what's the difference between Overseas version and the Japan version - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 22nd August 2011, 05:36 PM
Greatful days Initiate

their chinese titles... well some are horrible translations eg Sexy little things 心機小女人MOON 明月..
Never mind I shall wait for them to release the tracklist and hopefully that will be soon

sig - me

LJ | LastFM | LJ icons | Blog

Old 22nd August 2011, 05:44 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

honestly , I don't care about that so much , it's such a minor thing frankly speaking

Most of the time , avex Taiwan will translate the song titles if not even the single/album titles but I don't bother about that

Japan press is costly to me so for me , I pay more emphasis on this as I cannot be buying Japan press for all 30-40 JPop acts I listen/support X.X

I can buy 2-3 copies of a Taiwan pressing of something which's = 1 copy of Japan press :x

You're a student like myself so you should be able to understand my financial situation well

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 22nd August 2011, 05:52 PM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiseki89 View Post
oo ok now i need to reconsider again. thanks
If you don't feel 100% confident in buying OS versions because of how they're different from JP versions, my advice to you is to not get them at all. If you're a collector, or thinking of becoming one in the future, it will cost you *more* in the long run to replace OS versions with JP versions if those are what you really want.

It's better to wait for a great deal or save up for what you really want than to spend money on something that you don't.
Old 22nd August 2011, 06:17 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
honestly , I don't care about that so much , it's such a minor thing frankly speaking

Most of the time , avex Taiwan will translate the song titles if not even the single/album titles but I don't bother about that

Japan press is costly to me so for me , I pay more emphasis on this as I cannot be buying Japan press for all 30-40 JPop acts I listen/support X.X

I can buy 2-3 copies of a Taiwan pressing of something which's = 1 copy of Japan press :x

You're a student like myself so you should be able to understand my financial situation well
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRSTKLAS View Post
If you don't feel 100% confident in buying OS versions because of how they're different from JP versions, my advice to you is to not get them at all. If you're a collector, or thinking of becoming one in the future, it will cost you *more* in the long run to replace OS versions with JP versions if those are what you really want.

It's better to wait for a great deal or save up for what you really want than to spend money on something that you don't.
yeah i know hence my dilemna - I don't mind OS versions, my only concern is if they will translate the song titles to weird chinese titles. If only tw version doesn't do that extra bit. I don't mind paying extra bit since I don't support many artiste, well not consistent support that is so I am still under my music budget for the year - but the FIVE folder looks so nice....

Nevertheless thanks for all the help

sig - me

Old 23rd August 2011, 01:29 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

actually,you can try to sell it on ebay,if you like.i am sure they are some people willing to buy it.but definitely you'll need to take a small risk here (in case if no one wants to buy it)

Old 25th August 2011, 02:30 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiseki89 View Post
yeah i know hence my dilemna - I don't mind OS versions, my only concern is if they will translate the song titles to weird chinese titles. If only tw version doesn't do that extra bit. I don't mind paying extra bit since I don't support many artiste, well not consistent support that is so I am still under my music budget for the year - but the FIVE folder looks so nice....

Nevertheless thanks for all the help
avex Taiwan translated the song titles for FIVE as follows

progress 前進
Why... 為什麼... feat. JUNO
beloved 摯愛
ANother song 另一首歌 feat. URATA NAOYA
BRILLANTE 光芒

http://www.avex.com.tw/Artist/artist...istCode=HAMASJ

At least they do make sense when the titles are translated from English . I've seen weirder ones before o_o

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 25th August 2011 at 02:35 AM.
Old 25th August 2011, 04:46 PM
Greatful days Initiate

yeah this time's ok i guess.. changed order. Thanks for the titles

sig - me