[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Zutto.../Last Minute/Walk~ - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 24th December 2014, 04:34 PM
artcika's Avatar
artcika artcika is offline
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 5,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
Why do you guys always place ayu's "bad decision" under avex? At this point in her career I'm completely sure that avec wouldn't come up and say "Hey we want a single on Xmas eve, but no TV live and no DVD for the single". And maybe even some years ago when she had that #1 singles streak, they surely wouldn't give her orders without a discussion, specially after A BEST saved avex... Probably ayu herself wanted to release this as a Xmas gift, and as she wouldn't have much time to shoot PVs cause of her CDL, they came up only with the CD version. Of course, I can't tell this for sure, but the idea of avex still controlling her like this is ridiculous to me
Lol trust me if they give you freedom on most things...it doesn't mean you have it on everything. She may be a big game in their company but that doesn't mean they won't state their opinions on what she should do and what not. They probably had a thing or two to add to the decision temselves as well.
I mean even GACKT once said that he wanted to change his hair color but his company didn't exactly wanted that so he had to keep it for longer. And this dude isn't someone you can just push around. And he is one of the better selling male artists today in Japan. His stuff always hits Top 10. And someone just doesn't let him change the hair color. I mean....really...

I think it's just pure luck with the numbers and the timing. Change of genertions affect a lot of things.

Last edited by artcika; 24th December 2014 at 04:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 24th December 2014, 05:14 PM
LONJJONG LONJJONG is offline
ever free Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Singapore / Indonesia
Posts: 1,298
Oh no :/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 24th December 2014, 05:35 PM
andycruize andycruize is offline
YOU Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 122
I don't care about the chart, it's about MUSIC!! Go ayu! Btw I'm really happy and satisfied with the sales (19k)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 24th December 2014, 06:56 PM
Sunrise Sunrise is offline
ayu-mi-x Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 541
Isn't the drop due to new Tuesday releases? Since Ayu released on a Monday this is her second day vs. their first days?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 24th December 2014, 06:59 PM
spanishfan spanishfan is offline
P.S II Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sevilla, Spain
Posts: 1,014
^there are only two new releases obove Ayu on 2nd day sales ^^
__________________
sorry for my awful english~

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 24th December 2014, 07:02 PM
Sunrise Sunrise is offline
ayu-mi-x Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 541
^ Oh! Thanks for the info.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 24th December 2014, 07:59 PM
Yoshiaki Yoshiaki is offline
Gut it-pez Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 39
Hmm... I still felt there is a lack in promotions (apart from the billboard)...? Do we have a 15s or 30s CM about this single...? And I think also due to the fact that ayu didn't do any LIVE... So for this single having such a result, I think is probably quite good already...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 24th December 2014, 11:48 PM
ayumisrael's Avatar
ayumisrael ayumisrael is offline
Lelio Protector

 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Israel
Posts: 16,021
Lives aren't really promo that biring sales, at least not on recent years.

Promos that bring sales are great tie-ins like CMs, endorsements, popular dramas etc.
Can't think of anything else that would help nowadays.

Dropping to #8 isn't so bad if the releases above are selling consistently and barely drop.
ayu's single really sold relatively high for the first day, for solo female standarts.
Except for namie who would sell the same or above with a single and only a CD version.
__________________

Thanks to ownsarai for the great set!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 24th December 2014, 11:55 PM
bluegie's Avatar
bluegie bluegie is offline
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,869
I think ayu is actually doing really good this time. She just got weekly no. 1 on recochoku album chart, and is no. 2 on daily today (new digitals just released). I think this time the single is quite accepted by the general public.

Nowadays you have to look at digital charts as well. Physical sales may not tell 100% how popular the songs are.
__________________
...
...
...
.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 25th December 2014, 12:16 AM
hayasaki's Avatar
hayasaki hayasaki is offline
ĉternal Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aichi, Japan
Posts: 2,780
Was there a drop? I can only see her first day sale XD

EDIT: Oh nvmind I found it. LOL

I just can't understand why they started counting the sales even before the official release date. The figures "should've been" higher if the started it on 24th. Even so, Kiss My whatever will always rank on top considering the fangirl population here in Japan recently. lol

i'm glad that the single is doinh well digital-wise. The single deserves the recognition. Its the single that I enjoy whole heartedly after quite a long time.
__________________

facebook | instagram | twitter


Last edited by hayasaki; 25th December 2014 at 12:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 25th December 2014, 02:11 AM
njanjayrp's Avatar
njanjayrp njanjayrp is offline
winding road Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 7,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
I think ayu is actually doing really good this time. She just got weekly no. 1 on recochoku album chart, and is no. 2 on daily today (new digitals just released). I think this time the single is quite accepted by the general public.

Nowadays you have to look at digital charts as well. Physical sales may not tell 100% how popular the songs are.
Could u please post the link to the recochoku weeklies?
__________________




Follow me @njanjayrp

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 25th December 2014, 02:46 AM
Matt_rq's Avatar
Matt_rq Matt_rq is offline
Depend on you Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Talca, Chile
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Could u please post the link to the recochoku weeklies?
here http://recochoku.jp/ranking/album/weekly/
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 25th December 2014, 03:49 AM
adantatu2's Avatar
adantatu2 adantatu2 is offline
1 LOVE Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,649
Not bad
__________________

Jessica no te vayas, aunque seas algo zorra, le das un sabor muy interesante a la Generación de Chicas. Amo tu frialdad e indiferencia !!! Mi kokoro no puede más.

Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 25th December 2014, 03:56 AM
Bigtop Bigtop is offline
Are You Wake Up? Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bothell, WA, USA
Posts: 9,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
2nd day charting of Zutto.../Last minute/Walk - #8

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2014-12-23/
Ugh...

Here we go again - can she even make top five...? I have a feeling it isn't likely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
Lol trust me if they give you freedom on most things...it doesn't mean you have it on everything. She may be a big game in their company but that doesn't mean they won't state their opinions on what she should do and what not. They probably had a thing or two to add to the decision temselves as well.
I mean even GACKT once said that he wanted to change his hair color but his company didn't exactly wanted that so he had to keep it for longer. And this dude isn't someone you can just push around. And he is one of the better selling male artists today in Japan. His stuff always hits Top 10. And someone just doesn't let him change the hair color. I mean....really...

I think it's just pure luck with the numbers and the timing. Change of genertions affect a lot of things.
AGREED! Especially with the change of generations! Everyone gets older, but the younger ones, probably the majority of music buyers in Japan, are the key to sales, and they're preferring the idol image of AKB48 or Johnny's today instead of the traditional soloists of "yesterday"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
Isn't the drop due to new Tuesday releases? Since Ayu released on a Monday this is her second day vs. their first days?
Tuesday was a holiday, Emperor Akihito's birthday. Don't know if that's going to affect the numbers significantly.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 25th December 2014, 03:59 AM
SURREAL__RAINBOW's Avatar
SURREAL__RAINBOW SURREAL__RAINBOW is offline
A BEST 2 -WHITE- Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,633
It is safe to say that she has around 20k fans left in Japan
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 25th December 2014, 04:52 AM
Beauty4123 Beauty4123 is offline
SAKURA Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 30,030
With an #2 on the first day & then an #8 on the second, I'd say that this single is doing extremely well, so far! Which I am very happy about, because I absolutely love all three songs! I think as long as the single continues to chart within the top 10 on Oricon, it'll be just fine. Go ayu!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 25th December 2014, 05:10 AM
pimenta's Avatar
pimenta pimenta is offline
winding road H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 2,610
Great first day! The big drop is a bit sad, but I feel the week sales will be quite decent, so I'm happy. The position doesn't matter, it's not like we didn't know Kis-My-Ft2 would get #1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
Why do you guys always place ayu's "bad decision" under avex? At this point in her career I'm completely sure that avec wouldn't come up and say "Hey we want a single on Xmas eve, but no TV live and no DVD for the single". And maybe even some years ago when she had that #1 singles streak, they surely wouldn't give her orders without a discussion, specially after A BEST saved avex... Probably ayu herself wanted to release this as a Xmas gift, and as she wouldn't have much time to shoot PVs cause of her CDL, they came up only with the CD version. Of course, I can't tell this for sure, but the idea of avex still controlling her like this is ridiculous to me
I agree, at this point I think Ayu is the one who decided she wanted her single to be released on christmas and the amount of promotion she's going to do (though of course the billboards and CMs are on Avex). And I don't even know if it's a "bad decision", I don't think she cares about what position she is in, she just wanted to give her fans a single on christmas, I think that's great.
tbh, I don't think she would have gotten #1 if it was released on a different week anyway. If you look at the artists who topped all previous weeks, it was always idols that she probably wouldn't be able to beat, so it makes no difference (sure, if it was last week she would have guaranteed at least #3 with just her first day sales, but not #1).

She's doing really well on digital rankings, though
__________________


Last edited by pimenta; 25th December 2014 at 05:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 25th December 2014, 05:45 AM
orbitalaspect's Avatar
orbitalaspect orbitalaspect is offline
appears Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lakewood, WA (AKA The Real Hell on Earth)
Posts: 1,074
Somewhat impressed. She's reasonably competing against Namie's single performances right now, which is good considering Ayu still isn't throwing around the same weight as Namie has these last few years.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 25th December 2014, 10:00 AM
Deep snow Deep snow is offline
still alone Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
Anyway why Kisumai's new single was able to sell 238,024 on the 1st day (let alone outsold the 1st week sales of their previous single)

They had 11 editions put out in total + it's quite astounding that by tomorrow , it will unofficially become their best 1st week sales for a single

I'm a Kisumai fan & I knew upfront that their new single was going to get #1 but didn't expect it would sold so much on the 1st day
Holy shit hahaha okay

So ayu's just not trying that hard anymore. She's earned all her past successes working her ass off releasing singles every month. Right now she's just sitting back, more relaxed, coasting, and like, I deserve this after 50 singles, bitch
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 25th December 2014, 11:26 AM
KarenPang's Avatar
KarenPang KarenPang is online now
BLUE BIRD H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: #1 BREAKERZ fan in Singapore ♥
Posts: 95,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
Holy shit hahaha okay

So ayu's just not trying that hard anymore. She's earned all her past successes working her ass off releasing singles every month. Right now she's just sitting back, more relaxed, coasting, and like, I deserve this after 50 singles, bitch
Kisumai's previous singles also had multiple editions but their latest single has the most as outta 11 editions , 7 of them are individual covers of each member so you can imagine -_-

Anyway ...

3rd day ranking of Zutto... / Last minute / Walk - #9

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2014-12-24/
__________________



Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | Guitarist AKIHIDE 8th solo album LOOP WORLD (25.11.20)


My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 42 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, last minute, oricon, walk, zutto...

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.