[YouTube] Using Ayu Music for my YouTube - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 7th August 2018, 10:57 AM
Because of You Initiate

Using Ayu Music for my YouTube

Hi, I have questions about using Ayu music for my youtube channel.

I really want to show some love to ayu and put a short clip (less than 30seconds) of ayu song at the end of my videos. This idea is for her 20th anniversary.

However, I don't want to get my video removed because I use the copyrighted material. So, my questions:

(1) If I put the clip less than 30 seconds and cut from her music videos, would that be ok? I will provide credit and link back to her channel and ave

(2) What is the worst situation?

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 7th August 2018, 11:25 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

(1)
I used short (but more than 30 seconds too) clips of ayu's songs from TROUBLE and MIJ for the previews I made and they got licensed by avex. It means that you can keep them and everybody can still watch the video but you can't earn money with the video. Instead of that, they can.

(2)
With full songs I have less experience, but with some album tracks (e.g. Heartplace), nothing happens except for the video being blocked in Japan.

With live videos/audios (usually full ones as videos featuring short clips are still there but not 100% sure) they often get removed. At least most of them. Last year they deleted A LOT but some are still there. Hope that helps you!

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 7th August 2018 at 11:44 AM.
Old 7th August 2018, 03:58 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
(1)
I used short (but more than 30 seconds too) clips of ayu's songs from TROUBLE and MIJ for the previews I made and they got licensed by avex. It means that you can keep them and everybody can still watch the video but you can't earn money with the video. Instead of that, they can.

(2)
With full songs I have less experience, but with some album tracks (e.g. Heartplace), nothing happens except for the video being blocked in Japan.

With live videos/audios (usually full ones as videos featuring short clips are still there but not 100% sure) they often get removed. At least most of them. Last year they deleted A LOT but some are still there. Hope that helps you!
Thanks!

I believe I have less than 1000 subs and I can't make money tho. Thanks a lot! I have to rethink about this

Old 7th August 2018, 08:46 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^I don't know if that helps you any further but my videos weren't monetized anyway and they still did this license etc. thing. I also have less than 1000 (even less than 500) subs but yea. I suppose it'd happen to every channel.

Old 8th August 2018, 05:17 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
^I don't know if that helps you any further but my videos weren't monetized anyway and they still did this license etc. thing. I also have less than 1000 (even less than 500) subs but yea. I suppose it'd happen to every channel.
I remember Shane Dawson mentioning one of his videos got caught by recording the license music in the background. I guess it is not safe to give ayu a shout out...

Old 8th August 2018, 07:08 PM
LIMIT Initiate

It depends on a song. Upload privately first to see if there's any problems. Sometimes Avex blocks them worldwide or within Japan and sometimes Avex or someone else monetizes them and sometimes they just inform you that you can't monetize them but that it's okay to upload. There's sometimes a long list of bogus copyright claims.
Old 9th August 2018, 11:06 PM
Initiate

I made a digest video of Rock N' Roll Circus Tour, just a couple seconds from most of the songs. It was up for years and then they made me remove it. Another video I has was blocked in Japan but monetized by Avex. I ended up removing it anyway just in case. It probably automatically gets flagged and then they decide if your video will help promote Ayu or hurt their sales.
Old 10th August 2018, 06:29 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Well, although it was monetized by avex, the TROUBLE preview got deleted. So, those songs aren't "safe" either.