[News] A COMPLETE ~ALL SINGLES~ OUT 9.10 thread v. II - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 30th July 2008, 09:01 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

^ not sure but At least it will sell higher than GUILTY..
Old 30th July 2008, 09:22 AM
Interlude Initiate

the name "complete" is not true at all, sadly too much stuff missing, i thought they would throw in all the b-sides too... that would have made sense!!

and i think we all got better cover shot ideas than it will actually be....*sigh*
Old 30th July 2008, 11:27 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
not on mine? and not on the tracklist on her site?? o_O
http://avexnet.or.jp/ayu/jp/discogra...VBD-91181.html
I think we kinda have (miss)understood situation here..I thot you talked about A COMPLETE ~ALL SINGLES~ tracklist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
A Song is born isn't calculated as an ayu normal single like the others.
yea i know..but still i love that song,
I think it's the most painful song for ayu to perform live..

Old 30th July 2008, 11:27 AM
Banned

I really wonder why people say stuff is missing... 43 singles, 43 tracks... what is missing? yea sure maybe the b-sides/double a-sides... but this is just a collection of all of her Track ones of all singles.... again.. 43 singles, 43 tracks.. nothing's missing.
Old 30th July 2008, 12:03 PM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by riozz View Post
^ not sure but At least it will sell higher than GUILTY..
that's anything but sure as of now. ninki isn't out yet and no one knows how Japanese might behave after having purchased A BEST 2 recently for a ton of money.
Old 30th July 2008, 12:46 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitara View Post
the name "complete" is not true at all, sadly too much stuff missing, i thought they would throw in all the b-sides too... that would have made sense!!

and i think we all got better cover shot ideas than it will actually be....*sigh*
I really hope that this won't affect the sales.
Old 30th July 2008, 12:49 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody! View Post
I really wonder why people say stuff is missing... 43 singles, 43 tracks... what is missing? yea sure maybe the b-sides/double a-sides... but this is just a collection of all of her Track ones of all singles.... again.. 43 singles, 43 tracks.. nothing's missing.
probly, but i would love to see they include the remaining A-sides on A, H, & as well. It's a waste not to include HANABI and its episode II for sure. End roll was very popular back then. Also, is this LOVE? is great, Pride is excellently made. It's such a waste not to include these fantastic songs!! Oh and July 1st as well. She practically sang this one most of the a-nations. I dun see why they omit it in A COMPLETE. It's quite stupid to include only Track 1s of the singles.

Last edited by bluegie; 30th July 2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 30th July 2008, 01:15 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
i hope it can get a million sales
In fact, i think this is ayu's biggest chance to get back the million sales status her albums used to have. Normally, compilations such as these sell better than the singer's original studio albums. One way to contribute to the figure would be to order from cdjapan or something but japanese press is about double the price of overseas press
Old 30th July 2008, 01:16 PM
Banned

^

I for one actually like that they have 43 tracks, as she has 43 singles. It's more clean. : > Like every track you can go "ah now we're going months into time again", instead of "hmm is this track from the same single or are we ahead in time now?". Though I do love HANABI more than independent and HANABI II more than ourselves. =p

@SolarAngel: If you want the lottery you gotta order from CDJapan or YesAsia ^.^ so thats another reason to help the sales~~ Though some people argue that overseas sales dont count period. (to oricon)
Old 30th July 2008, 01:24 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
probly, but i would love to see they include the remaining A-sides on A, H, & as well. It's a waste not to include HANABI and its episode II for sure. End roll was very popular back then. Also, is this LOVE? is great, Pride is excellently made. It's such a waste not to include these fantastic songs!! Oh and July 1st as well. She practically sang this one most of the a-nations. I dun see why they omit it in A COMPLETE. It's quite stupid to include only Track 1s of the singles.
Exactly. I would understand if the single was named like Monochrome or Step you but it's called A and Step you/is this LOVE? implying that all the songs in in those singles are equal a-sides. The problem is, there're 43 singles so it makes more symbolic sense for there to be 43 songs, never mind the extra who... that butted in somehow...

Maybe they could do something like Do as Infinity did. Do the A side and Do the B side. Was there a Do the B side? Anyway, something like that with tracks like end roll, pride, hanabi ep II etc. and a DVD with MORE TA and a-nation footage haha!
Old 30th July 2008, 01:26 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose View Post
^
If you want the lottery you gotta order from CDJapan or YesAsia ^.^ so thats another reason to help the sales~~ Though some people argue that overseas sales dont count period. (to oricon)
Thanks for the information Actually i heard that Yesasia doesn't count but CDJapan does. CDJapan doesn't have free shipping above US$25 though... Hope you'll get the item you want.
Old 30th July 2008, 01:30 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

We all know that ayu has 43 singles. But whats the point of insisting that there should be only 43 tracks on 3 CDs? There isnt any significance that i know of.

So i was pretty upset about the tracklist of the songs. And arranging in that particular order may not be a good idea too. the songs may not flow..

I am looking forward to the DVD to be honest.
Old 30th July 2008, 02:09 PM
I am... Initiate

So what would you rather have? Kinki had this really interesting concept where they put in 13 songs chosen by themselves and the fans so there were 39 songs total. Maybe we could have ayu's 20 favourites and fan's 20 favourites. Unfortunately, everything was lumped together for this. It's a little like A Best where the songs were arranged chronologically in order of release. As for whether it would flow, i think it's alright because the songs are all we know and love (sort of). But for Best of CDL, i found the performance transitions very jerky so maybe not...
Old 30th July 2008, 02:20 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

well at least in a way it contains the singles that she put out since her debut all the way to now .

in a way I'm glad that the timing sequence's there , I know some albums are not like that so yup

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 30th July 2008, 02:54 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAngel View Post
In fact, i think this is ayu's biggest chance to get back the million sales status her albums used to have. Normally, compilations such as these sell better than the singer's original studio albums. One way to contribute to the figure would be to order from cdjapan or something but japanese press is about double the price of overseas press
yeah,
hope ayu will hit back the million sales again
i think 43 tracks is hell alot of tracks already le.. i mean, 43 songs can play roughly about 2.30 ~ 3 hour nonstop?
and i guess this will boost ayu's reputation across Asia too

A BIG thank you to CeReSu
" Ayu FEVER !!! "
Old 30th July 2008, 03:46 PM
I am... Initiate

Yeah hopefully it will last me from changi to NUS and back lol... Looking forward to listening to all her singles on my MP3.
Old 30th July 2008, 03:50 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

I wouldn't get my hopes up, it will be good if this sells as much as GUILTY. The reviews of people from Japan on HMV were quite negative which means they didn't like the fact this is getting released a year and a half after A BEST 2. The only thing I am worried is how this could affect Ayu's future sales. On the other hand this could sell more than A BEST 2, but somehow I don't have a good feeling ^^

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 30th July 2008, 04:24 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Well, most of the time, a lot of haters post bad reviews on the shop sites like Amazon and HMV, basically pouncing on the fact that Ayu did something sort of "disappointing" and want to take advantage of that. Same thing happened when A BEST 2 came out, I think..
Old 30th July 2008, 04:36 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Well, most of the time, a lot of haters post bad reviews on the shop sites like Amazon and HMV, basically pouncing on the fact that Ayu did something sort of "disappointing" and want to take advantage of that. Same thing happened when A BEST 2 came out, I think..
maybe it's just that, I mean even her last.fm page turns into an anti-fan-page from time to time xD oh well i am hoping this release will do good.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 30th July 2008, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternarist View Post
We all know that ayu has 43 singles. But whats the point of insisting that there should be only 43 tracks on 3 CDs? There isnt any significance that i know of.

So i was pretty upset about the tracklist of the songs. And arranging in that particular order may not be a good idea too. the songs may not flow..

I am looking forward to the DVD to be honest.
I enjoy going forward in time with every song. =D Like every song's from a new single. I see no important reason why all songs should be on there. It's not like they haven't already been released on albums, singles and maybe other compilation albums.

@SolarAngel: Oh okay. Cool that CDJapan counts. ^^ But like you said it's a bit more pricey though, so I went with YesAsia for this one..

Though I reaaaally like the idea of Ayu choosing her favorite songs. I have no clue what her favorite songs are so it would be fun to know. XD

BTW truehap reply to my PMs. xS

Tags
2008, a complete ~all singles~, a nation dvd, limited ta live concert, september 10, single best, unreleased footage