New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [IX] - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th March 2012, 01:38 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Were all PVs shot in the UK?
Old 15th March 2012, 01:51 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

omg she is so full of crap. If that wasn't about her divorce, then I'm a giraffe.

I can see why she'd not want to say outright though, with the media being what it is.

In any case, I'm sorry, but I'd rather see a PV that is just her dancing in a club going nowhere, than one with all these contrived thematic visuals and pretentious symbolism.

She's so gorgeous in the PV though, but I'm not even sure I like the look over the NaNaNa PV

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Last edited by emi♡; 15th March 2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 15th March 2012, 01:54 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJason View Post
I will. Uhm I have edited Return Road, so it skips the (LONG) awkward piano smashing part and Timmy's aaahooohoahao's. (however his chanting is still there in the last chorus) I can share that version with you!
Great! There is technology to remove the chanting after 3:00?

I want that version!!
Old 15th March 2012, 02:00 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAS_AYU View Post
Were all PVs shot in the UK?
NaNaNa, Shake It, and Return Road were shot in the UK.

how beautiful you are was filmed a little less than a month ago in Japan.

There MIGHT be a way to remove the chanting using Audacity and inverting the waveform of the song in that section. It's a method usually used to make quick karaoke tracks out of normal song mixes.

http://wiki.audacityteam.org/index.p...=Vocal_Removal

You can try it and see if it works?

Someone please tell me where Ayu said that these tracks/PVs/whatever were not related to her marriage. I am fairly certain she NEVER SAID THAT. In fact, she was very honest about some of the songs being related to her divorce and what she felt because of it.

Last edited by truehappiness; 15th March 2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 15th March 2012, 02:07 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Someone please tell me where Ayu said that these tracks/PVs/whatever were not related to her marriage. I am fairly certain she NEVER SAID THAT.
I don't think she's ever said that. She only said that people are free to feel whatever they want from her songs, if I remember?
Old 15th March 2012, 02:14 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuuk View Post
I don't think she's ever said that. She only said that people are free to feel whatever they want from her songs, if I remember?
Yeah, that's exactly what she said.

However, it seems that before we got that interview, we just knew that "Return Road and Virgin Road are not related to each other." Virgin Road was not about her marriage to Mannie. Or if it was, she must have foreseen it because she hadn't met him until after she wrote the song and was filming the PV.

Return Road is heavily hinted to be about her divorce/marriage but that's obvious to anyone who knows she recently went through a divorce. (The same goes for call and Letter and reminds me and Tell me why)

You know, since she recorded all of these tracks in November/December... she must have been already thinking about splitting up with him for months before it actually happened. (Even during FIVE, I imagine.)

Last edited by truehappiness; 15th March 2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 15th March 2012, 02:23 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

um okay. I thought it was pretty heavily implied that's what she meant.

Guess we misunderstood her.

And the picture at the end of Return Road gives it the most obvious meaning ever, over anything else she's released.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 15th March 2012, 02:24 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

yeah uh i'm not understanding the Return Road PV.
she looked great but it was kind of boring. i'm not really impressed with any of the PVs for this album. oh well. can't have both flawless songs and PVs unless it's (miss)understood i guess.
Old 15th March 2012, 02:41 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by love in music View Post
Oh well. can't have both flawless songs and PVs unless it's (miss)understood i guess.
haha QFT!
You're so rightn that was a damn album!
Old 15th March 2012, 02:47 AM
No way to say Initiate

Eurgh her PVs are sooo...IDK...they start out promising and then nothing really happens, it's like they come up with a vague idea of what they want to do and then don't expand on it and then fill the PV with boring filler shots of Ayu posing or band members ugh.
Old 15th March 2012, 02:50 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
The PV for RR was below my expectations, which is a bit disappointing. But, its definitely about her and Mannie's marriage/divorce. I mean, the ending says everything.

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 15th March 2012, 03:16 AM
P.S II Initiate

i guess the PV implied that she wants the media to shut up, seeing those band members scratching the guitars (using her music power) while the broadcast machines/devices (media) in the factory exploded...

just my speculation.
Old 15th March 2012, 03:29 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by love in music View Post
can't have both flawless songs and PVs unless it's (miss)understood i guess.
That's exactly what I thought!
Old 15th March 2012, 03:32 AM
SEASONS Initiate

I usually hate when people try to interpret her lyrics/covers/PV, because I usually think they are thinking too much/have too much time to waste. They try to find deep explanations behind everything and it annoys me a lot haha!
But I can't help thinking about Return Road PV and suddenly I thought about something (and here we go) : a relation with it and last year's nuclear disaster.
The factory is falling appart in the PV, like Fukushima nuclear plant.
As a result Ayu is damaged physically and mentally in the PV. Eventually she has to make a decision, she decides to break up because of the disaster, even if she doesn't fully want it (hence the presence of the photo at the end). If I'm not wrong she said she decided to break up after what happened last year to Japan. She couldn't leave her country anymore, she decided not to stay in America with her husband.

edit: there is also the presence of the masked employees in white... Like nuclear protective clothing.

Last edited by hidekirby; 15th March 2012 at 03:36 AM.
Old 15th March 2012, 03:32 AM
rainy day Initiate

I posted on facebook how I am a bit sad over the album's turnout and my friend wrote:
"Well at least you don't pay $150 for her CD/DVD/teabag combo anymore. Lol."

I then informed her about the limited edition package and it's contents and the outrageous price. Her response was:

"Wth. Is she just giving away **** laying around her house whenever she releases an album? Lol. "Ayumi's new 2013 album will include her CD, 3 DVDs, a slightly worn copy of The Notebook, a set of dishes, and half a roll of toilet paper... All for only 500,000 Yen!""
Old 15th March 2012, 03:34 AM
Dolls Initiate

^ (miss)understood have B&D/Pride boring PV'S and HEAVEN disaster (it's not bad, but I expected more for that amazing ballad) so it's not that perfect. And there is always Duty. Flawless album, one good PV, lol.
Old 15th March 2012, 03:36 AM
Don't look back Initiate

I think the lack of singles has proven well for this album isnt it?
Old 15th March 2012, 03:53 AM
No way to say Initiate

so funny, but if there was no special limited box set, I'd buy a regular CD+DVD without a hesitation.. but when she releases such a set, I start to panic, because it's too big (so the shipping will be like half price of this set) and end up buying nothing. I'll buy regular version when I come to Japan.

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 15th March 2012, 04:32 AM
As if.. Initiate

So I shamelessly downloaded the leak from the downloads section, and I have to say I really like Call, and Tell me why. Also, Taskebab isn't that bad of a track, although of all the task tracks, I really will always like Taskillusion the best. Oh well. Haha

ANYWAY, I really hope she starts releasing singles again this year before her next album. I really like that she always had a structure for her releases, and the Five comes out and blows the whole structure to smithereens. Lol.

| twitter | tumblr |

Old 15th March 2012, 04:40 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Am i the only one who watch the three pv's and i like them all?

Woman Could be Dangerous
Man Could be Dangerous
Gay Could be Dangerous
Lesbian Could be Dangerous

You....! Could be Dangerous!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, how beautiful you are, party queen, taskebab