
Wtf? I'm sorry but maybe if you wrote properly I could understand.

Besides it has nothing to do with her. It's Ayu.

Tell me what A BEST 2 would have had to have sold to not be a pathetic failure. Go on, humor me.
Old 18th March 2007, 03:45 AM
Daybreak Initiate

haha, the album was not a flop, most artists can't even sell what 1 of her bests can sell in the first week.

Look a Best Bounce & Lovers, now thats a flop.
Old 18th March 2007, 04:00 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofpop View Post
haha, the album was not a flop, most artists can't even sell what 1 of her bests can sell in the first week.

Exactly! Thank you!
Old 18th March 2007, 04:27 AM
Naturally Initiate

Well, Bounce&Loves is limited to 350K, so it's not going to be that successful.

For A Best 2, I'm not going to say it's a success, because it's not completely, but I don't think it's a total flop either. I think the use of the words "pathetic failure" is a little too extreme. It's not like it's only 50K by its first weeks.

And to be honest, I'm not sure about Ai am Best. Since Ai's discography is pretty small, leaving out 4 singles is a pretty big deal, and I still think avex made a mistake putting love music instead of Haneari Tamago or friends, and for a best album, the pre-order charting is not that good.

It's an endless story, always shining
Always, I want to tell you, forever
lj icon-journal

Last edited by Kikaru; 18th March 2007 at 04:30 AM.
Old 18th March 2007, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Wtf? I'm sorry but maybe if you wrote properly I could understand.

Besides it has nothing to do with her. It's Ayu.

Tell me what A BEST 2 would have had to have sold to not be a pathetic failure. Go on, humor me.
Huh? You're the one who brought Ami Suzuki and BoA into the discussion and tell me it has nothing to do with her(Ami suzuki)? LOL Don't bring them into discussion next time if you're going to contradict yourself later.
Guy, get over it. To me this album was a failure. You can live up to think that these were fantastic sales, because they weren't in my opinion, and you won't convice me otherwise, no matter how much excuses are invented about BoA this, Ami Suzuki that, namie amuro this, whatever. I think you're getting too annoyed by the fact I have such a rough opinion about these sales. C'mon, calling this a pathetic failure is being rude? Oh My God, I'm being rude to an ayu album! A CD with a plastic case and booklet, oh no, I'm being rude to an object! What a crime. Sorry but this is getting out of hand.

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Last edited by ImpactBreaker; 18th March 2007 at 04:34 AM.
Old 18th March 2007, 04:37 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

That's nice. I'd just like to know your definition of what success would be for this album.
Old 18th March 2007, 04:41 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
So what if it dropped in 2 weeks? Who the hell cares. They're both #1 albums.
Technically, only -WHITE- is the #1 album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaru View Post
For A Best 2, I'm not going to say it's a success, because it's not completely, but I don't think it's a total flop either. I think the use of the words "pathetic failure" is a little too extreme. It's not like it's only 50K by its first weeks.
Same. If it manages to sell 800k, it will be decent. (Nothing to go crazy about imo.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofpop View Post
Considering how it's her 3rd BEST and it's limited to 350k, if the album manages to sell like 200k, I don't think it will be a flop.
Old 18th March 2007, 04:42 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fan929 View Post
Technically, only -WHITE- is the #1 album.

Considering how it's her 3rd BEST and it's limited to 350k, if the album manages to sell like 200k, I don't think it will be a flop.
Sorry then, they're both #1 and #2 albums? Not that different
Old 18th March 2007, 04:44 AM

Quote:
That's nice. I'd just like to know your definition of what success would be for this album.
Being able to keep on a solid position, with little variation, instead of ridiculously dropping several positions in the second week could be a sign.

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 18th March 2007, 04:47 AM
Because of You Initiate

I'll have to admit the 2nd week sales were a lot lower than what I expected. 'Secret' debuted with a lower 1st week but its' 2nd week sales managed to outsell A BEST 2's 2nd week sales...
Old 18th March 2007, 04:55 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Being able to keep on a solid position, with little variation, instead of ridiculously dropping several positions in the second week could be a sign.
second week position is just one position down....exile took the #1 spot.
white: 1 to 2 black 2 to 3. (If you just look at the first post carefully, that #12 spot is for world united chart)

Looking based on the daily indicators, Im very surprised b&l and but/ashio sold so low even though they are limited. Shouldnt the sales be closer to the limited number than it is now? since knowing that they are limited...fans would try to get it before they think will run out right? For someone like kumi who is one of the popular female artists right now still sell so low and so far not at the middle point of the limited number?

Last edited by Ayumiko; 18th March 2007 at 04:58 AM.
Old 18th March 2007, 05:03 AM
Because of You Initiate

Well for the single, I seriously don't think people knew it was limited. (It's not like it's mentioned in the CM's or anything).
Closed Thread