[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~A ONE~ - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th April 2015, 02:49 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyGrahams View Post
^I don't care about declining sales as much. It's been a trend since like 2002. As long as she keeps producing music and is true to herself, I'll always be a fan.
That's what I feel too but on the other hand, if her sales continue to worsen then she might not be able to release music in the future
Old 16th April 2015, 02:51 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
+-4k sales... Her lowest drop ever, I think.
Thanks. Not bad, it seems.

TWICE

Old 16th April 2015, 08:33 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbellz View Post
That's what I feel too but on the other hand, if her sales continue to worsen then she might not be able to release music in the future
She can release music as long as she wants to regardless of sales (as long as there is avex).
Just look at other artists who were really popular and don't sell well nowadays (and they still tour in arenas) like seiko matsuda for example.

btw the achivement ayu got is because she passed matsutoya yuming's record of a solo female having the most top 10 albums (47) and ayu has 48.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 16th April 2015 at 08:37 AM.
Old 16th April 2015, 08:56 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Well yeah, but ayu is too deeply embedded in music for that option. Even then, nothing last forever. I hope she continues to make music, even though I don't always love everything she released. Hopefully, this album have some legs. It deserves better sales.
Old 16th April 2015, 11:20 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

3rd day on the 2nd week - #10

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2015-04-15/

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 16th April 2015, 11:32 AM
too late Initiate

I wonder how 's about Namie Amuro's sales ?
Don't know why Namie can have the high sales although she and Ayu is all the great Diva !
Old 16th April 2015, 11:32 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

It's way better than yesterday ♥

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 17th April 2015, 11:20 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

4th day on the 2nd week - #11

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2015-04-16/p/2/

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 17th April 2015, 11:57 AM
ayu trance Initiate

I think the sales just reflect the time we live in. Agreed she doesn't have the biggest fan base she had but also they don't include her digital sales. I think that if it did, her position would be higher as it is a more convenient way for everyday music listener, more so in Japan too. Physical sales are nothing compared to digital sales nowadays, but the music industry still holds onto the whole physical side more. They also don't count overseas purchaces too

Old 17th April 2015, 12:55 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggn View Post
I think the sales just reflect the time we live in. Agreed she doesn't have the biggest fan base she had but also they don't include her digital sales. I think that if it did, her position would be higher as it is a more convenient way for everyday music listener, more so in Japan too. Physical sales are nothing compared to digital sales nowadays, but the music industry still holds onto the whole physical side more. They also don't count overseas purchaces too
The sale of any singer can increase from by this logic ... It doesn't change nothing...

Old 17th April 2015, 05:37 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalove View Post

@TriStar her concerts venues aren't getting smaller for now, but her tour dates are.
I think she used to sell more tickets so Saitama Super Arena configuration for her shows was bigger, and for the current tour its capacity was reduced to Yoyogi numbers or even less.
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (11.05, 12.05 (Yokohama), 15.05, 16.05 (Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2015 Cirque de Minuit ~真夜中のサーカス~(11.04, 12.04 Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~MADE IN TOKYO~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』(29.12, 30.12)
Old 17th April 2015, 05:59 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyGrahams View Post
Well yeah, but ayu is too deeply embedded in music for that option. Even then, nothing last forever. I hope she continues to make music, even though I don't always love everything she released. Hopefully, this album have some legs. It deserves better sales.
Nothing last forever, except Matsuda Seiko's career she is like the ayu from the 80's still releasing things even if she's not selling that well anymore so don't care about ayu, she will never be in misono's case

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 17th April 2015, 07:50 PM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
This. This. This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
I think she used to sell more tickets so Saitama Super Arena configuration for her shows was bigger, and for the current tour its capacity was reduced to Yoyogi numbers or even less.
I did notice a decrease as well!!
Old 17th April 2015, 11:15 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

It's getting to the point where CD sales do not matter. Ticket sales and things is what is going to count.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 18th April 2015, 12:40 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
It's getting to the point where CD sales do not matter. Ticket sales and things is what is going to count.
Agreed so.

I have to wonder...when will Japan start to make its 'final', 'big' change to digital? I know Johnny's artists won't release music on iTunes, hence those sales numbers, and AKB48, despite they're on iTunes, those handshake tickets that they covet...!

But yeah...eventually CD sales might not matter very much. I mean, there's this recent trend of digital music downloads in FLAC format, which is starting to gain some traction...
Old 18th April 2015, 01:52 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannetakizawa View Post
The sale of any singer can increase from by this logic ... It doesn't change nothing...
In Ayu's case, it really changes a thing. A One debuted at #3 on the digital chart of Japan, just behind A BEST and Southern All Stars album. miwa debuted at #5 for example. Since the A BEST domination last year, she gained a lot of presence on the digital market.
Old 18th April 2015, 02:43 AM
Connected Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
Of cos the money generated from the current sales... it's too little to be a major factor. But IF the sale is still 300-400,000. It's a big deal. Being on the chart is actually a big matter as endorsement comes from current popularity. No brand would want a old, unpopular star when they could get a popular star instead.

Old 18th April 2015, 03:32 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinix View Post
Of cos the money generated from the current sales... it's too little to be a major factor. But IF the sale is still 300-400,000. It's a big deal. Being on the chart is actually a big matter as endorsement comes from current popularity. No brand would want a old, unpopular star when they could get a popular star instead.
Unpopular, yeap, you are right, but old no. The star a brand uses for promotion must have appeal with the public the brand is aiming for... Kana Nishino, Kyary and AKB48 doesn't sell for women over 50, but Seiko Matsuda, Akina Nakamori and Matsutoya Yumi do.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 18th April 2015, 08:29 AM
appears Initiate

Speaking of the whole Oricon achievement, Seiko didn't manage to beat Ayu on that? She's released over 100 albums of material, and more than half of them didn't chart in the Top 10?
Old 18th April 2015, 09:08 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
Speaking of the whole Oricon achievement, Seiko didn't manage to beat Ayu on that? She's released over 100 albums of material, and more than half of them didn't chart in the Top 10?
Apparentely no, Oricon would no as they are oricon.

A BEST was #1 weekly on recochoku albums charts last week. Wow! It's really timeless there!

Last edited by ayumisrael; 18th April 2015 at 09:20 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a one, oricon